Author Topic: Brad Miller hurt  (Read 2898 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Brad Miller hurt
« on: February 16, 2004, 10:50:04 AM »
The camera was away from Miller when he went down, and i have not seen any replays that showed the injury occur.  However i think it involved Ron Artest.  I saw Artest on Best Damn Sports Show talking about how hard he was going to play, irregardless of how others did.  And indeed what i saw is he was playing much harder then others.  Like the NFLs Pro Bowl the NBA has an unwritten rule that you don't hurt other players in the All Star Game.  Not saying Artest hurt him on purpose at all, just starting some conversation so if any of you saw the play in detail, please do expound.

Miller being out sucks for the Kings.  I'm very much anticipating the doctors report due today Monday.  I hope this injury is a minor sprain, a 1 or 2 day injury.  Webber is allegedly going to get 8 games once he is reenacted so no help there if Miller is out.  Boooooooo.   I honestly said as soon as Artest entered the game that I hope the West players just back away and let him be Mr Play Hard, do not let yourself get injured.

Offline kenneth

• View Profile
    • Email
Brad Miller hurt
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2004, 11:58:43 AM »
I don't know how severe it is.  Funny how Miller sat there on the bench (to the best of my knowledge) the entire time.  When they have a Mini Hospital at Staples with everything from whirl pools to X-Ray machines.

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
Brad Miller hurt
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2004, 02:02:58 PM »
Kenneth,

Perhaps Mr. Miller was afraid that LA would use some of that same hospitality for which SacTown is so famous?  Perhaps that was why he was afraid to use the mini-hospital at the Staples center -- afraid that they might do a lobotomy or something.

Offline kenneth

• View Profile
    • Email
Brad Miller hurt
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2004, 03:01:48 PM »
Kenneth,

Perhaps Mr. Miller was afraid that LA would use some of that same hospitality for which SacTown is so famous?  Perhaps that was why he was afraid to use the mini-hospital at the Staples center -- afraid that they might do a lobotomy or something.
Perhaps Mr. Miller was afraid that LA would use some of that same hospitality for which SacTown is so famous?

I can see it all now.  Kobe and Shaq helping Brad to the trainiers room when Phil appears stating Gary Vitti is off today, allow me to introduce Doctor Kavorkian. he will take good care of you.

:P  Calm down Jomal

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
Brad Miller hurt
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2004, 04:11:16 PM »
Aren't you glad that Dr. K is a Laker fan?   :lol:  

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Brad Miller hurt
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2004, 11:56:23 AM »
Code: [Select]
Calm down Jomal

I'MCALM, I'MCALM. WHOWOULDN'TBECALM???? IT'SJUSTASTRAIN, THAT'SALL, ASTRAIN. WHOSAIDITWASMORETHENASTRAIN???!!!!

Okay, the news today was that Brad would be out anywhere from one to two weeks. The MRI conducted locally confirmed no fracture, and the swelling today was considerably less then it had been on Sunday.

As for the Laker hospitality, it was as good as could be expected, though they initially told SacTown team officials that Brad might have received a fracture when he inadvertantly came down on Artest's foot. He spent the entire fourth quarter back in the hospital area, so whoever said he was sitting on the bench was mistaken.

Darius Songaila likely will start tonight against, of all teams, the Boston Celtics, who never gave their 50th pick of the draft two years ago any kind of chance to make the team before trading him to Sacramento this past summer. Wonder how Darius feels about that now?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2004, 11:56:45 AM by JoMal »
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Brad Miller hurt
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2004, 12:19:22 PM »
Very glad to her its only a strain and very happy it was not Artest and only inadvertant as Miller himself *initiated*.  Otherwise mixed feelings.  Stoopid Stoopid for any player to get hurt in the all star game.  Okay perhaps Stoopid is not the right word, I mean what are they supposed to do not play?  Well basically yes.  I wish Miller and all players would play so conservatively as to not even accidently get hurt.  Impossible?  Well to avoid accidents 100% yes that is impossible.  But I do think by playing it ultra safe one can seriously mimimize the chances and i doubt Miller did that.  
  Have the Kings blown a chance the past 30 games to put a lot more room between them and the Unbeatable Marketing Leaders?  I say yes they have.  Will this Miller injury further decrease the lead they have over the Lakers?  Well i hope not, but if a silly All Star Game injury is the catlyst that will SUCK.  
  Time for Darius Songaila to show his mettle.