Author Topic: 60 minutes on the BP oil spill  (Read 2388 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
60 minutes on the BP oil spill
« on: May 17, 2010, 09:39:06 PM »
Excellently done.
anyone catch this?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 60 minutes on the BP oil spill
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 03:28:17 PM »
We've all known this guy is a retard but is this quote true?!!

Rush limbaugh, Oil spill as natural as water, will clean itself up... Probably caused by a liberal enviromental oil rig worker.
Pundit Rush Limbaugh, who has a home on Florida's Palm Beach, suggested that the explosion could have resulted from Earth Day eco-sabotage by one of the rig workers. Limbaugh also said a cleanup was unnecessary.

"The ocean will take care of this on its own if it was left alone and left out there," Limbaugh said. "It's natural. It's as natural as the ocean water is." ;D

http://joulesbeef.newsvine.com/_news/2010/05/02/4233019-rush-limbaugh-oil-spill-as-natural-as-water-will-clean-itself-up-probably-caused-by-a-liberal-enviromental-oil-rig-worker

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 10:04:15 AM »
We've all known this guy is a retard but is this quote true?!!

Rush limbaugh, Oil spill as natural as water, will clean itself up... Probably caused by a liberal enviromental oil rig worker.
Pundit Rush Limbaugh, who has a home on Florida's Palm Beach, suggested that the explosion could have resulted from Earth Day eco-sabotage by one of the rig workers. Limbaugh also said a cleanup was unnecessary.

"The ocean will take care of this on its own if it was left alone and left out there," Limbaugh said. "It's natural. It's as natural as the ocean water is." ;D

http://joulesbeef.newsvine.com/_news/2010/05/02/4233019-rush-limbaugh-oil-spill-as-natural-as-water-will-clean-itself-up-probably-caused-by-a-liberal-enviromental-oil-rig-worker

I don't know if the quote is dead on word for word but he and others on the right have been saying similar things.  Another guy kept asking where the oil was because he couldn't see it on the beach and said that the ocean would just absorb it so there are no worries.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 12:24:57 PM »
Sure it's no big deal. No problem at call that crude oil is contaminating the Gulf coast... Rush is an idiot. We still don't know what the effects will be, but I can guarantee you that they won't be good.

What is clear is that everyone was asleep on the potential for disaster. The politicians allowed and supported off-shore drilling and the oil companies were happy to take the risk as they saw it at the time. I wonder how many other rigs are in 5,000 feet of water that could cause the same problem as this.

The other thing that is pissing me off is that a lot of people are framing the as Obama's Katrina.   Well, it is a disaster and he is in charge, but he is totally dependent on other people to do the containment and clean-up.  When these problems occur it is a challenge to America and out ability to deal with them.

What kind of environmental whacko would commit suicide by blowing up an oil rig?  Because of the principal of free speech I support Rush's right to say what he wants, but only because I would hope that other people's sensibilities would allow them to see how stupid Rush actually is. 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 12:48:27 PM »
Sure it's no big deal. No problem at call that crude oil is contaminating the Gulf coast... Rush is an idiot. We still don't know what the effects will be, but I can guarantee you that they won't be good.

What is clear is that everyone was asleep on the potential for disaster. The politicians allowed and supported off-shore drilling and the oil companies were happy to take the risk as they saw it at the time. I wonder how many other rigs are in 5,000 feet of water that could cause the same problem as this.

The other thing that is pissing me off is that a lot of people are framing the as Obama's Katrina.   Well, it is a disaster and he is in charge, but he is totally dependent on other people to do the containment and clean-up.  When these problems occur it is a challenge to America and out ability to deal with them.

What kind of environmental whacko would commit suicide by blowing up an oil rig?  Because of the principal of free speech I support Rush's right to say what he wants, but only because I would hope that other people's sensibilities would allow them to see how stupid Rush actually is. 

What I didn't get about the 'Obama's Katrina' comment is the fact that no time had passed before they started saying it.  The reason Katrina was so bad for Bush and the US government was how poor a job they did AFTER the disaster took place.  The situation is not even the same as the government would not be in charge of fixing the problem, BP and Haliburton would.  In the event of a natural disaster like a huricane the US Government would be in charge of helping/protecting its people inside of our boarders.

By the way the rig wasn't blown up, they found oil and tried to cap the reserve so they could pump it at another time.  One would assume when the price of oil was to go up.  Both companies messed up the caping of the well and that is what started the mess.  When I think of a 'liberal environmentalist'  I think tofu eating hippy from San Fransisco.  Not some James Bond caliber secret agent who was able to infiltrate the rig, dive deep below the surface, and then blast off charges his Tech guy Q gave him before his mission just to stop off shore drilling.

All in all this is very sad.  I wish the media would cover it a bit more.  How come they can talk about Lebron's elbow and Balloon Boy for 24 hours straight but have dipped in news coverage of this completely. There honestly should be a daily update on local and cable news.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 12:51:39 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 01:02:47 PM »
That really IS a good point, why isn't there more coverage of the activity to deal with the oil gusher. Even CNN which covers everything with a blow by blow detailed account, isn't.

Could this be because they don't want people to think or worry about it? Ignore it and it will go away?

On the other hand what is there to say, "Well they tried to do this, but it didn't work, so now they're trying to do this thing and this other thing to handle the problem. But those solutions are long term and in the meantime the gusher is pumping even more oil into the gulf now than before.

The thing is, nothing like this has even happened before, we don't know what will come out of this. But this is starting to look like the biggest man-caused disaster ever possibly more devastating than those nuclear reactors that blew up in Russia.