Author Topic: How did the NBA guys look at FIBA?  (Read 7678 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
How did the NBA guys look at FIBA?
« on: September 12, 2010, 08:26:21 PM »
The noobs.

Ricky Rubio.  I saw nothing but the stats do not look impressive at all.  Still his team did okay, so maybe a lot of what he does is not in the stat sheet.  Still plenty of room for growth, still very young can only get better.  Who saw him?

Splitter.  Not overwhelming by any means.  Lewie Scoldog continues to be a major mistake the Spurs passed on.  However head to head it was Oberto vs Splitter, not Scoldog racking up all those points on Splitter.

I dont know which other players are NBA bound, must be several more.

The vets.  Durant owned and looks like he will continue to be what many consider the NBAs second best player after LeBron.  Some think he will pass LeBron in the future.  I say calm down.  He might, but not anytime soon.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: How did the NBA guys look at FIBA?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 11:18:34 AM »
Durant owned and looks like he will continue to be what many consider the NBAs second best player after LeBron. 
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 01:25:30 PM »

Your meaningful post streak continues.....

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 02:08:26 PM »

Your meaningful post streak continues.....

I've got a really long way to catch the all time leader.....you  :D

You purposely put in that stupid comment, I laughed at it, what more do you want?  I don't take anything you say or do seriously so don't expect serious responses from me.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 02:17:40 PM »

You purposely put in that stupid comment, I laughed at it, what more do you want?  I don't take anything you say or do seriously so don't expect serious responses from me.
Oh Burqua Boi being bailed out by Gasol -again- in the form of a rather lucky rebound off a yet another missed *clutch* shot is the only thing saving you from Game 7 vs Durant.
Durant with a much less talented team.  So STFU.

As to you having any meaningful comments about Rubio and Splitter, meh obviously not.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 02:50:20 PM »

Oh Burqua Boi being bailed out by Gasol -again- in the form of a rather lucky rebound off a yet another missed *clutch* shot is the only thing saving you from Game 7 vs Durant.
Durant with a much less talented team.  So STFU.

As to you having any meaningful comments about Rubio and Splitter, meh obviously not.

LOL!

So your response to me is a 'What If' scenario involving the Lakers and Thunder?  That is suppose to be your concrete evidence that Durant is better than Kobe?     Again, I don't take anything you say seriously so don't expect serious responses from me.  And for the record, you shouldn't be lecturing people on providing meaningful conversation around here given your posting track record.  It's silly for you to play this card.

As for adding meaningful comments about Rubio and Splitter.  I see you left Laker Lamar Odom out of the conversation who was key to them winning the championship behind Durant.  If we can pick and choose who we talk about why would I talk about a guy who is not even coming to the NBA any time soon?  I don't care about foreign basketball all that much.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 02:53:10 PM by westkoast »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 03:14:32 PM »
Reality
The noobs.
Got it B-Rad?  The noobs.
Lamar Kardashian is not a noob.
I could go on about Durant being better then Kobeme, but that is not what this thread is for.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 03:33:28 PM »
Reality
The noobs.
Got it B-Rad?  The noobs.
Lamar Kardashian is not a noob.
I could go on about Durant being better then Kobeme, but that is not what this thread is for.

Your meaningful posting streak continues......

Btw, Durant isnt a noob.  I believe you called him a "Vet" so again, why isn't you couldn't bring up Lamar Odom?  That's right.  He's a Laker.  Continue on. 

The vets.  Durant owned and looks like he will continue to be what many consider the NBAs second best player after LeBron.  Some think he will pass LeBron in the future.  I say calm down.  He might, but not anytime soon.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 03:35:12 PM by westkoast »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 04:19:35 PM »
Doesn't WOW have some laundry for you to do?

Lamar Kardashian sucked.  There ya go.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 06:28:17 PM »
Doesn't WOW have some laundry for you to do?

Lamar Kardashian sucked.  There ya go.

I think you should worry about the laundry and chores your wife left you before she returns home from work more than anything else.

Lamar had 15 points and 11 rebounds, he opened up the 4th quarter pumping in points that pretty much kept Turkey from getting back into the game at the end.  Hardly what anyone would call sucking but hay, keep proving my point for me.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 06:53:45 PM »
Lamar had 15 points and 11 rebounds, he opened up the 4th quarter pumping in points that pretty much kept Turkey from getting back into the game at the end.  Hardly what anyone would call sucking but hay, keep proving my point for me.

westkoast
I don't care about foreign basketball all that much.

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 10:19:10 AM »
Thought about commenting on this thread when it first opened.  Then I realized it was another thinly-veiled shot by Reality across the bows of Kobe Bryant fans.

You got what you asked for, Reality.  My question is, "Why'd you want it?"

Most of us who were Bryant critics were willing to concede his talent, but just not believe that he was the golden boy they sold him as.  Then came the rape accusation, and at that point, most of us were satisfied with our correctness of what we thought of him.  But, apparently, that's not enough for you.  I'm asking WHY?

Bryant's an uber-talented, over-indulged, self-important scumbag.  I don't have a problem admitting the "uber-talented" part, because he's still an over-indulged, self-important scumbag.  All of his dad's attitude, but with talent and success that makes some think the attitude is justified.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 10:52:48 AM »
Not a word on this.
The noobs.

Ricky Rubio.  I saw nothing but the stats do not look impressive at all.  Still his team did okay, so maybe a lot of what he does is not in the stat sheet.  Still plenty of room for growth, still very young can only get better.  Who saw him?

Splitter.  Not overwhelming by any means.  Lewie Scoldog continues to be a major mistake the Spurs passed on.  However head to head it was Oberto vs Splitter, not Scoldog racking up all those points on Splitter.

I dont know which other players are NBA bound, must be several more.
I'm asking why?

As to Durant, he just shined at the FIBAs and is #2 to many a legit basketball observer.  Read more into that if you too must.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2010, 11:13:24 AM »
Reality,

Lamar Odom is not a foreign basketball player.  He is an American player.

Rubio does not play in the NBA.  Spitter I know is your latest SuperFabs but he has not played in the NBA yet and is Euro.  I don't really care about foreign basketball all that much.  Rubio has no immediate plans to play in the NBA so I have no reason to follow him.  When Splitter finally makes it to the NBA and plays more than 3 minutes a game, I might care.  At the moment, I really don't.  I am not looking for the next obscure foreign player to jock ride like you.

Simply put your little reply to me 2 posts above is not a retort nor is it proving im saying two different things.  You are just an idiot.

As to Durant, he just shined at the FIBAs and is #2 to many a legit basketball observer.  Read more into that if you too must.

This is pure bs but at least the real point of this thread has been exposed.  The 'many a legit basketball observer' must be you and your wife.  There is hardly anyone out there who thinks Durant is better than Kobe Bryant right now who watches basketball.  Better person or personality?  Sure.  Not a better basketball player, sorry.  That is you making up bs again and then citing some 'random' source to back up a point you only seem to have.

Kobe straps Team USA to his back for the gold in the cfinal game and barely a line.  Durant plays well in FIBA and hes surpassed everyone not named Lebron James LOL!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 11:21:15 AM by westkoast »

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2010, 07:38:50 PM »
This board is unreadable at times