Author Topic: Congrats to Lakers, Condolences to Kings.  (Read 2437 times)

jn

Congrats to Lakers, Condolences to Kings.
« on: May 20, 2004, 02:12:26 PM »
Props to the Lakers for taking care of bidness at home.  Didn't get to see the game but it sure sounds like they really took it to the Spurs.  It's really a shame the Spurs couldn't have one game 5 for two reasons.  One being that it would have likely led to a game seven and increased the drama.  Second it means the Lakers get a much needed rest before taking on the Wolves.

Tough break JoMal, gaither.  This was a wild, up and down series.  Unfortunately for you the fortune wheel stopped spinning on the Wolves number.  Is this the end of the Kings as we know them?

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 02:17:10 PM »
TOUGH BREAK for the Kings, that last shot went in and out, it reminded me so much of Robert Horry's last second shot against the Spurs.  Props to your Kings though Jomal, they fought through a horrible ending to the regular season by really stepping up in the playoffs, be very proud.

And congrats Jomal, I'm not a bitter fan, but i hope you TAKE IT to the Lakers in 5 games.  Think your squad is the only one that could do it, couldn't see the Kings ( no offense) beating them.

:hail: GO T_WOLVES! :hail:  
Paul

Guest_Randy

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 02:19:19 PM »
TOUGH BREAK for the Kings, that last shot went in and out, it reminded me so much of Robert Horry's last second shot against the Spurs.  Props to your Kings though Jomal, they fought through a horrible ending to the regular season by really stepping up in the playoffs, be very proud.

And congrats Jomal, I'm not a bitter fan, but i hope you TAKE IT to the Lakers in 5 games.  Think your squad is the only one that could do it, couldn't see the Kings ( no offense) beating them.

:hail: GO T_WOLVES! :hail:
Did you say the TWolves in FIVE!?!   :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

You've got to stay off that  :alcohol:  so early in the morning!

jn

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 02:20:20 PM »
Did I not say that Mpls is a cursed town for Webber?  

jn

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2004, 02:25:31 PM »
"Did you say the TWolves in FIVE!?!" :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Now now Randy, let's not be so quick to dismiss the Lakers chance of winning game.  ;)  

Guest_Randy

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2004, 03:09:18 PM »
"Did you say the TWolves in FIVE!?!" :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Now now Randy, let's not be so quick to dismiss the Lakers chance of winning game.  ;)
As my son would say, you must live in Egypt because it's obvious you are in de nile.   :rolleyes:  

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2004, 03:55:00 PM »
It was a worthy series, jn, and I certainly have to say the better team won.

The Kings did great just to get this far, but once Peja took an early summer vacation, the Kings were down to fumes on the perimeter. Christie stepped up and had a great game, and though Webber missed three free throws, a late lay up and the final three pointer, he also played with much heart and was a credit to the effort he managed in a tough situation.

As for the Kings, a little athletism on the team might help. We have some basically good players across the front, but no jumpers.

And I finally have to admit that a new coach could have perhaps gotten more out of this team. Rick cannot teach young players how to blend in, so guys like Jason Williams and Gerald Wallace, while talented, have to learn how to properly play pro basketball from other sources rather then their head coach while in Sacramento. His penchant for shortening his playoff bench is totally self-defeating. You need plenty of bodies to rotate in and out of the lineup as needed.

I expect there will be some changes made in the offseason here in Sacramento. The Maloofs see the same difficulties as we do with this scheme and no doubt will address it.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2004, 12:07:33 PM by JoMal »
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline gaither

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2004, 06:29:30 PM »
Congrats, jn. I too felt that the Kings did as well as they could do considering the short-handed roster, the Webber impairment, and Adelman's coaching shortcomings. I knew the Kings would not be able to mount the kind of fight they would need to even be competitive against the Lakers. So, I was actually rooting for the T-wolves to win last night. The T-wolves have gotten a taste of what they need to do prevail in the playoffs. I believe the match-up against the Lakers will be very competitive, and I'm pulling for th T-wolves to pull out the victory.

Offline RolandoBlackman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2004, 09:53:33 AM »
Hey Gaither!

It has been a while since I have been able to post this:

"DREAM ON" (sound of Steven Tyler screeching)

Let's face it, the whole world expects the T-Wolves to be on the receiving end of a whisk broom.  No disrespect, jn - this is simply 'Reality' ...

-RB

Shaq #1

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2004, 03:01:31 PM »
Hey Gaither!

It has been a while since I have been able to post this:

"DREAM ON" (sound of Steven Tyler screeching)

Let's face it, the whole world expects the T-Wolves to be on the receiving end of a whisk broom.  No disrespect, jn - this is simply 'Reality' ...

-RB

Shaq #1
lol...classic RB
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2004, 03:43:23 PM »
The conga line lengthens.
What can be done except to endure....

Offline gaither

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2004, 07:46:15 PM »
Happy to provide some short-term laughter for you, RB. I don't see a sweep happening, but it's nice wishful thinking for the Laker zealots on the board. :D