Author Topic: Hey, Rolando!  (Read 1604 times)

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Hey, Rolando!
« on: June 04, 2004, 10:58:15 AM »
Rolando,
     We need another NBA FANTASY PLAYER for next year!  Get in on this!  It's fun!  (Personally, I think the funnest thing about it is rubbing GenHexxed's face in the fact that he won the regular season, beat me in both of our head-to-head match-ups, but that I'm holding up the trophy.  Yeah, I know that's being a bad winner, but you have to know Skander - that's the way he does things with me, too.)

It takes a bit of time, but you can be successful with minimal effort.  If you're obsessed about it (like Skander and me), you check scores every day, read articles every day, check the waiver wires every day, etc. - but it's not required.  And, if you watch lots of NBA basketball, it gives you new reasons to care about games.  (How often have you seen somebody jumping up and down because Shammond Williams hits a 3-pointer in a blow-out loss?)

Plus, we've got a good crew:  DaBods is the commissioner, Skander (my best friend and a guy who'll argue basketball as passionately as I do), Ziggy, WayOutWest, BBF, Randy, Ted, SpursX3, a guy from FanHome called loyaltothekings (LTTK), and me.  One of Ted's friends is joining us this year, and we need one more.

This is my second year playing, and it makes the season a lot more fun.  (Except for those losses to Skander, that is.)  It's fun!  It's exciting!  It's...well...you get the idea.

Seriously - I think you'd enjoy it.

Joe

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline RolandoBlackman

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey, Rolando!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 10:31:41 AM »
Hey JoeV!  

I am not sure that I have the time to be a Fantasy League member in good standing - during the school year, my one-and-only progeny and I are, for all intents and purposes joined at the hip so that he will have the academic standing necessary for entrance into the top universities.  If you noticed, it is only recently that I have begun posting regularly again - this is due to the school year being pretty much completed, and the targeted performance achieved (praise the LORD for summer vacation - we micro-managing parents need a break).  I could participate during the summertime, but that's pretty much it.  

Sorry, brah - this is a long-term project that I have to see through to successful completion.  I've never been in a fantasy league, and have only a dim idea of how they operate - since you are so enamored of it though, I'll have to check it out and get back with you.

Laters
-RB

Shaq #1

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Hey, Rolando!
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 04:40:52 PM »
Why are people reading this?  Did the NBA player named Rolando die or something?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 04:51:09 PM »
Why are people reading this?  Did the NBA player named Rolando die or something?

Someone has A LOT of time on his (or her) hands.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 05:39:18 PM »
....I have not played FNBA for over a year now... :'(
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.