Author Topic: Great NBA Moments?  (Read 3370 times)

Offline Scout200

• View Profile
    • Email
Great NBA Moments?
« on: March 09, 2011, 03:26:41 PM »
What are some great NBA moments? I'll start by mentioning Tracy Mcgrady with 13 points in 35 seconds...
Feel the rush...

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Great NBA Moments?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 07:31:38 PM »
Ill go with ones I remember pretty well, in my life time.

- Kobe's 81 point game, which people mistake as some kind of ball hogging event even though they were down 15 points before he went off.

- The tip out by Vlade/Shaq to a wide open Robert Horry to win that playoff game

- Michael Jordan's hand switching lay up against the Lakers in the finals and his shot against Byron Russell in the finals
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Scout200

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 01:51:36 PM »

- Kobe's 81 point game, which people mistake as some kind of ball hogging event even though they were down 15 points before he went off.

- The tip out by Vlade/Shaq to a wide open Robert Horry to win that playoff game

- Michael Jordan's hand switching lay up against the Lakers in the finals and his shot against Byron Russell in the finals

Nice!! I'd also have to say Noah/Steal coast to coast dunk & 1
Feel the rush...

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 03:50:02 PM »

Horry's shot is near the top of my list as well. 
Along with:

Kobe breaking Pippen's ankles for the alley-oop to Shaq for the dunk vs Portland in game 7 of the 2000 WCF.
Fisher's .4 winning shot vs the Spurs.
Jordan's dunk on Ewing.
Tom Chamber's crazy elevator dunk where he went up for a dunk, ran in to a defender and it made him go even higher.
Spud Webb winning the dunk contest.
AI breaking Jordan's ankles.
Bird stealing the inboud pass from Isiah then dishing to DJ for the win in the 1987 ECF.
Shaq breaking the entire hoop structure in Utah right after Malone said "he wasn't impress" when asked about the rookie from Orlando.

Top moment for me is Magic's baby hook over McHale, Parish, and Bird in game 4 of the 1987 Finals.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 04:02:33 PM »

AI breaking Jordan's ankles.

Also one of my favorites!  If that wasn't a perfect display of "New Vs Old" I don't know what is in the NBA.

I also forgot Reggie Miller DESTROYING the Knicks after Spike Lee called him out.  I could watch that video on youtube over and over!
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 12:16:25 PM »
Lakers coming back from 15 down, game 7, 2000 Western Conference Finals

Robert Horry's shot game 4, 2002 WCF to beat the Kings

Of course Fishers .4 against the Spurs
Dan

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 01:30:26 PM »
I'm not necessarily going with "great" but "memorable."  Some of these are rather painful.

John Stockton records 11 assists and a steal in the fourth quarter to account for all 24 points against San Antonio in a tie game in the 1994 playoffs.

Bobby Jones block of Mark Landsberger's shot in the 1980 finals (Erving's up-and-under game).

Tayshaun Prince's block of Reggie Miller.

Hakeem Olajuwon chasing down and blocking Rod Strickland.

Kevin Johnson dunks on Olajuwon.

Magic Johnson's celebration of his first career win on a Kareem Abdul-Jabbar hook.

Magic Johnson and Jamaal Wilkes have big games in game 6, 1980 Finals.

Rookie Derek Harper runs out the clock in a tie game in the playoffs, allowing the Lakers back into the game.

Dallas drafts Detlef Schrempf, Uwe Blab, and Bill Wennington.  (Turned out to be Schrempf and 14 feet of bum.)  I was excited because I wanted Wennington in Dallas.

M.L. Carr waving the towel on the Boston bench.

Tim Duncan hits a critical big shot to give San An a lead - only to be outdone by Derek Fisher with .4 seconds on the clock.

Run-TMC - Hardaway, Richmond, and Mullin.

The Beef Brothers - McFilthy and McNasty - Jeff Ruland and Rick Mahorn in Washington.

Moses Malone's "Fo', Fo', Fo'" prediction.

Darrell Armstrong and the Orlando Magic that won 41 games and just missed the playoffs on the last day of the season - after the owner apologized to the fans prior to the season.  George Karl's statement about the team:  "They deserved to be in...but not in front of us (Milwaukee Bucks)."

Utah beats the Lakers in the playoffs - after Shaq gives all the Lakers a heart, and puts one on his shoe - "either you use yours, or I use mine."  Jeff Hornacek's comments on the series - "They complain about our illegal screens and we complain about their carrying the ball."

Philly and Boston get the number one and number two picks in the draft.  Philly trades theirs for Roy Hinson and Boston uses theirs on Len Bias - who promptly dies of a cocaine overdose.

College teammates (from North Carolina) Antawn Jamison and Vince Carter are traded for each other.

Charlotte trades Kendall Gill...prompting me to scream immediately how stupid it was...for Hersey Hawkins...prompting me to jump for joy at what a great deal it was.  Two years later, and no longer relevant to me, Charlotte trades Hersey Hawkins for Kendall Gill.

After a strong run to the 1986 Finals, the Houston backcourt is decimated by cocaine-related suspensions, taking out Lewis Lloyd, Mitchell Wiggins, and John Lucas.

Years and an Olympic Gold Medal after being drafted, Arvydas Sabonis joins the Portland TrailBlazers, and is voted the runner-up for Rookie Of The Year to Damon Stoudamire.

Lots of great memories.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!