Author Topic: Blair  (Read 13856 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Blair
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2010, 02:13:14 PM »
I have no clue what you are posting Reality but maybe, just maybe, this insight from Blair might explain some...

From the SA paper dated 4/2:
A 6-foot-7 rebounder with endless energy, Blair figured he'd burst through the rookie wall like the Kool-Aid Man. The rigors of the NBA season, however, proved too powerful.

Blair never played more than 37 games in his two college seasons at Pittsburgh, and never logged more than 972 minutes. This season, he's totaled 1,352.

?I thought he hit a wall a couple weeks ago, but he's come out of it,? Popovich said. ?I think he's starting to regenerate.?

Blair is averaging 7.7 points and 6.3 rebounds, good for a rookie role player, but was up and down in March. Popovich practically had to drag Blair from a March 5 win over New Orleans, when the big rookie could barely make it up the floor near the end of his 32-minute outing.

?I definitely felt it,? Blair said. ?Now I'm back to myself. I know what to expect now.?

With his burly frame and full beard, it can be easy to forget that Blair is still too young to legally drink. When the Spurs played in Los Angeles for the first time this season, Popovich was amused to find the rookie had never been there before.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2010, 05:29:01 PM »
I have no clue what you are posting Reality but maybe, just maybe, this insight from Blair might explain some...

From the SA paper dated 4/2:
A 6-foot-7 rebounder with endless energy, Blair figured he'd burst through the rookie wall like the Kool-Aid Man. The rigors of the NBA season, however, proved too powerful.

Blair never played more than 37 games in his two college seasons at Pittsburgh, and never logged more than 972 minutes. This season, he's totaled 1,352.

?I thought he hit a wall a couple weeks ago, but he's come out of it,? Popovich said. ?I think he's starting to regenerate.?

Blair is averaging 7.7 points and 6.3 rebounds, good for a rookie role player, but was up and down in March. Popovich practically had to drag Blair from a March 5 win over New Orleans, when the big rookie could barely make it up the floor near the end of his 32-minute outing.

?I definitely felt it,? Blair said. ?Now I'm back to myself. I know what to expect now.?

With his burly frame and full beard, it can be easy to forget that Blair is still too young to legally drink. When the Spurs played in Los Angeles for the first time this season, Popovich was amused to find the rookie had never been there before.

Clearly this is Popavich's fault for not doing a better job of training Blair.  This has nothing to do with Blair at all.  Once again it's Greg Popavich's problem.

One thing the article didn't mention outside of just raw minutes is the fact that playing with grown men who have been doing this for years is a heck of a lot different than playing with 18-22 year olds who split time between beer pong, homework, and the hardwood.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2010, 02:13:55 AM »
Deep insights (to Lurkerkoast) from the Express News:

1.  Rookies in the NBA were used to playing much fewer games prior to joining the NBA.
2.  Blair was tired after playing 32 minutes vs New Orleans.  So concerned about his fatigue was coach Greg Poppycock that he played Blair the very next night for 22 minutes vs Memphis.  :D
(both wins, SuperBlair doin 10/12 vs New Orl and 10/5 with 3 steals vs Memphis.  A block in each game too.)
3.  Greg Poppy thought it was amusing that Blair had never been to Los Angeles. 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2010, 09:15:31 AM »
Deep insights (to Lurkerkoast) from the Express News:

1.  Rookies in the NBA were used to playing much fewer games prior to joining the NBA.
2.  Blair was tired after playing 32 minutes vs New Orleans.  So concerned about his fatigue was coach Greg Poppycock that he played Blair the very next night for 22 minutes vs Memphis.  :D
(both wins, SuperBlair doin 10/12 vs New Orl and 10/5 with 3 steals vs Memphis.  A block in each game too.)
3.  Greg Poppy thought it was amusing that Blair had never been to Los Angeles. 

Are you retarded?  I am being dead serious.  Lurker already brought up the fact that he played less games and minutes in college.  On top of that Lurker was the one who posted FIRST that Blair never has been to Los Angeles.  I made a comment saying the level of talent is going to make Blair more tired.     Clearly you don't read posts at all OR you don't understand the definition of 'insight'

Also, what does your second "point" have to do with anything?  It doesn't make sense to even bring up because the reason he played less minutes in the back to back game was for a completely different reason (you didn't watch the game).  It's almost as pointless as bragging about a 10/5/1 game.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 09:23:18 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2010, 09:27:21 AM »
koast, you should just give up like the rest of the board.  It is obvious when you look at the OKC thread and see that one poster posts 5 straight messages with no response from ANY other poster.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2010, 10:08:58 AM »
Are you retarded?  I am being dead serious.  Lurker already brought up the fact that he played less games and minutes in college. 
No I'm not retarded.  I really already knew the fact that Blair, and other NBA rookies, played less games and minutes in college.  (Save for NBA benchies who seldom get in.)  Dont we all know that?  :D

On top of that Lurker was the one who posted FIRST that Blair never has been to Los Angeles.

I should not have acribed that to you.  That deep insight was all Lurker and the Express News.  I stand corrected.

I made a comment saying the level of talent is going to make Blair more tired.     Clearly you don't read posts at all OR you don't understand the definition of 'insight'
Correct, you made the addition of the level of talent.  I file that under "duh" along with more games and minutes, but you still make a legit point.

Also, what does your second "point" have to do with anything?  It doesn't make sense to even bring up because the reason he played less minutes in the back to back game was for a completely different reason (you didn't watch the game).  It's almost as pointless as bragging about a 10/5/1 game.
Counterpoint to Lurkers attempted spin that Blair was maxed out on minutes and thus had to be benched by that great coach Gregor Pop.
10/5/1 is very good when you consider Blairs per minute consistency.  He did that in only 22 min. 

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2010, 10:10:55 AM »
koast, you should just give up like the rest of the board.  It is obvious when you look at the OKC thread and see that one poster posts 5 straight messages with no response from ANY other poster.
westkoast doesn't have to wait for work on Monday to have INET access.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2010, 10:26:15 AM »
Soon to be 6 when OKC gets it's 50th win.
Of course you were and are no where to be found on the thread.  :D

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2010, 10:47:03 AM »
Blairs Beastly exclamation point ownage over you doldrums:

27 pts 23 rebounds in 37 minutes over a full Dallas frontline lineup that most certainly did want to win for seeding.
2nd time this season Blair has done 20/20.  Yet he's only been given over 30 minutes about 9 games by Popazit.

JoeV
I'm not discrediting him because Popovich didn't play him.  I'm discrediting him because he did nothing productive when he *WAS* played.  There's a difference.
Yeah well analyze his productivity vs your Mavs.

Here's the *REAL* killer, Reality - I actually *LIKE* Blair.  Think he's somewhat useful.  Not ready to declare him a player with "All Star potential," and don't really see how anyone is ready to make that leap based on what we've seen so far.  (Makes the name "Dalem-Blair" a lot funnier, too, because I remember how often Dalembert was overrated - including by me!)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 11:07:17 AM by Reality »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2010, 11:27:20 AM »
Lurker could you use your accounting skills to tell us when the last time a rookie did two 20/20s in a season?  Might help Vancil see Blairs potential in reality.

Btw, 23-8 is the Spurs mark when Grizzly Blair got 20+ minutes per game.

I'll have his 30+ min mark up shortly.  ;)

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2010, 04:33:00 PM »
Given the fact that these awesome numbers were in a game Dallas wanted to win *AND* San Antonio wanted to *LOSE*, we may just have to forgo the name Dalem-blair.  After all, he's putting up great numbers in furtherence of his own goals rather than the team goals.  In such a case, Mar-Blair-y would be more appropriate.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2010, 05:34:47 PM »
Just when i thought you couldn't get any lamer.