Author Topic: NCAA Tourney  (Read 2388 times)

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
NCAA Tourney
« on: March 26, 2010, 10:05:43 AM »
Anyone else following the tourney this year?  There have been some really fantastic games.   I'm in two pools and after having the worst first round I've ever had I figured I was done for.  Fortunately so much other crazy stuff has happened that I'm still in the running for first in one and could still finish high enough to make some dough in the second. 

As far as individual players I think the top two guys, John Wall and Evan Turner, have lived up to the hype.  I've seen plenty of Turner and I would love to have him in a Wolves uni.   

I haven't had a chance to see much of Wes Johnson of Syracuse and unfortunately because of the upset last night I won't.  Still, he sounds like he would be a solid if unspectacular pick.   

I also like Patrick Patterson of Kentucky.  Again, not someone who is going to turn around a failing franchise but very solid.   Cole Aldrich of Kansas would help any doughnut team.   

Finally I should mention the crazy 3pt shot taken by the Northern Iowa guy against Kansas.   That might be the greatest simultaneously idiotic and awesome play I've ever seen.   
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: NCAA Tourney
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 10:14:32 AM »
I've been watching as much as possible.  I am still not that good with player names so I can't talk on specific people outside of teams locally (who are no longer in or never were) but it's been GREAT.  Probably one of the best years of the tourny in a really long time.

Btw...looks like Mr. Dunk On Lebron is no longer going to be Mr. Dunk On Lebron to most people after what just went down!
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 10:45:25 AM »
Crawford?  Oh yeah.  He has had a very impressive tournament, starting by almost single handedly eliminating MN.   Last night he and one of his teammates were clutch but Clemente and Pullen (who's like a poor man's Gil Arenas) were even better for KState.   

The KState coach is worth the price of admissin by himself.  I really hope he is not that intense away from the court.  He coaches like he did a bunch of PCP before the game.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 11:27:00 AM »
I have watched bits and pieces of several games.  It has shown how wide open this year has been.  Some of these upsets would never happen in a series which is one reason the NCAA is so exciting...keep a game close and a wild shot can knock off the top seed.

As far as pools I have Kentucky and K-State in the finals.  Picking K-State over Kansas in the final 4 was the key to my bracket.  I think only one other person out of 18 is still looking to have two final 4 picks be correct.  Assuming Duke makes it to the final 4.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 11:49:23 AM »
I've watched virtually every game.  And what i've missed is on my DVR that I'll watch when the tourney is over.  It's a disease.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 02:08:20 PM »
I have watched bits and pieces of several games.  It has shown how wide open this year has been.  Some of these upsets would never happen in a series which is one reason the NCAA is so exciting...keep a game close and a wild shot can knock off the top seed.

As far as pools I have Kentucky and K-State in the finals.  Picking K-State over Kansas in the final 4 was the key to my bracket.  I think only one other person out of 18 is still looking to have two final 4 picks be correct.  Assuming Duke makes it to the final 4.

I am in the same boat as you with me being one of the only people of my friends who have 2 in the final four as well. 
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 02:52:05 PM »
Watched the last 10 minutes of Duke-Baylor.

Baylors bigs battled Duke well, in fact outplayed them.
Baylors two small guards are retards.  Kept cheating on D and leaving wide open looks for the Duke guards.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 10:36:14 AM »
Silly mistakes by Butler, too many of them.  Ie Dukes out of bounds play where Butler had their head up their ass.
Duke made some dumb moves too, but Butler outdid them about 4-1.

Final shot the Butler goes for a 9.8 degree difficulty shot.  IMO when in midair should have dumped it down to wide open Butler center.  That Zoubek retard was guarding the center but Zoubek is easily faked out.

Dissapointing.