Author Topic: Bush's most hilarious choice of words yet.  (Read 1127 times)

jn

Bush's most hilarious choice of words yet.
« on: June 03, 2004, 02:19:33 PM »
Anyone catch the clip of Bush lamely trying to distance himself from Ahmad Chalabi?  Included was the phrase "I may have met him in a rope line", referring to the photo op lines where nobodies get a chance to shake the president's hand

Incredibly, if you substitute "her" for "him" that is exactl what Bill Clinton said when first asked about Monica Lewinsky.   :rofl: :nonono: Thanks to Tom Friedman for pointing that out.

PS: Just as the photo of Billy's long hug with Lewinsky put the lie to his claims, so does the film of Chalabi sitting BEHIND LAURA BUSH at the STATE OF THE UNION SPEECH put the kibosh on Bush's claims.  

Offline RolandoBlackman

• View Profile
    • Email
Bush's most hilarious choice of words yet.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 07:47:47 PM »
Hey jn!

Thanks for this info...as a precinct chief in my locality for the Dems, I have already used this tidbit to energize my already somewhat-dispirited campaign workers.  Let's face it, John Kerry has all the appeal of a two-day-old Budweiser that has been left open, sitting in the hot sun - but ya run what ya brung, and that's all we've got.  Frankly, it looks pretty grim for this round of the Presidential election - however, you never know what can happen.  Maybe Vanity Fair will run another expose similiar to the one that broadsided Bush Sr. in '92 - that's about the best we can hope for.  There is no well-funded machine on the Dems' side to keep this sort of news in the public eye for long.

-RB
Shaq #1