Author Topic: jn I know you are unhappy about last night.....  (Read 1819 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
jn I know you are unhappy about last night.....
« on: June 01, 2004, 11:40:48 AM »
Dont forget how well this team played not just in this series but the whole entire year.  I hope you are not letting a playoff loss (a tough one I might add) push aside all the acomplishments this team achieved this year.  Magic said it best at the end of the game on TNT last night.  This team now knows what its like to play in a  tough series at the end of the playoff push and they know what it takes.  For a team with no playoff expierence (as a team) they did a great job.  People were saying sweep or in 5 and the Wolves almost pushed it to a game 7 with no floor general.  So major props to the team for having a break out year.  Lets just hope this team stays together and Cassell can get back to 100%.   This team has the tools to win a championship if they can keep this set of guys together.

I would also like to give props to Flip.....he did a great coaching job and really is underrated.  He rarely gets mentioned as one of the better coaches inside the NBA.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2004, 11:42:33 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jn

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 10:51:26 AM »
Thanks wk, and thanks Dan and others in the thread below.  It's frustrating to end up with a "what if" kind of situation, but ultimately I can't complain about the season.  Props to the Lakers for getting it done on a night when the stars played poorly.  (No props to the Lakers for their extraordinary display of whining.  FOUR straight games with a T for Kobe?   :nonono: )

Simply put the Wolves did everything they could with their talent.  If Rush is gonna start channeling Dale Ellis then what can you do?

The question now is whether Hudson can be resigned and the center spot can be changed while hanging on to the emerging Hassell and the Mayor.   It sounds like a done deal Spree will return and both Trenton and Fred have indicated they want to stay.  Given Sam's injury when he was needed most it's imperitive the Wolves sign Hudson.    

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 11:15:18 AM »
Thanks wk, and thanks Dan and others in the thread below.  It's frustrating to end up with a "what if" kind of situation, but ultimately I can't complain about the season.  Props to the Lakers for getting it done on a night when the stars played poorly.  (No props to the Lakers for their extraordinary display of whining.  FOUR straight games with a T for Kobe?   :nonono: )

Simply put the Wolves did everything they could with their talent.  If Rush is gonna start channeling Dale Ellis then what can you do?

The question now is whether Hudson can be resigned and the center spot can be changed while hanging on to the emerging Hassell and the Mayor.   It sounds like a done deal Spree will return and both Trenton and Fred have indicated they want to stay.  Given Sam's injury when he was needed most it's imperitive the Wolves sign Hudson.
Sometimes it comes down to luck and the Lakers got real lucky with Rush going bonkers.  There is nothing you or the players could do about that.  Like you said they did everything they could.

I couldnt imagine this whole team not returning (Minus Kandi) to make another run next year.  More likely than not the Lakers wont have Malone and I dont see anyone else aside from B Wallace and Duncan who can do a decent job on KG.  They have a big shot at going to the finals next year if they get everyone back.  Now they have the expierence deeper in the playoffs (including Flip) and hopefully they can stay healthy.  The team McHale has put together is def one of the very best in the league.  No reason they cant make it back to the WCF.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2004, 12:14:14 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline RolandoBlackman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2004, 07:57:03 PM »
Hey jn!

Take pride in your boyz' accomplishments this season - you may recall that before the WCF I stated that "Our Heroes" would have a much easier time of it vs. Sacto than Minn. - the Kings are already psyched out by "Our Heroes" after so many playoff losses...besides, 'TrueLakers' derive far more pleasure from defeats of the "Queens" than of KG & Co. at this point.  If Sam had been there for the T-Wolves, we all know the outcome could have been quite different.  Respect, brah...

-RB

Shaq #1

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2004, 10:18:49 AM »
Yep, props JN, and say goodbye to Latrell Sprewell. Popovich is gunning for him.
Paul

jn

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2004, 10:40:50 AM »
I know 101.  I think the Wolves are hosed.  OF COURSE Spree will move for the second time in two years to a city he has know connection to and take a hefty paycut for a chance to work with Carlesimo and a team that didn't advance as far as the team he's currently on.  He'd be a fool not take that opportunity.   :up: