Author Topic: Magic/Celtics vs Lakers/Suns scheduling  (Read 2268 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Magic/Celtics vs Lakers/Suns scheduling
« on: May 15, 2010, 06:38:42 PM »
Explain this one, Stern.

Suns swept Popovich on Sunday night.  Last Sunday night May 10th.
Lakers swept Jazz on Monday, May 10th.

Celts finish Cleveland on Thursday, May 14th.
yet Celtic-Magic series stats Sunday afternoon.
Lakers vs Suns starts Monday May 17th.
7 frlpping days off for the teams whose series ended 4 days earlier.
The teams who finshed 4 days after have to start 1 day and change earlier.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Magic/Celtics vs Lakers/Suns scheduling
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 07:00:59 PM »
Yup Lakers conspiracy.  The league doesn't set playoff schedules with the major networks ahead of time so they know where to place programing and ads.  They recently just changed it once they realized the Lakers were going to get past the Jazz.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 09:10:52 PM »
Yup Lakers conspiracy.  The league doesn't set playoff schedules with the major networks ahead of time so they know where to place programing and ads.  They recently just changed it once they realized the Lakers were going to get past the Jazz.
I don't know if you are right about it being a Lakers conspiracy.  Wasn't Nash injured too?
Also, not having Kobme featured on a Sunday but instead Orlando-Boston.  Aren't Laker services typically held on a Sunday?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 10:44:21 AM »
They have to schedule based on the assumption that all series go 7 games.  Then the NBA has to schedule around other events in those arenas

Unless you truly believe Stern has each series completely mapped out at the beginning of the year and only schedules the dates absolutly needed at each arena.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 11:15:23 AM »
They have to schedule based on the assumption that all series go 7 games.  Then the NBA has to schedule around other events in those arenas

Unless you truly believe Stern has each series completely mapped out at the beginning of the year and only schedules the dates absolutly needed at each arena.
Sorry, i don't remember this happening other years and other series.  Seems like when one series ends the next one starts within 2-3 days.  Even with a couple sweepers facing each other.
Can we find a precident, other sweep vs sweep series?

Good to see you back Lurker. 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 12:56:25 PM »
I don't know if you are right about it being a Lakers conspiracy.  Wasn't Nash injured too?
Also, not having Kobme featured on a Sunday but instead Orlando-Boston.  Aren't Laker services typically held on a Sunday?

Actually if you flexed that brain muscle for a little bit longer you would realize the league likes The King to hold court on Sundays.  Had he not came up short against the Celtics he would have been playing today.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com