Author Topic: Props to Tony and the zebra's  (Read 9577 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Props to Tony and the zebra's
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2004, 11:08:41 PM »
I thought I made it clear to you two that I ignore any facts that differ from my bias and do selective quoting to support my point of view. Twisting facts, making blanket statements, lecturing on class - - these are my strengths!!!.

And all I was really building up to was to show how sorry I feel for you Laker fans by honoring you all with recognizable one-sided commentary 

Can't we all just ignore the facts and twist around what everybody else says to suit the agendas we have for our own teams?
We might as well all change our user names to RealitMaL then.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2004, 11:09:27 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2004, 10:20:00 AM »
but Reality, it's one thing to be a bandwagoneer, it's another thing to be a total idiotic jerk who states one thing (i.e. Lakers 28 ft advantage = be given the game by the league) and then rejects the same when it happens to their team (i.e. Spurs 28 ft advantage = deserved win).  It's the reason why I can't respect you as a fan and your comments previously here are causing me to lose respect for you as a poster and a person.  I would suggest that you TRY to at least RESPECT the other team and it's fans.
Randoph,

No doubt in the depth of dissapointment last night you spoke harshly to me.  Anticipating a night of joyful glee and a 1-1 series you envisioned a return to glory by your Purple and Golden boys.

You're misquoting as usual.  But then again Jomal has nailed you and Weakoasts OP perfectly.  I need to point out something to you.

The Spurs have never shot 28 FTs in a 4th qtr.  Neither have the Kings.  Nor the Blazers.  Suns.  Sonics.  Indy Pacers.  76ers.  In fact an NBA opponent of the Lakers has never shot 28 fts in a 4th qtr.  Or any other qtr.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2004, 10:21:12 AM by Reality »

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2004, 11:57:51 AM »
Can't we all just ignore the facts and twist around what everybody else says to suit the agendas we have for our own teams?
Only if your last name is Maloof or Webber.
Apparently, that isn't true, "Phil".
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2004, 12:04:00 PM »
but Reality, it's one thing to be a bandwagoneer, it's another thing to be a total idiotic jerk who states one thing (i.e. Lakers 28 ft advantage = be given the game by the league) and then rejects the same when it happens to their team (i.e. Spurs 28 ft advantage = deserved win).  It's the reason why I can't respect you as a fan and your comments previously here are causing me to lose respect for you as a poster and a person.  I would suggest that you TRY to at least RESPECT the other team and it's fans.
Randoph,

No doubt in the depth of dissapointment last night you spoke harshly to me.  Anticipating a night of joyful glee and a 1-1 series you envisioned a return to glory by your Purple and Golden boys.

You're misquoting as usual.  But then again Jomal has nailed you and Weakoasts OP perfectly.  I need to point out something to you.

The Spurs have never shot 28 FTs in a 4th qtr.  Neither have the Kings.  Nor the Blazers.  Suns.  Sonics.  Indy Pacers.  76ers.  In fact an NBA opponent of the Lakers has never shot 28 fts in a 4th qtr.  Or any other qtr.
But Reality, to their credit, they recognize hypocrisy quite well.  Even my subtle attempt at, well, subtlety in using hypocrisy did not escape their keen eyes. They should be praised for being so observant and filtering out all the nonessentials by going straight to the meaty meat of the meaning instead of the suggestive topic as presented.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Guest_Randy

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2004, 12:11:51 PM »
Randoph,

Lol -- who is misquoting?  You STILL are an idiot who can't read -- no, I wasn't harsh because of a loss, I'm just getting REALLY tired of your hypocrisy.

IF a team wins because of the refs, I would say a 28 ft advantage would do it, isn't that your point?  You fail to mention how many freethrows that the Kings were ahead in the previous 3 quarters (because you love to twist facts to assert your own pathetic hatred for the Lakers) and then when I state that you can't have it BOTH ways -- you can't say the Lakers win because of a 28 ft advantage and then not say the same thing about the Spurs, then you come back and state that it has to have been in one quarter.  A 28 ft advantage is suspect, isn't it?

However, two things that you will NEVER come out of your mouth:  1) the Lakers DESERVED a win and 2) the Spurs won by help from the refs.  

Just be careful jumping from bandwagon to bandwagon -- and don't tell your insurance company you are doing it, they will stop coverage on you.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2004, 05:09:38 PM »
You fail to mention how many freethrows that the Kings were ahead in the previous 3 quarters (because you love to twist facts to assert your own pathetic hatred for the Lakers) and then when I state that you can't have it BOTH ways -- you can't say the Lakers win because of a 28 ft advantage and then not say the same thing about the Spurs, then you come back and state that it has to have been in one quarter.  A 28 ft advantage is suspect, isn't it?

You reptile.  Facts.  

Thru 3 qtrs Kings 16 FTAs.  Lakers 12.

Lakers 14-of-16 foul shots in the final three minutes

O'Neal scored 12 points in a tense fourth quarter, including a nifty reverse layup with 52 seconds left -- his team's first basket in nearly six minutes -- that gave Los Angeles a 101-98 lead.

Game 40 FTs Lakers vs 28 Kings
« Last Edit: May 07, 2004, 05:10:45 PM by Reality »

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2004, 05:26:17 PM »
You fail to mention how many freethrows that the Kings were ahead in the previous 3 quarters (because you love to twist facts to assert your own pathetic hatred for the Lakers) and then when I state that you can't have it BOTH ways -- you can't say the Lakers win because of a 28 ft advantage and then not say the same thing about the Spurs, then you come back and state that it has to have been in one quarter.  A 28 ft advantage is suspect, isn't it?

You reptile.  Facts.  

Thru 3 qtrs Kings 16 FTAs.  Lakers 12.

Lakers 14-of-16 foul shots in the final three minutes

O'Neal scored 12 points in a tense fourth quarter, including a nifty reverse layup with 52 seconds left -- his team's first basket in nearly six minutes -- that gave Los Angeles a 101-98 lead.

Oh, no -- you mean the Lakers got 12 more ft's in a game?  Hmm, I'm sure no one has EVER thought about the Hack-a-Shaq, have they?  17 of the 40 ft's were shot by Shaq -- and yeah, the Kings thought that they could employ the Hack-a-Shaq and Shaq hit 13 of the 17.  And you get a lot of freethrow shots when you starting hacking on Shaq in the final moments.

As for this series, why you completely overlook the fact that in game 3, the Kings shot 20 MORE ft's than than the Lakers?  Oh, it's because nobody ever touches Shaq -- or maybe because Kobe never takes the ball to the hoop.  The problem is that you can only see it from one direction -- never from two.  

And remember this -- Spurs -- TWENTY-EIGHT more FT's than the Grizz in a game!  When is the last time the Lakers got 28 more ft's in a playoff game than their opponent.  Even in this loss, the Lakers only got 15 more ft's -- sounds like conspiracy to me, huh?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2004, 05:27:35 PM »
So the Lakers shot 12 MORE FT's than the Kings?  You're right Reality, that is BS and outrageous.

Game 2, Spurs shot 30 FT's, Lakers shot 18.   YOU DO THE MATH!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2004, 06:29:22 PM »
So the Lakers shot 12 MORE FT's than the Kings?  You're right Reality, that is BS and outrageous.

Game 2, Spurs shot 30 FT's, Lakers shot 18.   YOU DO THE MATH!
Game 3:

Kings   - 35 ft's
Lakers - 15 ft's

But as Reality points out, it only is bogus when it's in the Lakers favor -- not in the Kings, not in the Spurs favor, just in the Lakers favor.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2004, 06:39:55 PM »
God only knows what room you two are in now and what positions also.

But your fruiteaming up on me is standard Krishna operation and I've had years of it.

It wasn't Hack a Shrak by any means.  WOW at the time and since commented on how bogus the 28 FTAs were, altho he quickily diverted attention from that by some Laker Math about how the Kings got ONE shot in both games 2 and 5 that therefore evens it all out or even burned the Lakers out of 2 games. :(  :wacko:

Anywho i know you two, along with all Krishnas are in a very fragile state right now.  So I'm going to depart.  See you Sunday?  Where that game, along with the second game in LA will be totally even on the reffing calls?  Like it was in SA where the Spurs lead 75% of the time and got allegedly Home Cookin?  (Thanks Lurker)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2004, 06:52:05 PM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2004, 06:54:29 PM »

Anywho i know you two, along with all Krishnas are in a very fragile state right now.
That's what happens when you stick to one team for a long period of time.  There are times when they loose and you have to deal with that.

Ahh the life of a front runner must be so grand.....
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2004, 07:27:09 PM »
It wasn't Hack a Shrak by any means. WOW at the time and since commented on how bogus the 28 FTAs were, altho he quickily diverted attention from that by some Laker Math about how the Kings got ONE shot in both games 2 and 5 that therefore evens it all out or even burned the Lakers out of 2 games.

ONE shot?  Umm, since your math is obviously REALLY bad, let's try it this way:

Freethrows by game:
Game 1:  Lakers 22 to Kings 17 -- Lakers 5 more ft's

Game 2:  Lakers 25 to Kings 38 -- Kings 13 more ft's

Game 3:  Lakers 15 to Kings 35 -- Kings 20 more ft's

Game 4:  Lakers 27 to Kings 26 -- Lakers 1 more ft's

Game 5:  Lakers 23 to Kings 33 -- Kings 20 more ft's

Game 6:  Lakers 40 to Kings 25 -- Lakers 15 more ft's

Game 7:  Lakers 33 to Kings 30 -- Lakers 3 more ft's

Freethrows for the entire playoff series:

Lakers = 185 freethrows

Kings = 204 freethrows

So, let's see, by YOUR math reality -- this is what happens:

Game 1:  Lakers win -- wasn't decided by refs (5 ft discrepancy)

Game 2:  Kings win -- obviously decided by refs (13 ft advantage)

Game 3:  Kings win -- obviously decided by refs (20 ft advantage)

Game 4:  Lakers win -- wasn't decided by refs (1 ft discrepancy)

Game 5:  Kings win -- obviously decided by refs (10 ft advantage)

Game 6:  Lakers win -- obviously decided by refs (15 ft advantage)

Game 7:  Lakers win -- wasn't decided by refs (3 ft discrepancy)

It looks like more games were awarded to the Kings, according to your way of figuring games than were awarded to the Lakers.  Hmmm.

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2004, 07:32:00 PM »
God only knows what room you two are in now and what positions also.

But your fruiteaming up on me is standard Krishna operation and I've had years of it.

It wasn't Hack a Shrak by any means.  WOW at the time and since commented on how bogus the 28 FTAs were, altho he quickily diverted attention from that by some Laker Math about how the Kings got ONE shot in both games 2 and 5 that therefore evens it all out or even burned the Lakers out of 2 games. :(  :wacko:

Anywho i know you two, along with all Krishnas are in a very fragile state right now.  So I'm going to depart.  See you Sunday?  Where that game, along with the second game in LA will be totally even on the reffing calls?  Like it was in SA where the Spurs lead 75% of the time and got allegedly Home Cookin?  (Thanks Lurker)
Have I forgotten to thank you for being here, Reality?  Every board needs a village idiot!

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2004, 08:01:46 PM »
Randy, in the future, I would appreciate it if you didn't insult village idiots. I am quite sure X3 ( ;) ) didn't like that comparison at all. After all, even village idiots have their standards.
Dan

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2004, 09:24:35 PM »
Punk arse beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyatch!

FYI, you've been served!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"