Author Topic: What do you guys make of the changes in Cleveland? Coach fired now GM resigns.  (Read 6616 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
^^ meh they might beat them but the way the 2010 Cav support team looked vs Boston, it wouldn't be by much.

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
They're not going to play against the Laker scrub team the way they played against Boston.  And why?  Because Boston is a GOOD defensive team.

The Cavaliers beat the heck out of that Laker scrub team.  The only real threat there is Odom, and Odom versus Jamison is pretty close to a wash.

And let's face it - in Cleveland terms, we're really talking about one horrific game - Game 5.  Cleveland's a lot closer to titling that folks give them credit for.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67031/20100605/wesley_claims_lebron_leaning_strongly_toward_bulls/

Meanwhile, it was reportedly made clear by James' inner circle that he wanted both Mike Brown and Danny Ferry to be removed from their positions with the Cavaliers.

"LeBron never had to come out and say that he wanted Brown and Ferry gone," said a team executive familiar with the dynamic in Cleveland's front office. "But the anti-Brown and anti-Ferry sentiment from LeBron's crowd was loud and clear to Dan Gilbert. He knew where LeBron stood."

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67031/20100605/wesley_claims_lebron_leaning_strongly_toward_bulls/#ixzz0q6SJsCZY

(It also mentions that a source has said he is leaning towards Chicago)

This has the potential to be hands down the greatest off-season in NBA history.  The specualation around what LeBron might do has really come close to dominating the playoffs, in fact LeBron has created more "drama" since he was ousted from the playoffs than when he was actually playing in them.

While I can understand why they would fire the coach, I don't know what Ferry could have done to help the Cavs more.  Does anybody know of any moves that Ferry missed or outright blew?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
They're not going to play against the Laker scrub team the way they played against Boston.  And why?  Because Boston is a GOOD defensive team.

The Cavaliers beat the heck out of that Laker scrub team.  The only real threat there is Odom, and Odom versus Jamison is pretty close to a wash.

And let's face it - in Cleveland terms, we're really talking about one horrific game - Game 5.  Cleveland's a lot closer to titling that folks give them credit for.

I think it was over blown as well just for the simple fact all the "experts" picked the Cavs to make short work of the Celtics.

As far as a 7 game series between the Lakers and Cavs, I don't think the match ups favor them at any position except for SF due to Lebron.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email

Completely disagree.  A team of Kwame Brown, Rony Turiaf, Lamar Odom, Luke Walton, Vladimir Radmanovic, Maurice Evans, Jordan Farmar, Sasha Vujacic, and Smush Parker gets *DESTROYED* by O'Neal, Ilgauskus, Varajeo, Powe, Jamison, Anthony Parker, West, Gibson, and Williams.  In fact, I can't see how you can even make this kind of claim.  Don't just switch LeBron and Kobe - REMOVE THEM COMPLETELY.  Cleveland's supporting cast is MUCH stronger.  And the 2005 team didn't have some of these guys, but in addition had a brand new coach in Rudy T., who didn't even last throughout the year.
Indeed, the current squads REMOVE THEM COMPLETELY.
Current (well 2009-10) Cavs get *DESTROYED* by current Laker frontline and lineup along with Phil J vs Mike "Popavich" Brown.
Gasol, SuperByns and Odom vs aging Snaq, Z, Jamison and Vajlleho?

Offline Joe Vancil

• View Profile
    • Email

I think it was over blown as well just for the simple fact all the "experts" picked the Cavs to make short work of the Celtics.

As far as a 7 game series between the Lakers and Cavs, I don't think the match ups favor them at any position except for SF due to Lebron.

Disagree.  I think Cleveland also wins the battle at the point guard spot and at the center spot (as long as Bynum is in).  And I think it's a good series.
Joe

-----------

Offline Joe Vancil

• View Profile
    • Email

Completely disagree.  A team of Kwame Brown, Rony Turiaf, Lamar Odom, Luke Walton, Vladimir Radmanovic, Maurice Evans, Jordan Farmar, Sasha Vujacic, and Smush Parker gets *DESTROYED* by O'Neal, Ilgauskus, Varajeo, Powe, Jamison, Anthony Parker, West, Gibson, and Williams.  In fact, I can't see how you can even make this kind of claim.  Don't just switch LeBron and Kobe - REMOVE THEM COMPLETELY.  Cleveland's supporting cast is MUCH stronger.  And the 2005 team didn't have some of these guys, but in addition had a brand new coach in Rudy T., who didn't even last throughout the year.
Indeed, the current squads REMOVE THEM COMPLETELY.
Current (well 2009-10) Cavs get *DESTROYED* by current Laker frontline and lineup along with Phil J vs Mike "Popavich" Brown.
Gasol, SuperByns and Odom vs aging Snaq, Z, Jamison and Vajlleho?

If you remove both Bryant and James from the current squads completely, I honestly don't know.  I think Gasol is the best player, but *AFTER* Gasol, I give the advantage to Cleveland;  I have O'Neal, Williams, and Jamison better than either Artest or Odom.  Everyone on here (outside of Skander and me, that is) doesn't believe Gasol is good enough to be the best player on a team - or so was said in trying to justify the Memphis deal.  Is Gasol enough to carry the Lakers to victory?  Maybe.  Very possibly, in fact.  However, the Cleveland team is, in my opinion, much deeper than the Lakers, and especially in the Bryant-less Laker backcourt.

Here's a real question:  who is MORE IMPORTANT to their team - James or Bryant?  My thought is that it's James, but that's because I rank Gasol a whole lot higher than most do.
Joe

-----------

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
If you remove both Bryant and James from the current squads completely, I honestly don't know.  I think Gasol is the best player, but *AFTER* Gasol, I give the advantage to Cleveland;  I have O'Neal, Williams, and Jamison better than either Artest or Odom.  Everyone on here (outside of Skander and me, that is) doesn't believe Gasol is good enough to be the best player on a team - or so was said in trying to justify the Memphis deal.  Is Gasol enough to carry the Lakers to victory?  Maybe.  Very possibly, in fact.  However, the Cleveland team is, in my opinion, much deeper than the Lakers, and especially in the Bryant-less Laker backcourt.

Here's a real question:  who is MORE IMPORTANT to their team - James or Bryant?  My thought is that it's James, but that's because I rank Gasol a whole lot higher than most do.

Wow, you got sucked in to the moron vortex as well Joe?

This board keeps getting harder and harder to visit because the schtick has become so borring and yet it gets injected in to every thread no matter how off the subject you try to make it.  Not really worth the effort anymore.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"