Author Topic: Duncan is to defense what Shaq is to offense  (Read 1323 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Duncan is to defense what Shaq is to offense
« on: May 09, 2004, 09:53:39 PM »
Agree or disagree?  Duncan is to defense what Shaq is to offense.  Just the mere presence of Duncan on the defensive end makes every single player's job that much easier.  Much like Shaq makes everything so much easier for his teammates on the offensive end.  Both dont even need to do very much on those ends of the floor but just having them out there completly changes the game.  IMO he is the most dominate defensive player in the past 5 or so years.  Ron Artest, Bruce Bowen, and Doug Christie are great defenders but they do not dominate the defensive end night in and night out.  Also because those guys are mainly perimeter defenders they do not act as a safety net for the rest of the team.  How many players can you honestly say will turn any team single handly into a good defensive team just by being in the lineup?

Id say Shaq is the same way on defense except he too does not dominate games on that end night after night.  He also has a few holes in his d...like pick and roll defense for example.  TD has no holes in his defensive game.  The only person who he cannot guard effectively is Shaq.....and that is because Duncan is not big or strong enough.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2004, 09:59:16 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 10:02:25 PM »
LOL, too bad we did not play any defense tonight..  :D  

its me, SPURSX3

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2004, 10:03:08 PM »
LOL, too bad we did not play any defense tonight..  :D
sorr too lazy to log in........

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2004, 10:35:34 PM »
I agree except to say up until 2001 it was Deke that dominated a game defensively.  Since then, it's been TD and B. Wallace.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2004, 10:10:58 AM »
I agree except to say up until 2001 it was Deke that dominated a game defensively.  Since then, it's been TD and B. Wallace.
I agree except I never thought Deke's one on one defense was something to talk about.  TD on the other hand plays very good team and one on one defense.  Plus id go as far to say that TD is a MUCH better rebounder on the offensive and defensive end then Deke was.

I can't believe I forgot about Ben Wallace.  He should have also been mentioned because much like TD he changes the whole entire game on that end of the floor.  One player really does rub off on the rest of the team.......just look at SA and Detroit's defense since those two have been inserted into the lineup.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com