Author Topic: Dalembert gets his wish  (Read 3830 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Dalembert gets his wish
« on: June 17, 2010, 05:46:52 PM »
Samuel Dalembert just get traded from the Sixers to the Kings for Spencer Hawes and Andres Nocioni. May be just to rent him for a year, as he is in the last year of his contract.

He should help a bit more then Hawes at center. Hawes is a good player, but not very tough and a bit light for paint work. Also, and this is kind of important, Dalembert is not likely to start hefting 3-pointers when maybe you need your center under the basket.

Nocioni wanted the Kings to trade him, so he was going somewhere. He adds toughness for the Sixers, but he is behind two other SF at Philadelphia, so I wonder what the will be doing about that. 
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Dalembert gets his wish
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 05:50:45 PM »
I'm also hearing Hedo wants to come back to Sac-Town because that is the only place he feels at home at.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 05:56:47 PM »
I'm also hearing Hedo wants to come back to Sac-Town because that is the only place he feels at home at.

Less likely to happen, but then, Petrie is really good at keeping his moves close to the chess before pulling the trigger.

Wonder how the Kings are going to draft now. My guess is they will still take the best big man out there at five, but the Dalembert trade certainly alllows them to consider a wider field now. 
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 06:17:49 PM »

Less likely to happen, but then, Petrie is really good at keeping his moves close to the chess before pulling the trigger.

Wonder how the Kings are going to draft now. My guess is they will still take the best big man out there at five, but the Dalembert trade certainly alllows them to consider a wider field now. 

Very doubtful based on the size of his contract and what the Kings could offer up.  I just thought it was good to see that a small market team can still attract players based on relationships and attitudes as oppose to fame and big time endorsements.  Hedo could actually make more money in Canada than he could in the US.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 06:52:14 PM »

Very doubtful based on the size of his contract and what the Kings could offer up.  I just thought it was good to see that a small market team can still attract players based on relationships and attitudes as oppose to fame and big time endorsements.  Hedo could actually make more money in Canada than he could in the US.

He was happy when he was here, playing basketball.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 12:42:18 PM »
Good riddance to an overpaid back-up Center.  I do think he's better than Hawes, but that's not saying much.

Dalembert was in the way of the Sixers getting better, their lack of an inside post game was due to Sam's own limited abilities.

It's good for Phila. to be rid of him, but I'm not sure where Nocioni fits in.  I suspect the Sixers will draft another Center or acquire one through a trade. Collins isn't going through the season depending on Hawes, Smith or Speights to control the middle.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 12:47:13 PM »
Good riddance to an overpaid back-up Center.  I do think he's better than Hawes, but that's not saying much.

Dalembert was in the way of the Sixers getting better, their lack of an inside post game was due to Sam's own limited abilities.

It's good for Phila. to be rid of him, but I'm not sure where Nocioni fits in.  I suspect the Sixers will draft another Center or acquire one through a trade. Collins isn't going through the season depending on Hawes, Smith or Speights to control the middle.

Agreed. Dalembert would be judged differently ability-wise if he had a more reasonable contract. But it is only for one year.