Author Topic: Marcus Camby close to signing a 2 year extention in Portland  (Read 1458 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Marcus Camby close to signing a 2 year extention in Portland
« on: April 20, 2010, 10:35:54 AM »
This is good news from my perspective, just hope it turns out better than the Theo Ratliff extension  Camby has been a fantastic addition, and if Oden comes back healthy next year this is a huge positive.  I see Przybilla as being out at least until Christmas.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindblazersbeat/2010/04/marcus_camby_close_to_signing.html

Marcus Camby close to signing 2-year extension with Trail Blazers
By Jason Quick, The Oregonian
April 19, 2010, 8:00PM

Trail Blazers center Marcus Camby and the Trail Blazers are close to signing a two-year extension, which could be signed as early as today.

"Since the day Marcus was traded, the Blazers and Marcus made it clear it was not for an interim engagement,'' said Camby's agent, Rick Kaplan. "It has been our goal to get something done, and hopefully he will stay in Portland long term.''

ESPN.com and 95.5 The Game in Portland were the first to report the deal, although Kaplan said nothing has been finalized. One person with knowledge of the talks said the two sides are "close to an agreement in principle" after nearly completing the deal on Saturday.

The deal is for two years and $21 million guaranteed. There is an additional $4 million of "unlikely bonuses" or incentives attached.

Camby, 36, has been instrumental in the Blazers' late-season run into the playoffs and played a huge role in Sunday's Game 1 victory at Phoenix, grabbing 17 rebounds and blocking three shots. In 23 games since being traded from the Clippers on Feb. 16, Camby averaged 7.0 points, 11.1 rebounds and 2.04 blocks. The Blazers went 17-6 in those games.

Blazers general manager Kevin Pritchard declined to comment.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Marcus Camby close to signing a 2 year extention in Portland
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 12:57:47 PM »
Man I just want to see Portland stay healthy for an entire regular season and playoffs to really see what this team is capable of doing.  If Oden, Pryz, and Camby were all suited up right now I think a lot of the teams in the WC would dreading that match up.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com