Author Topic: CWebb  (Read 1090 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
CWebb
« on: May 20, 2004, 12:42:14 PM »
How did everyone think he played.   I saw parts of the second half and all of the last 8 minutes.  All in all i thought he was weak -bearing in mind he has a bum leg.
Which begets the question why on Earth Adleman do you insist he plays.  I thought the subs did fantastic for the Kings including that dude with the headband.
Back to the third quarter, right after the half i saw TWolves open the lead to 10.  Had to leave for a few and i come back and its 62-62.  Who fueled the comeback.  Was it without Webber on the floor.

Lastly on the strategy front.  How on Earth do the Twolves not intentionally foul on the Kings final possession.  I can't stand the NBAs two foul shots only on an intentional end of game foul, but since thats the rule why not thwart the 3 point attempt by simply fouling and thus two foul shots.  As it was Webber barely missed that 3 pt shot.

Now what?  With his fat contract no one will touch him.  Is the NBA like MLB in that even if these overpaid wussies are willing to lower their contract to be more tradeable  (:rofl: ok well thats theoretically that they would even offer to lower to be more tradeable) they can or cannot according to NBA union?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 12:44:53 PM by Reality »

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
CWebb
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 05:56:48 PM »
Peja's disappearance was much more troublesome then Webber's effort. While Chris missed some key shots and free throws, he was at least out there trying. Peja looked gutless, frankly.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

CWebb
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 05:59:16 PM »
Peja's disappearance was much more troublesome then Webber's effort. While Chris missed some key shots and free throws, he was at least out there trying. Peja looked gutless, frankly.
Co-sign.  Webber still was not 100% yet found a way to try to play thru it.  Peja on the other hand must be quite the outdoorsmen because he had his mind on fishing.  He was something like 3/12 in the 4th quarter.  After the season he had this year I cannot give him a pass for his weak performance in game 7.  For once Id have to say that alot of this blame needs to come off Webber's shoulders and be placed on Peja's.  He clearly was the best player on this team for the whole year and just took off on the most important game.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
CWebb
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 06:09:03 PM »
If it were just this last game, that would be terrible enough.

But where was he for most of this series? He did not impress me for more then several minutes at a time, most noticably in game three. Mostly, he just kept looking at the ref every time he touched the ball. I thought he was in love with him, the way he kept looking over at him. Instead of just playing playoff style basketball, he looked nervous and scared and wanted the refs to bail him out after every missed shot.

What a hole in the King's offense he made.  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Wasn't impressed by Webb or

CWebb
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2004, 06:27:57 PM »
Webb was hurt and just didn't have his legs.  Sad to see, but I think he was doing the best  he could.  Peja on the other hand wilted under the pressure- no stones at all.  Vlade   is a punk and he's done anyway.  Bibby and Christie were the only ones playing worth a damn and it wasn't enough.

Sac-town is going to have to do a lot of work in the offseason.  With this team, they missed their window.