Author Topic: Will Cassell play at all?  (Read 1649 times)

jn

Will Cassell play at all?
« on: May 23, 2004, 11:16:29 AM »
http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/8734378.htm

If he can't play this game will be over before halftime.  Uggg...

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2004, 12:22:45 PM »
I really hope he plays.  The Wolves need his shot and his ability to hit big shots at the end of the game.  If anything is going to beat the Lakers its a steady dose of the pick and roll.  No Sam, no effective pick and roll.  Would be different if Hudson wasn't hurt but they have no true point guard.  KG is the man and can do everything.......but hes a little tall to be running the point.

Sam is walking a very tight rope.  Should he play thru the pain even if he knows he maybe hurting the team......or should he rest for game 2 and be ready to go for game 3 on Tuesday?  Hes in a loose loose situation if you ask me.  If he plays and hes too hurt to play then GP is going to take it to him.  If he doesnt play then the Lakers can focus in on Spree and throw much more double teams KG's way.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2004, 12:24:10 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline gaither

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2004, 10:21:52 PM »
Looks like Sam is really hurting if he couldn't play more than a few minutes. He's the kind of player who typically plays through anythinng. But the others guys stepped up in his absence. Good game...good win for the T-wolves.  

jn

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2004, 11:20:36 PM »
Agreed %100.  I'll say a lot of negative things about Cassell but I would never question his willingness to play in a big game.

Much better game by the Wolves tonight.  

Laker fans that must have been a bit surprising and hard to watch.  Apart from Kobe the Lakers didn't bring much to the table.  Would it be fair to say tonights game was perfect example of why this team, even if it wins the title, is not of the same caliber as the 2001 or 80's teams?  Those teams would have seen a team with an aging career CBA point guard, licke there chops and really attacked.  I didn't see that out the Lakers tonight.

Also what were all these guys thinking with the technicals tonight?  Everybody knows Steve Javie have the quickest whistles in the league.  

Memo to Gary Trent: Don't write checks other people have to cover. Pushing Shaq after the whistle.... :nonono:

Memo to Payton:  You got outplayed by a guy with a broken back.  Get over it.  Fisher can handle himself.  

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2004, 08:32:34 AM »
I agree with gaither.   :nod:

Role players for Minny stepped up big.  And it looked like the LAkers let up once Cassell left the game.  Too bad; they had the perfect opportunity to apply the choke hold on the Wolves.  Now the Wolves have to concentrate on stealing one in LA.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2004, 09:39:31 AM »
Memo to Gary Trent: Don't write checks other people have to cover. Pushing Shaq after the whistle.... :nonono:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You got that right.

Note to Wally: make sure your dental coverage is up to date!  :nod:  
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"