Author Topic: Hope the Spurs get the 8th seed  (Read 2867 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Hope the Spurs get the 8th seed
« on: April 04, 2010, 05:54:36 PM »
better do some more colluding, Lakers.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hope the Spurs get the 8th seed
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 09:50:27 PM »
This deserves more than a blackberry camera shot of Manu's butt you took earlier today.   Break it down for me because I was following this RealSpurs Scouting Report and noticed a few strange things.....

I saw Greg Popavich on the floor coaching the entire time.  I also watched the Spurs hold the lead for the entire game.  That really confused me.  According to RealSpurs Scouting Reports he is why they always lose to the Lakers.  Not the case today.  I looked over to the Lakers bench where Phil Jackson sits  to see if maybe he was out of the game but sure enough he had the energy to even get interviewed going into the 4th.

The other guy I wanted to talk about was this Dick JefferSTUN, who in the RealSpurs Scouting Report always "just stands around like he got hit with a tazer" hence the nick name.   He seemed to be scoring in the open court and making the right passes.  Not quite sure what to make of this.  I thought it was clear to anyone who played basketball that Blair needed to be in the game for the Spurs to beat teams.  When I noticed he only played 10 minutes it threw me for a loop.

When the Spurs went up 8 at the half I was not worried.  Our Laker forces hacked the Spurs insiders servers to obtain the RealSpurs Scouting Report I talked about earlier and I knew that anytime Greg Popavich does not get ejected from a game or is around to coach in the 3rd the Spurs ALWAYS lose leads.  When the Spurs kept the Lakers at bay the entire 3rd and even absorbed a little run in the 4th I knew that something was up. 

Last but not least.....

Thanks to injuries to Yao Ming and Chris Paul, the answer is yes.  Well, make that probably since we are talking Greg Popovich at the helm.

Another beyond pathetic effort last night by Richard "Soft Dick" Jefferson that *NO* amount of Vancilspin can undo.  Coupled with Matt Bonner being the featured forward as Blair, McDyess and Ian Manhimi sat chained to the bench and you've got a Spurs loss at Atlanta in overtime.  Not that Bonner was horrible, he wasn't.  Hit some key treys.  A real coach would use Bonner as a situational player, not a featured forward.  Horford and Webster simply abused Soft Dick at will, and Jeffersons non effort at boxiing out was disgusting.  If i knew how to stream, i would.  Beautiful effort by SuperManu and Timmy Dunks wasted.

Alas its off to OKCity tonight.  I predicted OKC in the playoffs and The Popovichs out.  Appears i will be wrong about the Spurs (Popovich) making it but not wrong about OKC.

Hey it's looking like Spurs vs Lakers Round 1.  Lurker i can get you tickets at Staples.

This is from the thread "Will The Spurs Make The Playoffs?"  I am pretty sure it is being reported wrong that the Spurs did in fact clinch their playoff spot today.  We both should email ESPN and the front office to make that correction.  Though it is possible that something bigger is lurking in the shadows.  Maybe we shouldn't waste our time because the only thing that can explain you being so wrong is a league wide conspiracy aimed at throwing the fans off the trail of just handing another championship to the Lakers.  I will keep my eyes peeled, juice machine juicin, and cowboy boots on just in case anything kicks up.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 10:00:53 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 10:02:03 PM »
Knew I should have read this before I posted my message in the other thread.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 07:34:31 AM »
Great analysis, koast.

I already sent Stern-o my request for a complete audit of the Spurs season. Obviously Knick Mavetta or Joey "got my eyes on you" Crawford had to miss some critical calls and those games will need to be replayed.  This has to be one of those seasons where the Spurs win the lottery since it is obvious they have no chance of even winning one playoff game with Pop at the helm.  And with Parker always injured (those weak pansy French) and Manu leaving to sign with a RealContender, the Spurs need John Wall.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 09:29:12 AM »
Great analysis, koast.

I already sent Stern-o my request for a complete audit of the Spurs season. Obviously Knick Mavetta or Joey "got my eyes on you" Crawford had to miss some critical calls and those games will need to be replayed.  This has to be one of those seasons where the Spurs win the lottery since it is obvious they have no chance of even winning one playoff game with Pop at the helm.  And with Parker always injured (those weak pansy French) and Manu leaving to sign with a RealContender, the Spurs need John Wall.

On a real discussion note, man seeing Hill go down like that made my foot hurt.  Thankfully Tony Parker most likely will get cleared today and will be ready in time for the playoffs.  So much for that tough decision on who gets to start once TP comes back.  Decision was made for Pop.

The original reason why I liked the Richard Jefferson deal is I felt like most teams but specifically the Lakers would have a lot of trouble with two forwards who can finish and hit a jumper (Manu/Jefferson) being available for Popavich.  I think yesterday was a prime example of that. 

« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 01:01:14 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 01:39:54 PM »
Great analysis, koast.

On a real discussion note, man seeing Hill go down like that made my foot hurt.  Thankfully Tony Parker most likely will get cleared today and will be ready in time for the playoffs.  So much for that tough decision on who gets to start once TP comes back.  Decision was made for Pop.

The original reason why I liked the Richard Jefferson deal is I felt like most teams but specifically the Lakers would have a lot of trouble with two forwards who can finish and hit a jumper (Manu/Jefferson) being available for Popavich.  I think yesterday was a prime example of that. 

I like the Jefferson signing because it addressed one of the Spurs biggest needs, athleticism at the 2/3.  They still need a solid big man to play along side TD, Blair of the Shire playing PF or C will NOT cut it in the NBA.  UnderBlair is no Malik Rose.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 01:59:51 PM »

Hopefully Hill's ankle won't cause him to miss too many games.

Parker's timetable has always been to return right around the playoffs.  The big question was could he get in the last couple regular season games to get his "game legs" back.  If Hill had stayed healthy then IMO Manu would have gone back to 6th man (Hill was starting at the 2 before TP went down).  And either Parker or Manu will be on the court at all times in the playoffs.  The Nets game, that Manu missed, really showed that the Spurs lack a consistant threat to break down the opponent's defense without TP or Manu.

One of the main reasons I liked the RJ deal was similar to yours...when both Manu & Jefferson on on the court it forces the opposing 2 and 3 players to play both ends of the court.  Kobe can't "rest" while defending Bowen/defender of the moment.  Same goes for the other top swing players; they have to play both ends against the Spurs. 
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 10:03:57 AM »
Stupid posts by you Laker Boys.  :D  Consistent.

Strained right peroneal tendon in his ankle for Hill.
He will miss the rest of the reg season, opening of playoffs will depend on how well his ankle responds to treatment. 

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 10:27:33 AM »
SuperManus play since Parker went down has been very good.  The last 5 games have been fantastic, GNob doing it all.  He's a much better passer then Parker, in a sense Manu is the point shooting guard a lot of trips down the floor. 

That Dick Jefferson is finally doing what should be expected of a 14 million a year SF is nothing earth shattering.  Nonetheless it's nice to see him finally begin to pull his own weight.

The fact still remains Pop has been owned by Phil 4-1 in playoff series.  So getting all titilated over one game is fine for y'all but does not assure a series win.
I'd still like to see Spurs-Lakers Round 1 and Popazit absent due for any reason.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 10:55:49 AM »
One of the main reasons I liked the RJ deal was similar to yours...when both Manu & Jefferson on on the court it forces the opposing 2 and 3 players to play both ends of the court.  Kobe can't "rest" while defending Bowen/defender of the moment.  Same goes for the other top swing players; they have to play both ends against the Spurs. 

IMO it's going to be very interesting what happens when Manu, Jefferson, and Parker are on the floor.  TP has burned Fisher too many times to remember so in the past they have put Kobe on him in spot situations.  They will put Artest on Jefferson because both Manu and TP are too quick, so that leaves Kobe to guard one of them in crunch time.  Do they risk Brown on Manu or do they leave Fish out to dry on Parker?  It will be very interesting if they meet in the playoffs because with Bynum gone and the addition of Jefferson the front court match-up is pretty even depending on which Lamar shows up.  The Lakers are going to have a tough road in the WC with the Spurs, Denver, and Mavs all posing a threat, IMO the Mavs are the biggest threat and they will probably be the team that will beat the Lakers in the West.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"