Author Topic: That by far was the best single player performance  (Read 2301 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
That by far was the best single player performance
« on: May 20, 2004, 01:15:06 AM »
Really was there any other possible thing that KG could have done to win this game for his team?  He blocked shots down the stretch, scored in the paint, from the 3 with the shot clock down to a few ticks, took Webber to school, picked the pocket in crunch time, he rebounded, and he was the verbal leader on the court and off the court (check him telling Sam how they should defend a play).  IMO this was the best single handed performance ive seen in a long long time.  I am still amazed at how he strapped this team on his back......hate to agree with Kenny "The Bum" Smith but that MVP award really changed KG's attitude in the playoffs.  Anyone else think this is one of the best playoffs in a long time?

Major props to you jn.  I know you are  :cheers:  and :hail: to your KG poster.  Tough loss for the Kings.  Looks like some major moves are going to be made in the off-season.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 01:16:51 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline RolandoBlackman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 01:34:43 AM »
Hey wk!!!

First of all, I'M BAAAAAACK!!!  (sound of Steven Tyler screeching)

And yes, KG did it all tonight...but, the contributions from "Wally World" cannot be overlooked.  His 'spree' (LOL) of buckets in the 2nd quarter helped keep the "Queens" on the ropes.  

As I have said in previous "winnin' times", the victory is sweetest and the renown of the victors is greatest when a worthy opponent is vanquished - this year, IMHO the T-wolves are that opponent.  I, for one, am glad that 'Our Heroes' get to face the T-wolves...they've already kicked the Kings around enough in the past (Richard Nixon, take note...)!

Congratulations, jn...enjoy the warm glow while it lasts (until Friday, that is)!

-RB

Shaq #1
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 08:26:28 AM by RolandoBlackman »

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 07:52:28 AM »
wow that was a surprise, i would have thought the kings would pull it out.

Good win minnie,

LA, you better take these guys out, I for one think they are still too wet behind the ears (in terms of finally getting past the first freakin round
) to go to the finals..........

On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 09:27:57 AM »
Hey wk!!!

First of all, I'M BAAAAAACK!!!  (sound of Steven Tyler screeching)

And yes, KG did it all tonight...but, the contributions from "Wally World" cannot be overlooked.  His 'spree' (LOL) of buckets in the 2nd quarter helped keep the "Queens" on the ropes.  

As I have said in previous "winnin' times", the victory is sweetest and the renown of the victors is greatest when a worthy opponent is vanquished - this year, IMHO the T-wolves are that opponent.  I, for one, am glad that 'Our Heroes' get to face the T-wolves...they've already kicked the Kings around enough in the past (Richard Nixon, take note...)!

Congratulations, jn...enjoy the warm glow while it lasts (until Friday, that is)!

-RB

Shaq #1
Where have you been PUNK!

I smell a bandwagon front running raton!

:lol:
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jn

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2004, 12:53:58 PM »
RB!  I was wondering where you and Khamit have been. Welcome back you frontrunning bum!  ^_^

KG scored EVERY BASKET for the Wolves in the 4th.  His conditioning is absolutely surreal.   That was the first 30/20 in a game 7 since the Chuckster against Seattle in 93, and one of only a half dozen or so.  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2004, 12:57:02 PM »
jn how many times did you about die.
KG would do the fantastic, TWolve support would then undo.  Repeat until game almost chocked over to Kings.

Ie Cassells turnover.  I was in disbelief, altho calling Cassell for the foul for landing on Christie (who bumped him to get the ball) was b.s.  
Nonetheless to turn it over there  :eek2:  

Guest_Randy

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2004, 01:00:42 PM »
wow that was a surprise, i would have thought the kings would pull it out.

You know what Adelmann's record is in elimination games?  0-7!  Doesn't bode well for him coaching the Kings next year!

jn

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2004, 01:08:40 PM »
It was tough watching allright, reality.  I'm actually very thankful that I was so exhausted as it probably kept me calmer.  

RB's right, Wally's contributions were vital last night with Gary Trent and Big Erv missing bunnies and Madsen so geeked up he couldn't even catch the ball.  

And yeah that was a tough call on Sam.  It probably would have been best to just make it a no call and give the timeout to the Kings.  Still, I thought this game was reffed pretty well with any questionable calls evening out.  

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2004, 01:16:34 PM »
It was tough watching allright, reality.  I'm actually very thankful that I was so exhausted as it probably kept me calmer.  

RB's right, Wally's contributions were vital last night with Gary Trent and Big Erv missing bunnies and Madsen so geeked up he couldn't even catch the ball.  

And yeah that was a tough call on Sam.  It probably would have been best to just make it a no call and give the timeout to the Kings.  Still, I thought this game was reffed pretty well with any questionable calls evening out.
sorry jn, I would like to see the wolves win, only to shut Ventre up, his latest article ahs already said KG doesnt have the right peices to beat LA...not true in my opinion.  However, I am tipping my hat to the lakers because they beat us, and i would hate to see the opportunity wasted on LA if they lost to you guys.  too bad we couldnt see kg and td in the wcf, kg and shaq should be a nice match to watch though...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2004, 06:04:36 PM »
I am not totally convinced about the T-Wolves defeating the Lakers either.

The biggest reason has nothing to do with the Lakers, or how good the Wolves are, but the Kings/Wolves series really should not have been that difficult for Minnesota. My Kings should not have gotten to a game seven. Maybe it is a tribute to them, but with Adelman's rotation, the annual injuries to deal with, and frankly the blatant, gutless performance by Peja, there is no way the Wolves should not have easily knocked the Kings out of the away.

That they did not just does not bode well for them against the Lakers.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline RolandoBlackman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2004, 04:12:42 AM »
Hey JoMal!

You have nailed the #1 reason for the Kings getting beat by the T-Wolves IMHO - the mysterious disappearance of Predrag Stojakovic's game almost throughout the series.  I have to tell you that it seemed like Peja wasn't really even in the game for most of the series.  Four-on-five at the Pro level usually means an 'L', as it did in this particular instance.

Obviously, Flip divined that Peja would be a non-factor in Game Six, and settled on the "Stop Bibby"-centered defense as the means of stifling Shaq-ramento's point production.  Due to the ineffectual Peja, this plan worked like a charm - still, the Kings challenged KG & Co. right to the buzzer.  I was SURE Webber's shot was in! Shades of Robert Horry in the pivotal 2003 Game 5 LAL-SA playoff game...

Actually, I (and may I say it, most TrueLakers) would much rather see "Our Heroes" face the t-Wolves than the Kings.  The Kings match up MUCH better against "Our Heroes" than do the T-Wolves.  'The Pachyderm' is going to go nutz on them...Ervin Johnson?

And jn and WoW, FYI I have been totally immersed in preparing my son to gain admission to Stanford University.  He is in 10th grade now (jeez, when I first joined this group he was in 5th grade!), and has a demanding Advanced Placement-packed curriculum.  I have been providing non-stop mentoring and 'motivation' to help him attain and maintain the high level of academic performance that will be required for him to become a student there.  Your parents are educators jn, you know what I am talking about.   As you can imagine, my son is not exactly enamored of the amount of work and effort this involves, he being 15 years old - thus, the 'motivation' I mentioned earlier.  This has taken up nearly all of my time that is not already allocated to my new business (which performs PC system installation (Linux, Windows) implementation, administration, and maintenance for small businesses) and my heavy involvement with the Democratic Party (hey, it IS a presidential election year - and, 'The Usurper' must be ousted).  As you might surmise, I'm kinda busy these days!

Not only that, when Dabods first changed to a new ISP I could not use my RB handle for some reason.  I kept trying to make it work (hey, after all I AM an IT Professional - my inability to get things functioning correctly really offended my sensibilities), but failed until now.  If you do not believe me, just ask jw...so, I'm not front-running!  Besides, how can anyone living in the greater Los Angeles area be labelled a front-runner, when the circus-atmosphere season "Our Heroes" have had this year is considered?  Here in content-starved 'La-la Land', the LAL have been providing the media with enough fodder for any four other teams - we are literally inundated in Laker-related news (how's that for an apropos metaphor?).  There is no way that any TrueLaker could have just ignored the LAL goings-on that this season has encompassed.

Anyway, the school year is drawing to a close, and we've (LOL) taken all of the AP Exams now, so my overburdened schedule is somewhat lighter now...just in the nick of "winnin' time", too!  So, expect me to be posting quite a bit now for the next few months - that is, until school starts in September.  For us (LOL again), the 11th Grade will be OUR "Winnin' Time" - we are aiming for National Merit Finalist, and are already in preparation for it.   That scholarship money will be sorely needed...do you know how much it costs to send one of your progeny to Stanford?  Dang.

Laterz, braddahs...
-RB

Shaq #1
« Last Edit: May 21, 2004, 04:30:03 AM by RolandoBlackman »