Author Topic: OT: Could the beheading have been stagged?  (Read 10835 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
OT: Could the beheading have been stagged?
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2004, 02:29:11 PM »
Randy,

First off, <font=drunk> I love ya man </font> but those are some of the STUPIDEST comments I've ever read on this board...no...wait...those are THE stupidest comments I've ever read from our little group.

You are under the dellusion that we, the US, are somehow better than the people we are fighting.  You are under the dellusion that Islam is somehow more evil or twisted than Christianity.  There is no difference between the core teachings of either religion just like there is no difference between how some nutcases twist those teachings to suit their own purposes.  You don't know squat about Islam in prison based on your comments.  I can tell you that Catholics kill 100X more people in prison than Islam because the largest most brutal prison army are Mexican catholics.  Islam in prison is as much about self preservation in prison as anything because you either join the black army or become a civilian casualty.  Islam provides an alternative.  There is also a HUGE difference between Islam and the Nation of Islam.  Thinking otherwise is as STUPID as thinking Christians are the same as the Klu Klux Klan.  If you are an American Christian then you MUST also support and live by the ideals of the KKK by your misguided and ignorant point of view.

Next time you want to go on about people strapping bombs to their children think about a nation that chose to kill hundreds of thousands of INNOCENT CIVILIAN men, women and CHILDREN instead of facing their army.

Goddamit Randy, wake the flock up!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2004, 02:34:39 PM »

How about trying to actually READ what I post before deciding I am one-sided and misguided.  

First, I never said that the entire religion of Islam teaches hatred of infidels -- I stated that Islam teaches that anyone who doesn't embrace Allah and Mohammed as infidels -- and that, whether you want to admit it or not, is NOT a term of flattery.  Infidels ARE to be looked down on whether it's with pity or anger -- it's usually one of the two.  

Oh, please!  You really think they NEEDED this in order to continue to spew their poison?  They grow these kids up on a religion that teaches, even in it's best light, that anyone who doesn't embrace Islam is an infidel.  In it's worst light, it teaches that infidel's are scum and deserved to be killed because they stand against Mohammad. 

"They" grow these kids up on a religion that teaches, even in its best light, that anyone who doesn't embrace Islam is an infidel, scum, and deserve to be killed. Excuse me, Randy, for misreading your meaning there. How could I possibly miss that you never meant to imply that the entire religion of Islam teaches hatred of infidels.

I have a suggestion for you. Try rereading what you post prior to hitting that annoying "Add Reply" button before your own words require major backtracking on your part.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2004, 02:39:57 PM »
Lurk, I got the email, dont worry about it, I am not upset, I just see things differently, but no it doesnt bother me at all, everyone is entitles to their own opinion, its cool...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2004, 02:52:10 PM »
Lurk, I got the email, dont worry about it, I am not upset, I just see things differently, but no it doesnt bother me at all, everyone is entitles to their own opinion, its cool...
Obviously Spurs fans are of a lesser metal!  
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Guest_Randy

« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2004, 02:56:51 PM »

How about trying to actually READ what I post before deciding I am one-sided and misguided. 

First, I never said that the entire religion of Islam teaches hatred of infidels -- I stated that Islam teaches that anyone who doesn't embrace Allah and Mohammed as infidels -- and that, whether you want to admit it or not, is NOT a term of flattery.  Infidels ARE to be looked down on whether it's with pity or anger -- it's usually one of the two. 

Oh, please!  You really think they NEEDED this in order to continue to spew their poison?  They grow these kids up on a religion that teaches, even in it's best light, that anyone who doesn't embrace Islam is an infidel.  In it's worst light, it teaches that infidel's are scum and deserved to be killed because they stand against Mohammad. 

"They" grow these kids up on a religion that teaches, even in its best light, that anyone who doesn't embrace Islam is an infidel, scum, and deserve to be killed. Excuse me, Randy, for misreading your meaning there. How could I possibly miss that you never meant to imply that the entire religion of Islam teaches hatred of infidels.

I have a suggestion for you. Try rereading what you post prior to hitting that annoying "Add Reply" button before your own words require major backtracking on your part.
I thought I had identified this pretty clearly -- even for a Kings fan.  I said in their best light they teach that anyone who doesn't believe in Allah and Mohammed as infidels who are pitied or hated.  One group pities us the other hates us.  The worst of them like a great deal of those in the Middle East grew up hating us (see Taliban, for example) and teaching their children lies.

And since it's ONE of those two (pity and hate) -- it certainly brings us to the conclusion that not ALL Muslims are that way -- I would have thought you could understand that.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2004, 03:00:15 PM »
Randy,

First off, <font=drunk> I love ya man </font> but those are some of the STUPIDEST comments I've ever read on this board...no...wait...those are THE stupidest comments I've ever read from our little group.

You are under the dellusion that we, the US, are somehow better than the people we are fighting.  You are under the dellusion that Islam is somehow more evil or twisted than Christianity.  There is no difference between the core teachings of either religion just like there is no difference between how some nutcases twist those teachings to suit their own purposes.  You don't know squat about Islam in prison based on your comments.  I can tell you that Catholics kill 100X more people in prison than Islam because the largest most brutal prison army are Mexican catholics.  Islam in prison is as much about self preservation in prison as anything because you either join the black army or become a civilian casualty.  Islam provides an alternative.  There is also a HUGE difference between Islam and the Nation of Islam.  Thinking otherwise is as STUPID as thinking Christians are the same as the Klu Klux Klan.  If you are an American Christian then you MUST also support and live by the ideals of the KKK by your misguided and ignorant point of view.

Next time you want to go on about people strapping bombs to their children think about a nation that chose to kill hundreds of thousands of INNOCENT CIVILIAN men, women and CHILDREN instead of facing their army.

WOW, that was a very good post - right up to this comment "Next time you want to go on about people strapping bombs to their children think about a nation that chose to kill hundreds of thousands of INNOCENT CIVILIAN men, women and CHILDREN instead of facing their army."

I have heard that asinine inference for the last time. Any F**KING BASTARD who even has the mental embalance to EVER suggest the alternative would have worked better should read the history books about Iwo Jima and Okinawa and know exactly what American soldiers would have faced had they invaded mainland Japan. Most of us baby boomers would not be here. Most of the Japanese certainly would not be here. America as we know it would not be here. For the cost of those several hundred thousand Japanese lives, millions of others lived in both countries.

Conventional bombing killed 100,000 in Dresden during ETO operations. How many would have died from conventional bombing before we invaded Japan? Would it have been more acceptible to you for the Japanese to have lost half a million people in densely populated Toyko instead? Or a million elsewhere. Give us a figure, WOW, a number of dead Americans and Japanese that would have worked sooooo much better then what was used.

Was it the use of a nuclear bomb that bothers you? Without an actual war usage of that bomb, none of us today could ever understand how devastating such a device could be, long term and more advanced as it is now.

How many INNOCENT CIVILIAN casualties did the Japanese annihilate in the Nanjing Massacre? Morons will immediately remember the atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki and not remember the "forgotten" holocaust that the Japanese inflicted on China. In this forgotten holocaust, three hundred thousand people were brutally murdered and 20,000 women were raped in the city of Nanjing by your precious and "innocent" Japanese during the years of 1937-1938. We are not talking about instant death here, but a systematic and slow angonizing death at the hands of the masters.

It begs the question, why did we stop at only two bombs?.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 03:01:32 PM by JoMal »
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2004, 03:01:54 PM »

First, I never said that the entire religion of Islam teaches hatred of infidels -- I stated that Islam teaches that anyone who doesn't embrace Allah and Mohammed as infidels -- and that, whether you want to admit it or not, is NOT a term of flattery.  Infidels ARE to be looked down on whether it's with pity or anger -- it's usually one of the two. 

I thought I had identified this pretty clearly -- even for a Kings fan.  I said in their best light they teach that anyone who doesn't believe in Allah and Mohammed as infidels who are pitied or hated.  One group pities us the other hates us.  The worst of them like a great deal of those in the Middle East grew up hating us (see Taliban, for example) and teaching their children lies.

And since it's ONE of those two (pity and hate) -- it certainly brings us to the conclusion that not ALL Muslims are that way -- I would have thought you could understand that.
What about the thousands or millions of Muslims that neither pity or hate us?  I have some freinds who do not pity or hate christians.  They just recognize it as a different belief.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2004, 03:04:27 PM »
Or more considerate of their fellow fans.   :up:  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Guest_Randy

« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2004, 03:06:28 PM »
Randy,

You are under the dellusion that we, the US, are somehow better than the people we are fighting.  You are under the dellusion that Islam is somehow more evil or twisted than Christianity.  There is no difference between the core teachings of either religion just like there is no difference between how some nutcases twist those teachings to suit their own purposes.  You don't know squat about Islam in prison based on your comments.  I can tell you that Catholics kill 100X more people in prison than Islam because the largest most brutal prison army are Mexican catholics.  Islam in prison is as much about self preservation in prison as anything because you either join the black army or become a civilian casualty.  Islam provides an alternative.  There is also a HUGE difference between Islam and the Nation of Islam.  Thinking otherwise is as STUPID as thinking Christians are the same as the Klu Klux Klan.  If you are an American Christian then you MUST also support and live by the ideals of the KKK by your misguided and ignorant point of view.

Gee, where to start:

Thanks, I really appreciate that -- based on your ideology, if you had said anything else I would begin to doubt myself.

You are under the dellusion that we, the US, are somehow better than the people we are fighting.  You are under the dellusion that Islam is somehow more evil or twisted than Christianity.  There is no difference between the core teachings of either religion just like there is no difference between how some nutcases twist those teachings to suit their own purposes. 

Hmm, I don't believe that I stated that we are better -- simply different.  And I believe there is a HUGE difference between Muslim and Christianity.  Muslim states that anyone who doesn't accept Allah is an infidel -- umm, tell me how you can use infidel positively in a sentence.  At best you are pitied at worst hated.  Christianity, at least as I understand it, teaches that people are to be loved, not pitied or hated.  

You don't know squat about Islam in prison based on your comments.  I can tell you that Catholics kill 100X more people in prison than Islam because the largest most brutal prison army are Mexican catholics.  Islam in prison is as much about self preservation in prison as anything because you either join the black army or become a civilian casualty.

Umm, who is talking aobut Mexican prisons?  If that's the case, should we talk about prisons in Iraq during Saddam's reign?  We were talking about prisons in the US.  Perhaps, Mexican catholics are on top in the prisons in California but not the ones that I have been in -- the "top" dog have been the militant blacks.  But then again, you've probably stayed there a lot longer than I have!   :bash:  

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2004, 03:47:11 PM »
I have heard that asinine inference for the last time. Any F**KING BASTARD who even has the mental embalance to EVER suggest the alternative would have worked better should read the history books about Iwo Jima and Okinawa and know exactly what American soldiers would have faced had they invaded mainland Japan. Most of us baby boomers would not be here. Most of the Japanese certainly would not be here. America as we know it would not be here. For the cost of those several hundred thousand Japanese lives, millions of others lived in both countries.

What a load of crap.  Not once did I state it would have been better to go the other route in that regard, just stated we can't take the moral high ground when it comes to killing or the manner in which we kill.  I know exactly what happened as the US got closer to the home islands.  The figures given to the president regarding causalties was 300K-500K Japaneses killed at a cost of 150K-200K Americans.  But you're niave if you think that was the sole reason for the US dropping the bomb on Japan.  The fact of the matter was the US was just as worried about the Russians invading Japan as they were about the cost of American lives.  The Russians routed the Japanese army in China and were already planning their own invasion of Japan.  Every ally came to the same conclusion regarding the invasion of Japan, an 18 month blockade could have starved the island nation into submission or at a minimum severly devastate their ability to defend themselves.  But the US decided to go with the bomb.

Conventional bombing killed 100,000 in Dresden during ETO operations. How many would have died from conventional bombing before we invaded Japan? Would it have been more acceptible to you for the Japanese to have lost half a million people in densely populated Toyko instead? Or a million elsewhere. Give us a figure, WOW, a number of dead Americans and Japanese that would have worked sooooo much better then what was used.

There isn't a better way to kill, that's my ENTIRE point.  There is no moral high ground the US can take regarding killing the right way.

Was it the use of a nuclear bomb that bothers you? Without an actual war usage of that bomb, none of us today could ever understand how devastating such a device could be, long term and more advanced as it is now.

It was the use of the bomb on civilians that bothers me and NOT knowing the long term effects that bothered me.  Maybe Saddam was just doing a study on the long term effects of never gas on the Kurds.  Maybe Osama was just doing a study on jet fuel on building superstructures.

How many INNOCENT CIVILIAN casualties did the Japanese annihilate in the Nanjing Massacre? Morons will immediately remember the atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki and not remember the "forgotten" holocaust that the Japanese inflicted on China. In this forgotten holocaust, three hundred thousand people were brutally murdered and 20,000 women were raped in the city of Nanjing by your precious and "innocent" Japanese during the years of 1937-1938. We are not talking about instant death here, but a systematic and slow angonizing death at the hands of the masters.

Morons will also try to justify killing innocent people.  You want to talk about a forgotten holocaust, lets talk about Cambodia while we're at it or closer to home lets talk about Honduras.  Both of which were triggered by the meddling US.  How about the MOST succesfull holocoast/genocide in American history.  Talk about forgotten, next time you're at a Kings game get on the PA and ask all the natives to raise their hands, you'd probably be able to count them on one hand.

It begs the question, why did we stop at only two bombs?.

Becuause we only had two you moron.  It was a huge gamble dropping the second atomic bomb on Nagasaki because we didn't have a third.  Had the Japanese not capitulated the casualties on both sides would have been huge because the US was not willing to wait for the blockade to soften up the Japs.  The US wouldn't wait because they didn't want the Russians on the main island of Japan, NOT becuase of the tragic loss of human life.

Listen you MORON, I honestly respect your opinion regarding politics and religion more than anyone else on this board.  You're extremely well grounded and informed, my childish name calling is all in good "LA style" fun pendejo!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2004, 03:52:10 PM »
Gee, where to start:

Thanks, I really appreciate that -- based on your ideology, if you had said anything else I would begin to doubt myself.

My ideology is based on the real world, not on ignorance.  You're guilty of what you accuse Spurs fans of, just cause you fly the Red, White and Blue banner, you're automatically above reproach.

Hmm, I don't believe that I stated that we are better -- simply different.  And I believe there is a HUGE difference between Muslim and Christianity.  Muslim states that anyone who doesn't accept Allah is an infidel -- umm, tell me how you can use infidel positively in a sentence.  At best you are pitied at worst hated.  Christianity, at least as I understand it, teaches that people are to be loved, not pitied or hated.

FYI pendejo, the Bible states to do the same.  You don't understand niether Islam nor Christianity.  They both state to kill the non-beleivers.  GOT IT?

Umm, who is talking aobut Mexican prisons?  If that's the case, should we talk about prisons in Iraq during Saddam's reign?  We were talking about prisons in the US.  Perhaps, Mexican catholics are on top in the prisons in California but not the ones that I have been in -- the "top" dog have been the militant blacks.  But then again, you've probably stayed there a lot longer than I have!   :bash:

No, we're talking aboout the US prison population.  I'm not surprised you're uniformed about that as well.  Seems to me alot of your opinions and shot from the hip judgements are based on ignorance not education/experience.  I still love ya man.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2004, 03:55:39 PM »
I still love ya man.
Get a room!  This San Francisco-style (or is that Boston?) love fest is sickening.  If you are that desperate I think 101 has a spare goat.

:ph34r:  
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2004, 04:40:56 PM »
I still love ya man.
Get a room!  This San Francisco-style (or is that Boston?) love fest is sickening.  If you are that desperate I think 101 has a spare goat.

:ph34r:
I'd NEVER lower myself to taking the spare goat!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2004, 04:41:54 PM »
Or more considerate of their fellow fans.   :up:
Par de hotos!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2004, 05:03:52 PM »

What a load of crap. Not once did I state it would have been better to go the other route in that regard, just stated we can't take the moral high ground when it comes to killing or the manner in which we kill.

No, we certainly cannot take a moral high ground regarding killing, but you also cannot compare suicide bombers to the nuclear bombing of Japan as morally comparable either. We bombed Japan to end a war; suicide bombers cannot solve anything except making sure the conflict continues. There is no moral excuse for it because it accomplishes nothing.

I know exactly what happened as the US got closer to the home islands. The figures given to the president regarding causalties was 300K-500K Japaneses killed at a cost of 150K-200K Americans. But you're niave if you think that was the sole reason for the US dropping the bomb on Japan. The fact of the matter was the US was just as worried about the Russians invading Japan as they were about the cost of American lives. The Russians routed the Japanese army in China and were already planning their own invasion of Japan. Every ally came to the same conclusion regarding the invasion of Japan, an 18 month blockade could have starved the island nation into submission or at a minimum severly devastate their ability to defend themselves. But the US decided to go with the bomb.

All of this just supports MY opinion, but counters what you said earlier, that the U.S. was more concerned about facing the Japanese army. Alternatives to dropping the bomb existed and were considered, but they all involved much longer scenarios, had such negative connotations as the Russians invading first (and have no doubt, they would not have decided to use such an alternative as starvation), and certainly would have involved counterattacks by the Japanese that would not have spared American lives anyway.

There isn't a better way to kill, that's my ENTIRE point. There is no moral high ground the US can take regarding killing the right way.

Ah, now you are stating that your point was about the morality of killing and the U.S. is not immune to the consequences. Since the bombing of Japan WAS the morally correct thing to do at the time, how does that compare to what suicide bombers seem to think they are accomplishing? That is what you are comparing it to. I don’t think you chose the right example. Our bombing of Japanese civilians, as well as the military targets in those cities, helped to resolve a horrible worldwide conflict. Suicide bombers who target civilians accomplish death that serves no ultimate goal except terror and hopelessness. By design, this type of bombing furthers the conflict without provide any hope of resolution. Are there such things as levels of morality when the death of civilians are involved?

It was the use of the bomb on civilians that bothers me and NOT knowing the long term effects that bothered me. Maybe Saddam was just doing a study on the long term effects of nerve gas on the Kurds. Maybe Osama was just doing a study on jet fuel on building superstructures.

Maybe Saddam’s gassing of the Kurds was simply vicious and only served to annihilate an enemy within his own borders. My guess is he knew exactly what the effects would be. Gassing that occurred during World War I left plenty of evidence to the long-term effects of it. We all can assume Ben Laden knew exactly what to expect from flying two planes into skyscrapers.

No one was certain as to what would be the long-term affects of the use of a nuclear device. Then. We certainly understand it now.We chose those two cities for reasons that included their military significance and size.  We did not bomb Tokyo, did we? We very easily could have. We are hardly morally superior to many others, but tell me, if Russia had the bomb then, would Tokyo even exist today? If Hitler had gotten there first, would anyone be able to go near where London currently is without the threat of being contaminated? Regardless of the devastating effect it could have on themselves, would our current foes hesitate to explode a nuclear device where it would do the most devastation?

You want to compare the morality of our using a nuclear bomb the way we did to any of these groups, you go right ahead.

Morons will also try to justify killing innocent people. You want to talk about a forgotten holocaust, lets talk about Cambodia while we're at it or closer to home lets talk about Honduras. Both of which were triggered by the meddling US. How about the MOST succesfull holocoast/genocide in American history. Talk about forgotten, next time you're at a Kings game get on the PA and ask all the natives to raise their hands, you'd probably be able to count them on one hand.

Too bad you didn’t take a step back before your original post and used these examples instead of Japan. You would get very little argument from me on any of them, except the last point. Native Americans are there at Arco in numbers, if they are smart and root for the Kings.

Because we only had two you moron. It was a huge gamble dropping the second atomic bomb on Nagasaki because we didn't have a third. Had the Japanese not capitulated the casualties on both sides would have been huge because the US was not willing to wait for the blockade to soften up the Japs. The US wouldn't wait because they didn't want the Russians on the main island of Japan, NOT because of the tragic loss of human life.

Listen you MORON, I honestly respect your opinion regarding politics and religion more than anyone else on this board. You're extremely well grounded and informed, my childish name calling is all in good "LA style" fun pendejo!

Well, mine wasn’t.   :angry:            :lol:

Even after two were dropped, the Japanese military was not prepared to surrender. The Emperor simply overruled them and against their wishes he capitulated. The Japanese military, thank God, could not buck tradition by going against their Supreme Leader.

MY point, WOW, really was not about your argument regarding the morality of killing innocence during legitimate military actions, which will happen in every instance. But to specifically TARGET civilians should not ever be acceptable. If you had mentioned Wounded Knee, or the Trail of Tears, the consequences of Pizarro and Cortez’ invasions, or just what a complete jerk G.A. Custer was regarding his Indian Campaigns, then the comparisons to Palestinian and Al Qaida suicide bombers who target civilians would fit your argument.

Comparing them to the bombing of civilians in Japan to end that war after what the Japanese had previously done just does not.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 05:08:33 PM by JoMal »