Author Topic: Someone has been stabbed at Shaq's shack.....  (Read 3306 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Someone has been stabbed at Shaq's shack.....
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2004, 12:09:40 PM »
Cut and Run?  Umm, no, it's just that when my blood boils to a certain level I quit posting on a topic -- you certainly aren't going to change my mind and you don't have a mind to change anyway.

So it makes your blood boil that the US knowingly kills innocent civilians and babies too?

Yea man, I hear ya, glad to know you're sane after all.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Guest_Randy

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2004, 01:01:39 PM »
Cut and Run?  Umm, no, it's just that when my blood boils to a certain level I quit posting on a topic -- you certainly aren't going to change my mind and you don't have a mind to change anyway.

So it makes your blood boil that the US knowingly kills innocent civilians and babies too?

The problem is that you are using yourself as the "plumb line" for sanity -- and in that case, I plead that I'm totally insane!  

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2004, 01:09:19 PM »
Cut and Run?  Umm, no, it's just that when my blood boils to a certain level I quit posting on a topic -- you certainly aren't going to change my mind and you don't have a mind to change anyway.

The problem is that you are using yourself as the "plumb line" for sanity -- and in that case, I plead that I'm totally insane!
Wrong.

I'm using the aversion to killing innocent civilians and babies as the sane criteria.

Are you saying you're okay with that type of killing?  You seem to get animated about how "others" wage war and practice religion yet ignore the way "we" take care of buisness over HERE!

Are you sure Lurker hasn't converted you to a Spurs fan and thier "uniform" makes all the difference approach to evaluating people?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Guest_Randy

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2004, 01:20:52 PM »
I'm using the aversion to killing innocent civilians and babies as the sane criteria.

Are you saying you're okay with that type of killing? You seem to get animated about how "others" wage war and practice religion yet ignore the way "we" take care of buisness over HERE!

Please show me where I stated that I don't have an aversion to killing innocent civilians and babies?  However, you are dealing with people who recognize our aversion and try to use that to their advantage (i.e. human shields that really ARE innocent civilians so that when US forces strike they kill innocent civilians).

WAR is a horrible thing -- no one truly wins in a war -- and innocent people always die in a war.  Is it unfortunate?  Absolutely!  It's also unfortunate that there are leaders who have no regard for the lives of anyone but themselves.  Saddam didn't care about his own people -- why would he care about ours?  I know that I certainly feel safer with Saddam out of the way.  He may not have been on great terms with Bin Laden but he definately supported terrorism even though the only religion that he seemed to practice was one in which he was god.  

I think there has been a lot of good done in Iraq.  Yesterday I saw an interview of an Iraqi who was imprisoned in the same jail in which all the injustices have happened.  This Iraqi compared the injustices that he has seen in photos and on television and then shared the injustices that he experienced (before he escaped the country) under Saddam's regime.  This doesn't justify what has happened -- the fact is that if it were our prisoners in Saddam's prison, the rest of the world would have sat by silently.  I want to see ALL the soldiers who are guilty come to justice -- from those who are already being prosecuted to those who are of higher rank who have not yet been exposed.  However, we have already seen the injustice by Saddam and others who somehow escape the same level of accountability.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2004, 02:06:59 PM »
I know that I certainly feel safer with Saddam out of the way.
That's where you and I differ greatly.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2004, 09:36:06 PM »
Edit 1st name also.
No, I won’t, sue me BILL. You can call people names, accuse people of "worshipping" a sports team, make fun of and denigrate people in a manner no one else here does, (and by that I mean we do it in good-spirited smack talk, you, do not) for liking that same sports team and than you want anonymity?

You can spew your hate and vitriol with a fervor that only Sassy could rival; you can be nasty and disingenuous and hypocritical and confrontational and derisive and mean-spirited and stupid and you want to hide behind your pathetically false moniker that proves your thought processes are as far from “reality” as we are from the sun?

Dream on little man (and I use the term “man” very, very, loosely), that is the coward’s way out, but I guess that applies to you so I understand your wanting me to edit the first name out. If there is massive protest over my finally having enough of your contemptible posting on this board and this diatribe earns me the first ever banishment from this board, so be it BILL, I just couldn’t stand by and endure your hypocrisy anymore. Randy said you served a purpose here because we all need a village idiot, but I doubt your hypocritical idiocy is what he had in mind.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2004, 10:48:04 PM by Laker Fan »
Dan

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2004, 11:44:06 AM »
I know that I certainly feel safer with Saddam out of the way.
That's where you and I differ greatly.
Um, Randy, I think WOW has a extremely valid point here. Safer from what? Since our invasion of Iraq, sure, Hussain is out, but since he had no WMD to use, how was getting rid of him of any difference to us?

But let's look at how things are now. Thanks to Bush, the mideastern terrorists who actually DO hate us have a new haven of operations - Iraq - where they were never welcomed before. Easy American targets are plentiful. The war has galvanized other, more moderate Arab countries to rethink their alliances with the U.S. and the west in general. Gas prices, if you haven't noticed, have skyrocketed (maybe the scariest thing of all)

But hey, we've brought "democracy" to a country that never has had it, never can quite understand it, and routinely assassinates political opponents to rid themselves of competition and to consolidate power. The next leader of Iraq will not be named Saddam, but I highly doubt he will be acting much different ten years from now. But our invasion certainly freed the Iraqi people from the known evil to open up this unknown future.

Iraq is the Balkans of the Middle East, with three distinct groups that can only wage war on each other - in the past, in the present, and in the future. One group will eventually prevail and preceed to subjegate the other two, just like always.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2004, 11:44:36 AM by JoMal »
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."