Author Topic: Too close for comfort.  (Read 1268 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Too close for comfort.
« on: June 08, 2004, 11:56:15 PM »
Lakers are not looking good.  This was not a rusty unfocused Laker team, this was just plain ole good match up.  Don't like the Lakers lack of energy and hustle, it's costing them too many boards.  While Luke did have a terrific game, Malone's injury is really highlighting the weak front court bench of the Lakers.

Piston fans, and punk Laker haters, should be salavating!  :eek2:  
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Too close for comfort.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 08:35:34 AM »
I just hope a loss like that dosen't break the Pistons back.
Paul

Offline RolandoBlackman

• View Profile
    • Email
Too close for comfort.
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 09:02:20 AM »
Hey 101!!!

I think that this victory will positively affect the Lakers far more than it will be a downer for the Pistons.  After so many miracle plays in this year's "winnin' time", 'Our Heroes' by now must have begun feeling that this is a 'team of destiny' - we all know that at the pro level, attitude is a tremendous factor in determining who wins and who loses.

Hey, I don't want this to be a re-peat of the series that ended the chance for an 80's four-peat before it ever got started - of course, I am talking about the LAL-Houston series in the 1986 WCF in which (the VERY under-rated, IMHO) Ralph Sampson, one of "The Two Towers' of the Rockets' center-dominated team (with (H)Akeem Olajuwon being the Other Tower) hit a rainbow to end the Kareem-era of 'Showtime'.  The famous image of a stunned Michael Cooper laid out on the floor of 'The Fabulous Forum' in disbelief at 'Our Heroes' exit before the annual pre-ordained matchup could be enjoined against the (sound of lugy being hocked) Boston Celtics is still burned indelibly into my memory cells..."Never Again", I say!

It's great to see how involved Magic is with the Staples Center crowd - this guy will be Governator someday, if he wants...I hope he's a Democrat!!!  LOL

-RB

Shaq #1