Author Topic: Congrats Missouri posters  (Read 3361 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Congrats Missouri posters
« on: October 08, 2011, 10:51:34 AM »
1-0 Cards and Halliday as *mighty* Philly is only gonna get one Championship out of these great rosters.

Wolf are you going to attempt to attend any Card games in person?

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Congrats Missouri posters
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 10:23:22 AM »
Not going to any games in person, since I'm up in Minnesota, but I suppose that could change if somebody snags some tickets.  I'd def make the trip down for that.

Can't wait for game three tonight: Carp vs. Gallardo.
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 09:57:05 AM »
1-0 Cards and Halliday as *mighty* Philly is only gonna get one Championship out of these great rosters.

What's with the quotes ?  The goal of the MLB playoffs are to generate excitement and revenue (which they're ridiculously good at), not determine the best team in any year (which they're ridiculously bad at).  The more they continue to add wild cards, and take priority away from a 162 game set of data and onto a 5 game set of data, the more cloudy the results get.  This worked to the Phillies advantage in 2008, but has come to bite them in the butt the past two years, when they've clearly been the best team in the league.

Had the Phillies lost 2 1-run games out of a 5 game stretch in May, nobody gives a shit.  But since it's October, it takes a great 102 win team and makes them "overrated". 

Who was a better Cardinal team?  The 105 win team that lost in the WS or the 83 win team that won it ?  I think it's pretty obvious.

As Theo Epstein is famously quoted as saying, the goal of building a team isn't to build the best team in the league, it's to build as many 95 win teams as you can, because the only way to win the lottery is to get as many tickets as possible.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 10:05:46 AM »
(btw, I said this before the Hunter Pence deal, when the Phillies were running away with the best record in baseball, so it isn't whining)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 01:14:19 PM »

What's with the quotes ?  The goal of the MLB playoffs are to generate excitement and revenue (which they're ridiculously good at), not determine the best team in any year (which they're ridiculously bad at).  The more they continue to add wild cards, and take priority away from a 162 game set of data and onto a 5 game set of data, the more cloudy the results get.  This worked to the Phillies advantage in 2008, but has come to bite them in the butt the past two years, when they've clearly been the best team in the league.

Had the Phillies lost 2 1-run games out of a 5 game stretch in May, nobody gives a shit.  But since it's October, it takes a great 102 win team and makes them "overrated". 

Who was a better Cardinal team?  The 105 win team that lost in the WS or the 83 win team that won it ?  I think it's pretty obvious.

As Theo Epstein is famously quoted as saying, the goal of building a team isn't to build the best team in the league, it's to build as many 95 win teams as you can, because the only way to win the lottery is to get as many tickets as possible.
The best of 5 is a joke given the 162 game schedule and only 8 teams in the league making the playoffs.
As is the 2-3-2 World Series format farce that mlbpa accepted.  Work your nutts off all year to have the best record yet in a 2-2 tie the pivotal game 5 is played at their house?  Sternfish pulled that fertilzer in 1985.

That said i still think the Phils choked off at least one series.  Ryan Howard has been ARod Jr. and letting Johny Damon steal uncovered 3b was just unforgiveable.

Wonder if Pujols atones for his slacker move last night?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 01:25:07 AM »
Can i get a clutch hit Cardinal?  1-12 with RISP.  :(

Missouri crew did any of y'all get tickets to Gm 6 or 7?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 05:03:14 PM »
It was too loud so maybe he didn't hear me over the phones or i paused too long to tell him which reliever to get ready/bring in.

Yeah....or maybe Vegas?  ???

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 08:21:43 AM »
Wow what a game 6!

Wolf are you flying in for game 7?

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 08:29:09 PM »
One of the best Series I've ever seen.

Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to go home for six or seven.  That was the original plan, and I took vaca Wed and Thu, but the rainout Wed night changed it.

Still, I think I woke the neighbors during Thu's game six.

Unbelievable run.  Something I'll never forget.
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41