Author Topic: This board has gone to hell in a hand basket.  (Read 3825 times)

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
This board has gone to hell in a hand basket.
« on: May 25, 2004, 01:10:28 PM »
I vaguely remember the days when we used to talk about basketball on this board. Remember the days when the smack we talked was directed at our affiliation with a certain basketball team? "Dude, my Jazz are totally gonna rock those "damned Yankees . . . er . . . Lakers." Now it seems like we've all latched on to our favorite subjects outside of basketball (politics, religion, other posters), and all we can do is hurl insults and saliva at each other (or the government). In fact, go back and look at the past few months of posting, and you'll see a theme in everyone's posting.

Ted: "WoW, I promise George Bush isn't the devil; America does more good in the world than any other country blah blah blah . . . I swear I have only one wife!"

WoW: His posts seem to always come back to the same thing. America is a nation of hypocrites. Well, WoW doesn't seem to mind getting fat off this hypocritical nation, what with his two SoCal houses and his expanding waistline." At least we know for sure he's right in one case. :bs:

Randy: "Please show me the quote where I said . . . (insert something about politics or the killing of innocent civilians here.)" Incidentally, Randy, I believe you.

Reality: Laker Krishna, Kobme, pictures of Shrek with Shaq's head, Phildo, ZenBuddha monkey lovers.

LakerFan: Reality may you burn in hell you venomous, vitriolic, hate-filled man. Pot; kettle; Oh, you two know each other? Love one another as I have loved you . . . and so forth. Dan, you're right. Reality does hate the Lakers, and it does taint everything he says.

JoMal: Has to come in and infect the board with distinguished, logical (if slightly left-leaning), even-handed posts. I vote that we ban him from the board. He obviously no longer fits in. What the hell happened to Mr. Meaner? Lakermania? This board is tailor made for them?

Joe V: Probably sticks with Fanhome because the people there are more reasonable.

Dabods: Seems to have lost interest in us.  :cry:

NYCdog: I can't really remember what he posts. I never get past his avatar.

spursfan101: Sniff, stupid Spurs . . . snif. Kerry for president.

Lurker: Yeah, what 101 said.

BBF: Nuke 'em all!!

Disclaimer: If you take offense at the above characterizations, I apologize. They are the product of an addled brain that has been denied its daily fix of basketball talk for too damn long.

P.S. If you think about it. This all started going down hill when we went into Iraq. If it's going to take a new prez to get this board back online, then that's what it's going to take. VOTE NADER! :bs:  
« Last Edit: May 25, 2004, 01:14:11 PM by Ted »
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 01:24:07 PM »
I left off a couple of posters, not because I purposely ignored them, but because I just couldn't find a dominant theme.

No offense intended.

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2004, 01:27:30 PM »
Ted, "Please show me the quote where I said:" "Reality may you burn in hell you venomous, vitriolic, hate-filled man."

And NO we do not know each other.

And one more thing, am I the kettle or the pot? Do I get a choice?
Dan

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2004, 01:32:12 PM »
I left off a couple of posters, not because I purposely ignored them, but because I just couldn't find a dominant theme.

No offense intended.
You said you wouldn't have time for the board!

I can now add LIAR to the "Ted List".

Ted List Rev: 05.25.04
Religious Nut
Bush Apologist
Poligamist
Grammar Nazi
Worst FNBA Manager of ALL TIME  :nod:
Liar
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2004, 01:33:34 PM »
Ted, "Please show me the quote where I said:" "Reality may you burn in hell you venomous, vitriolic, hate-filled man."

If I read the post correctly, you're the pot depicted in the "Last Supper" to the left of Jesus.  :eek2:  
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2004, 01:57:36 PM »

If I read the post correctly, you're the pot depicted in the "Last Supper" to the left of Jesus.  :eek2:
WoW, have you been reading that pack of lies known as The Da Vinci Code?

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2004, 02:00:49 PM »

No offense intended.
You said you wouldn't have time for the board!

I can now add LIAR to the "Ted List".

Ted List Rev: 05.25.04
Religious Nut
Bush Apologist
Poligamist
Grammar Nazi
Worst FNBA Manager of ALL TIME  :nod:
Liar
Please show me the quote where I sad "I wouldn't have any time for the board."

If you look back, you will surely see that I clearly stated "I wouldn't have MUCH time for the board."

Thus, once again your reading comprehension skills lead you to make a false assumption, that I am a liar.

Yeah, you'll think "religious nut" when the guys from South Park turn out to be right about which religion is correct you heathen!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2004, 02:04:55 PM »
Yeah, you'll think "religious nut" when the guys from South Park turn out to be right about which religion is correct you heathen!
Did you get a chance to see "Bowling for Columbine"?  I didn't know there was such a problem with that area.  The creators of South Park come from there as well and spoke about the abuse they suffered as "nerds".

I hope people get a chance to see that documentary, shows how bad we are towards each other here in the US.  
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2004, 02:08:31 PM »
Did you get a chance to see "Bowling for Columbine"?  I didn't know there was such a problem with that area.  The creators of South Park come from there as well and spoke about the abuse they suffered as "nerds".

I hope people get a chance to see that documentary, shows how bad we are towards each other here in the US.
I did see it. I thought it was pretty interesting, although I think it definitely had an agenda.

Have you read all of the reports about falsifications and fabrications in that movie? You should look it up on the Internet.

Even if he did make some stuff up, anyone stupid enough to not learn from Columbine needs a boot up his/her arse.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2004, 02:08:57 PM »
Reality: Laker Krishna, Kobme, pictures of Shrek with Shaq's head, Phildo, ZenBuddha monkey lovers.

:D

All good except Lurkers.

He's had great posts, not a 101 suckup.  After the 0.4 grease he went soft but whaddaya gonna do.

Oh the productions i had planned.  The black n white undies with Spurs logo sewed on just wouldn't have the punch now.  

Inside the 12 step meeting of Laker Krishna wives....
« Last Edit: May 25, 2004, 04:11:53 PM by Reality »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2004, 02:24:31 PM »

I did see it. I thought it was pretty interesting, although I think it definitely had an agenda.

Have you read all of the reports about falsifications and fabrications in that movie? You should look it up on the Internet.

Even if he did make some stuff up, anyone stupid enough to not learn from Columbine needs a boot up his/her arse.
My favorite part of the movie was the Charlton Heston interview and the part when he was talking to the cops in South Central L.A.  Perfect example of LA cops.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2004, 02:33:56 PM »
My favorite part of the movie was the Charlton Heston interview and the part when he was talking to the cops in South Central L.A.  Perfect example of LA cops.
The part with the LA cops was priceless.
The part with Heston was lame.  Heston was most polite and sincere and that smart ass Moore should have been chased out with Dobermans at his arse.

Ted, anyone, didn't someone do an expose of Moore?
Riding around in limos all day and refusing interviews.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2004, 02:41:52 PM »
Dabods: Seems to have lost interest in us.

Nah.  Unfortunately basketball's been dead in Sixerland for the past....oh. 6 months or so.  I've been spending most of my basketball time scouting potential draft picks @ #9.  the most exciting event since the all-star break for me is tomorrow night's lottery drawing.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2004, 04:09:20 PM »
JoMal: Has to come in and infect the board with distinguished, logical (if slightly left-leaning), even-handed posts. I vote that we ban him from the board. He obviously no longer fits in. What the hell happened to Mr. Meaner? Lakermania? This board is tailor made for them?

To be accused of having distinguished logical, even-handed posts, you vile, vitriol-seething, hateful human being. And that goes for your beaner-patrol of a horde of offspring too.  :cry:

On the other hand, I’ve never been happier  :D

Yes you have, liar!!!   :fire:

No, you haven’t turd!!!.  :nonono:

Eat Reality’s shorts, pinko!!    :ot:

Bend him over, browno!!!!   :hotbounce:

You'd like that, wouldn't you, you Randy clone!!!!!  :alcohol:

I dare you to come over here and say that, you travesty of a transvestite- chaser!!!   :puke:

You’d like that, wouldn’t you, Bushbussing SPURSX3 wannabe!!!!  :bash:

That’s it!! I ain’t never talkin’ to you again, you Lurker lookeeloo!!!!   :ph34r:

Well, I feel better now.     :crazy:

No, you don’t………………!!!!!      :bs:    
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2004, 04:17:54 PM »
I came.

I saw.

I  :puke:

Thanks, Ted.

:ph34r:  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues