Author Topic: Who (for sure) released the photos  (Read 7982 times)

Guest_Randy

Who (for sure) released the photos
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2004, 03:41:15 PM »
Sometimes I think some of you guys have poo-poo between your ears on certain subjects.

I guess not showing the pictures means that what happened, and probably would have kept happening, didn't happen?  Remove your heads from your arses already.  Killing innocent civilians is NOTHING new to these people, at happened before it would continue to happen regardless of the prison incidents.

How about some of you flock faces that want to ream the media consider reamming the POS's that where in the pictures?

Bunch of pendejos sometimes.
Yeah, nothing like political bias, huh, WOW?  Only hold one group accountable -- the other group is fine, huh?  :unsure:  

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2004, 04:02:42 PM »
I find WOW to be a realist, think he's right on. :hail:  :puke:  
Paul

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2004, 04:10:12 PM »
How about some of you flock faces that want to ream the media consider reamming the POS's that where in the pictures?

Since when can't you be mad at more than one person/group?  Since when can only one person be wrong?

Both should be "reammed"
Why should the media be reamed, they're not the ones who abused those prisoners.

And the stupid suggestion that it's going to lead to more killings is just that, stupid.  People are being killed in Iraq BECAUSE THEY ARE IN IRAQ!

For flocks sake, get a grip people!
I dont think the media should be reamed at all, they did their job, and made public an american attrocity IMO.  the general that went before the investigation commitee the other day said that it was his impression that there was no command really in charge of the prison, and the troops there could have done it on their own being that were poorly trained... :eek2:

poorly trained troops??? no command?????  sound like a cover up, of course it does!

there should be some justice on those troops as well as there leaders that knew and turned a blind eye to it.

it sinks us to the "terrorists" level when we say it is ok for us to do this to innocent and or defenless people.

face it guys, just because Al- Zarqawi mentioned the prison in his speech, it doesnt mean that he killed Berg because of that, he was just tyring to stir unrest in us over here - they know americans are soft and will yell, bring our troops home!  becuase once we do, due to pressure like this, they will have won a MORAL victory on their side, they will use that as fuel for their sick cause to recruit more ignorant psychopaths to their thing........
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2004, 04:13:53 PM »
This is going to make me ill, but I'm going to have to pretty much agree with WoW. :eek3:

Without the release of the pictures to the public, there's really no guarantee that anything would be done. IMO, the things we saw in the pictures were done deliberately and on direct orders from superiors. The kind of humiliation some of these prisoners underwent is a strong motivator for cooperation. Some of these guys would actually be killed for what the pictures show them doing; i.e. homosexual acts (forced or not).

I think the CIA or some commanding officers in the military probably had this done for intelligence gathering purposes. The problem is, this kind of stuff just doesn't fly with most of us Americans, and it has to be stopped. Randy's right that the media has to govern itself and that it can do a lot of damage when they don't. But we can't censor. I don't have a problem with the gov't deciding to not release the remaining pictures, but barring the press from printing something they already have is just too thin a line.

Also, WoW. You're such a pompous windbag. You really think you're the smartest person in the world, don't you. People would listen to and respect your point of view a lot more if you weren't such an arsehole to them.  :up:

Oh by the way, these hood-wearers are going to hate us and kill us no matter what we do. Granted, these pictures might help them recruit a few more psychos, but it's not really going to make them hate us any less. If we leave Iraq with our tails between our legs, they're just going to follow us and bring the fight back to our soil.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 04:17:11 PM by Ted »
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

jn

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2004, 04:24:59 PM »
"Oh by the way, these hood-wearers are going to hate us and kill us no matter what we do. Granted, these pictures might help them recruit a few more psychos, but it's not really going to make them hate us any less. If we leave Iraq with our tails between our legs, they're just going to follow us and bring the fight back to our soil. "

Really? Tell me exactly what you KNOW about these prisoners.  

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2004, 04:25:54 PM »
Yeah, what Ted said.   :cheers:

Especially that part about WOW.   :jk:  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2004, 04:29:00 PM »
"Oh by the way, these hood-wearers are going to hate us and kill us no matter what we do. Granted, these pictures might help them recruit a few more psychos, but it's not really going to make them hate us any less. If we leave Iraq with our tails between our legs, they're just going to follow us and bring the fight back to our soil. "

Really? Tell me exactly what you KNOW about these prisoners.
JN, I looked at your post for three minutes trying to figure out what you're talking about. And I think I finally understand.

:nonono:

Just in case I don't understand. Here's clarification:

Hood-wearers=guys who sawed off Berg's head.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 04:31:40 PM by Ted »

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2004, 04:30:00 PM »
Also, WoW. You're such a pompous windbag. You really think you're the smartest person in the world, don't you. People would listen to and respect your point of view a lot more if you weren't such an arsehole to them.  :up:

Pompus windbag?  More like beligerant drunk.

My smartness varies per subject matter but I'm about the 3rd smartest overall.

I really don't care if people listen to me or respect my point of view.  I post what I feel, if you don't like it don't read or respond to it, they're just honest feelings/opinions and I don't need them validated by anyone becuase I know it's the truth.  The truth to me may not be the truth to you, I just think some people are uncomfortable facing reality, and I'm not talking about the frontrunning dimwit either.

People sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo try to paint some pretty picture of thier world, but the fact of the matter is that we're all the same species, we all have the capability to do what we find horrid and in some cases worse.  People need to get off the crack and stop thinking this is a Muslim, terrorist, Iraqi, Al-Queda or whatever issue/atrocities.  We've got tons of flockers that are as bad if not worse than those guys right here in the good ole USA!  

Just check out your local sex offender listing and tell me who worries you most, Joe Blow childmolestor in your zip code or some towel head and his stinking beliefs half way across the world.  How about good ole boys down the state who like to drag people to death, or at lest until their eye pops out of it's socket, behind a pick up truck for kicks?  Who worries you more?  

Top of my list of "worry" people, young black and hispanic males.  I'll worry about Osama "me los mammas" Bin-Laden when I get to that part of the list.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2004, 04:30:42 PM »

IMO, the things we saw in the pictures were done deliberately and on direct orders from superiors. The kind of humiliation some of these prisoners underwent is a strong motivator for cooperation....... I think the CIA or some commanding officers in the military probably had this done for intelligence gathering purposes. The problem is, this kind of stuff just doesn't fly with most of us Americans, and it has to be stopped.
If so, and while speculating i agree, then how does CBS end up with the video to show Joe and Suzy Sixpack here in the US?  Also the rest of the TV viewing world.  

My original point was not so much the media releasing info they gather on their own, but more one of how does CBS end up with this military video and pictures? If gathered illegally by CBS, why are the unaccountable?  Thus my "reemed" comments.  Which i see we have rendered reemed, reemmed, reamed, and i think reammed.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2004, 04:39:17 PM by Reality »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2004, 04:37:20 PM »
If we leave Iraq with our tails between our legs, they're just going to follow us and bring the fight back to our soil.
My wife watched the video of they guy getting his head hacked off and nearly started to cry.  She said we need to just leave because it's only going to get worse.  I told her I agree but I would drop a nuke, or air fuel bomb at least, on one of the major cities where these types of atrocities are going on.  Why risk our service people by making them targets in Iraq?

Nobody likes us anyway and we're going getting hammered trying to appease some of these hypocrite contries.  Why don't we just live down to everyone's expecations and leave behind an example of what happens when you mess with the US.

The US has shown it's metal before, we've killed innocent men, women and children by the hundreds of thousands before and we need to show we are willing to do it AGAIN if somebody wants to flock with us.

Praise Allah I'm not in charge, I'd of gone Nagasaki on Fallujah months ago.  
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jn

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2004, 04:41:18 PM »
Aaaah Ted, there's the trouble.  I thought you were referring to the guys FORCED to wear hoods in prison by the U.S.  My point was that given the Fog of War that at this point we have know way of knowing if the Iraqis who were tortured were deadly Islamic fanatics, minor league looters, or the neighborhood drunk who mouthed off.  

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2004, 04:42:25 PM »
In case you didn't know:

http://www.criminalcheck.com/

"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2004, 04:47:49 PM »

"I really don't care if people listen to me or respect my point of view.  I post what I feel, if you don't like it don't read or respond to it, they're just honest feelings/opinions and I don't need them validated by anyone becuase I know it's the truth.  The truth to me may not be the truth to you, I just think some people are uncomfortable facing reality, and I'm not talking about the frontrunning dimwit either."

The truth to you may not be the truth to me . . .

How can it be "truth" then?

If you've cornered the market on truth, why would't you want to present it in a way that other people could understand and accept it? I'll tell you why. You're a damned belligerent drunk who's cranky cuz his fat arse is keeping him off the basketball court.

BTW, I've lost four pounds this week.

"Just check out your local sex offender listing and tell me who worries you most, Joe Blow childmolestor in your zip code or some towel head and his stinking beliefs half way across the world.  How about good ole boys down the state who like to drag people to death, or at lest until their eye pops out of it's socket, behind a pick up truck for kicks?  Who worries you more?"

I actually do check the sex offender list, quite often. I've got one of the winners living a block away. If I ever see him near my house, I'm gonna introduce him to the business end of my Winchester 12 gauge and "invite him off the premises." Just kidding. Seriously though, my main worries are white trash young males and second-generation Hispanic or Polynesian gang members.

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2004, 04:51:38 PM »
Aaaah Ted, there's the trouble.  I thought you were referring to the guys FORCED to wear hoods in prison by the U.S.  My point was that given the Fog of War that at this point we have know way of knowing if the Iraqis who were tortured were deadly Islamic fanatics, minor league looters, or the neighborhood drunk who mouthed off.
Agreed. I don't care if they're the most rabid Al Qaeda terrorists in that prison. We shouldn't be doing that.

Try them in court. Find them guilty. Execute the bastages . . . Fine with me as long it's a fair process. But prison abuse is the ultimate form of bullying, and we shouldn't do it.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2004, 05:24:29 PM »
If we leave Iraq with our tails between our legs, they're just going to follow us and bring the fight back to our soil.
My wife watched the video of they guy getting his head hacked off and nearly started to cry.  She said we need to just leave because it's only going to get worse.  I told her I agree but I would drop a nuke, or air fuel bomb at least, on one of the major cities where these types of atrocities are going on.  Why risk our service people by making them targets in Iraq?

Nobody likes us anyway and we're going getting hammered trying to appease some of these hypocrite contries.  Why don't we just live down to everyone's expecations and leave behind an example of what happens when you mess with the US.

The US has shown it's metal before, we've killed innocent men, women and children by the hundreds of thousands before and we need to show we are willing to do it AGAIN if somebody wants to flock with us.

Praise Allah I'm not in charge, I'd of gone Nagasaki on Fallujah months ago.
dude how could you let your wife watch that?  i would have seriously told mine i wa against it... it was hard for me to watch, i am still having some flashback to what LITTLE i did see of the actual act, i have nothing but contempt right now for those b@stards.....I am all for sending more than ampel troops, more than necessary weapons, and clamping down with severity on the whole country, purge them and give these cowardly f*&*s a lesson in real power, if they love "terror" so much we should make them feel it by making them run back to their holes and then blowing them to kingdom come when we find them there...

yeah, i am a little angry too right now about it all...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.