Author Topic: Difference between games in SA and LA  (Read 3483 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Difference between games in SA and LA
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2004, 01:54:59 PM »
I do so enjoy your take on the refs -- make sure you get those homer glasses cleaned for game 4, okay?
Randy you moron!  Where FLOCK is your check for the "Ref fund c/o The Laser Eye Center"?  We've found out that the Spurs are secretly replacing the Laker glasses with Spurs glasses for games in SA.  The only way to ensure the calls go the "right" way is with laser eye surgery.

Send your check in ASAP!
I'm still laughing at all this discussion, by Spurs fans no less, about "bumping" and I'm still waiting for someone to tell me why they think that the refs are EVER going to call this on the Lakers when they don't call it on Bowen?  Bowen grabs, holds, bumps -- hey, he even looks, at times, like he has been a prison inmate too long and that Kobe has dropped his soap.  I'm REALLY surprised that Spurs fans are crying about physical defense when Bowen is their "defensive stopper."
randy, re-read it, i am not crying about it.  if the refs start calling the bumps on your squad i know it would come back to bite us in sa - expecially on bowen - i would be willing to take that chance, taking out your inside game by driving fouls would be to our advantage in this series, kobe can shoot his 40+ shots, hopefully we could get him tired or he will start missing, its a betting chance randy, and i would rather get shaq and karl in foul trouble and let kobe shoot then try another approach...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Guest_Randy

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2004, 02:01:35 PM »
I do so enjoy your take on the refs -- make sure you get those homer glasses cleaned for game 4, okay?
Randy you moron!  Where FLOCK is your check for the "Ref fund c/o The Laser Eye Center"?  We've found out that the Spurs are secretly replacing the Laker glasses with Spurs glasses for games in SA.  The only way to ensure the calls go the "right" way is with laser eye surgery.

Send your check in ASAP!
I'm still laughing at all this discussion, by Spurs fans no less, about "bumping" and I'm still waiting for someone to tell me why they think that the refs are EVER going to call this on the Lakers when they don't call it on Bowen?  Bowen grabs, holds, bumps -- hey, he even looks, at times, like he has been a prison inmate too long and that Kobe has dropped his soap.  I'm REALLY surprised that Spurs fans are crying about physical defense when Bowen is their "defensive stopper."
randy, re-read it, i am not crying about it.  if the refs start calling the bumps on your squad i know it would come back to bite us in sa - expecially on bowen - i would be willing to take that chance, taking out your inside game by driving fouls would be to our advantage in this series, kobe can shoot his 40+ shots, hopefully we could get him tired or he will start missing, its a betting chance randy, and i would rather get shaq and karl in foul trouble and let kobe shoot then try another approach...
While the Lakers shot more ft's, it was pretty obvious the Lakers were in control of the game.  I could say the same thing about SA over Memphis -- they shot more ft's but Memphis wasn't even in most of those games.

And while I do believe the refs leaned to the Spurs side at home (just like they switched sides in LaLa land), I never stated and don't believe it was the reason why the Lakers lost in games one and two.  The Spurs defense completely took the Lakers out of their offense and the Lakers defense couldn't stop the pick-and-roll.  

Yesterday, was exactly the opposite -- the Lakers defense took the Spurs out of their offense and designed some plays to pick apart the weaknesses of the Spurs defensive strategy -- even TD stated that.  

I would like to see the refs let them play ball.  IF the Lakers continue to play as a team, I think they have a GREAT shot at winning this series.  IF the Spurs can get them to play as individuals, then the Spurs have it all wrapped up.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2004, 02:18:42 PM »
If it gets called that tightly what are the Spurs going to do without Tim Duncan?  TD has been getting away with more fouls at the basket than all the Spurs combined.  He's been hitting Shaq at the rim alot.  Take TD away from the Spurs and Shaq away from the Lakers and I like our chances.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2004, 03:15:54 PM »
If it gets called that tightly what are the Spurs going to do without Tim Duncan?  TD has been getting away with more fouls at the basket than all the Spurs combined.  He's been hitting Shaq at the rim alot.  Take TD away from the Spurs and Shaq away from the Lakers and I like our chances.
You feel that way because you are a Laker fan.  In return I would say that Malone wouldn't last 10 minutes guarding Duncan.  Karl starts off with a solid hit when Duncan receives the ball and doesn't stop hitting & slapping until Duncan gives up the ball.

Lakers fans will see all the missed/bad calls that favor the Spurs.

Spurs fans will see all the missed/bad calls that favor the Lakers.

In the end, unless the officials pull a Nugget victory out for the Lakers, the officiating has been fair.  Both sides feel they are not getting a fair shake, the physical style seems to be revved up this year, and there seems to almost be a "no blood, no foul" approach by the league.  However both teams are playing under the same conditions.....and as fans all we can hope for is consistancy during the game on both ends of the court.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2004, 09:58:01 AM »
In the end, unless the officials pull a Nugget victory out for the Lakers, the officiating has been fair.  Both sides feel they are not getting a fair shake, the physical style seems to be revved up this year, and there seems to almost be a "no blood, no foul" approach by the league.  However both teams are playing under the same conditions.....and as fans all we can hope for is consistancy during the game on both ends of the court.
If both sides are complaning about calls then its even right :lol:

I dont think the fans of either team can say that any of the games have been decided by the refs.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Guest_Randy

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2004, 10:33:41 AM »
In the end, unless the officials pull a Nugget victory out for the Lakers, the officiating has been fair.  Both sides feel they are not getting a fair shake, the physical style seems to be revved up this year, and there seems to almost be a "no blood, no foul" approach by the league.  However both teams are playing under the same conditions.....and as fans all we can hope for is consistancy during the game on both ends of the court.
If both sides are complaning about calls then its even right :lol:

I dont think the fans of either team can say that any of the games have been decided by the refs.
That's exactly right -- the Spurs were clearly in charge of game 1 and 2 even with the "home cooking" -- the Lakers were clearly in charge of game 3 with, I'm sure, what Spurs fans would call "home cooking as well.  The one thing is clear -- there isn't any doubt who was the better team in ANY of the games to date in this series.  I think we are going to see some closer games as the chess match goes further.