Author Topic: Blair  (Read 13872 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Blair
« on: March 19, 2010, 10:34:37 PM »
Joe Vancil
And as for Blair being a nobody...

DeJuan Blair '10:  .560 FG%, .557 FT%, 18.5 MPG, 6.3 RPG, .6 BPG, 7.9 PPG.
Oberto '07:  .562 FG%, .647 FT%, 17.3 MPG, 4.7 RPG, .3 BPG, 4.4 PPG.

Blair's better, but so far, not RADICALLY better.  In comparison, check out these numbers:

.530 FG%, .733 FT%, 7.4 RPG, 1.1 BPG, 11.9 PPG, 30.7 MPG.  That's the rookie year of someone we *ALL* pretty much called a nobody - a trade "throw-in."  If Blair is this superfigure - what's this guy?
Blair thru March 17th.
20 year old rookie DeJuan Blair playing under Greg Poppycock:
NBA rebounds per 48 minutes leaders (min 15 min per game)
1st  18.1 Dwight Howard , ORL
2nd  17.9 Samuel Dalembert
3rd  17.8    Marcus Camby
4th  16.2     DeJuan Blair
5th  15.7 Tim Duncan 

Spurs record when Blair gets 20+ minutes:  19-8

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Re: Blair
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 08:11:17 AM »
One stat, Reality.  Doesn't mean a whole lot to me when one of the folks above him is Samuel Dalembert.  And I'm sure if I look back over old messages, I'll find the same kind of post about Oberto a few years back.  It's still no more than the latest Spurs benchie that you're trying to claim is a superstar.  All he needs is some sort of nickname that you can call him (e.g. Fabs, Barr-dog, etc.), and we're all set.  All you have to do is copy all of your Oberto posts, substitute the name "Bynum" for "Kwame Brown", my name for WayOut's, Jefferson for Finley, and you can re-use all of your old posts!
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 09:28:17 AM »
I hope so!  That will mean Blair is on his way to contributing meaningful minutes in another Spurs Championship!

As to "superstar" status, while Blair most definitely has All Star potential, you're fabrikoasting.

That being said, Pop will no doubt continue to repress Blair and the Spurs, thus i picked OKCity to have a better record then the Spurs this year.  ;)
http://forums.phillyarena.com/index.php?topic=6017.0

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 11:20:46 AM »
  All you have to do is copy all of your Oberto posts, substitute the name "Bynum" for "Kwame Brown", my name for WayOut's, Jefferson for Finley, and you can re-use all of your old posts!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Might I suggest BallinBlair ?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 02:55:19 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 03:20:39 PM »
Blair should make the all rookie team.  Not because he is so great but because there are really no big men rookies.  Griffin is out.  The only other one who comes to mind is Taj Gibson.  And not many rookies playing rotation minutes on teams playing .600 ball.

The big name rookies are all guards: Evans, Jennings, Curry, Flynn, Lawson, Harden

And I think Blair-minator.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 05:23:32 PM »
Blair should make the all rookie team.  Not because he is so great but because there are really no big men rookies. 
Gee you think so?  :D :D

Grizzly Blair

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 09:42:57 AM »
Blair should make the all rookie team.  Not because he is so great but because there are really no big men rookies.  Griffin is out.  The only other one who comes to mind is Taj Gibson.  And not many rookies playing rotation minutes on teams playing .600 ball.

The big name rookies are all guards: Evans, Jennings, Curry, Flynn, Lawson, Harden

I agree.  There is a lot of talent at the guard in this rookie class though.  All the guys mentioned deserved to be recognized. 

Want to take back 'Ballin-Blair' and vote for Lurker's "Blair-minator"

Offline Joe Vancil

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 05:06:48 PM »

I agree.  There is a lot of talent at the guard in this rookie class though.  All the guys mentioned deserved to be recognized. 

Want to take back 'Ballin-Blair' and vote for Lurker's "Blair-minator"

I *LIKED* "Ballin-Blair."  Sounds very "Reality" to me.
Joe

-----------

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 07:27:13 PM »
Some more Grizzly Blair happenings:

When DeJuan Blair  hits the gym, it breaks.

One time DeJuan passed Thabeet in the mall. Thabeet was out 4-6 weeks.

DeJuan Blair, similar to Barkley, is banned from Vegas. The difference is, Blair hasn't lost any money -- he's a gamble that always wins.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010, 11:58:13 PM »
Grizzly Blair snapping down another 9 rebounds in only 17 minutes tonight vs Houston.
11 in 17 the night before.
11 in 21 vs Boston.

To the uninsightful critic who spouts "One stat, Reality.  Doesn't mean a whole lot to me when one of the folks above him is Samuel Dalembert.".....   besides the fact that Dalembert has always been a good rebounder (other game aspects are weak), the Grizzly is hardly a one trick pony.  Good passer, very good all around game.

Spurs 21-8 when Blair gets 20+ minutes.

DumbAssovich currently making Blair play center at 6'7", also does not let him play alongside Timmy Dunks.  Makes what Blair is doing the more impressive.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 02:50:24 AM »

DumbAssovich currently making Blair play center at 6'7", also does not let him play alongside Timmy Dunks.  Makes what Blair is doing the more impressive.

Did you take notice that the guys he was playing against were 6'10 and not as physically as strong as he is?  In case you were wondering the Rockets 2 7-footers are currently injured.  You are exaggerating for no other reason than you thought you were clever with that new nickname.

Malik Rose was undersized, you didn't complain about Pop  having him on Shaq because he could hold his own right?  Why doesn't that apply for that superstar SolarBlair?  Are you trying to say that he can't handle soon-to-be NBA legend Jordan Hill on the block?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 02:51:58 AM by westkoast »

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2010, 07:45:01 AM »

Did you take notice that the guys he was playing against were 6'10 and not as physically as strong as he is?  In case you were wondering the Rockets 2 7-footers are currently injured.  You are exaggerating for no other reason than you thought you were clever with that new nickname.

Malik Rose was undersized, you didn't complain about Pop  having him on Shaq because he could hold his own right?  Why doesn't that apply for that superstar SolarBlair?  Are you trying to say that he can't handle soon-to-be NBA legend Jordan Hill on the block?

It is actually even simpler than that koast.   Blair takes up the same lane space as Duncan.  THAT is why Pop uses either McDyess (who can hit the 17-18 footer) and Bonner (who shoots 40% from the arc) to play along side Duncan.  But then even many knowledgable youth camp participants could figure that out.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2010, 09:45:41 AM »

Good to see I've united you Laker Boys again in your failed attempts.
Did you notice that Blair has played in 74 games this year?  So your choosing one game, the Houston game, hardly means Popped has only made Blair play vs 6'10" and smaller.
Malik Rose was undersized, you didn't complain about Pop  having him on Shaq because he could hold his own right?  Why doesn't that apply for that superstar SolarBlair?
Did you notice Malik played alongside Timmy Duncan in the 2003 spanking of the Fakers?  Did you notice Malik also played PF alongside Timmy Duncs for a good portion of the time he was in?  Have you actually watched a Spurs game this year when Dunks and Grizzly Blair were in together?

lurker
It is actually even simpler than that koast.   Blair takes up the same lane space as Duncan.  THAT is why Pop uses either McDyess (who can hit the 17-18 footer) and Bonner (who shoots 40% from the arc) to play along side Duncan.  But then even many knowledgable youth camp participants could figure that out.
:D Your lack of basketball knowledge is a Pop dream come true.
Good to see I've united you Laker Boys.  Hey, maybe the Spurs can become, make that continue to be the Phoenix Suns of 2004-2007?  You know with Matt Bonner hitting 40% of his treys.  Oh wait, he disappears when the opponent is elite?  You say he shot 29% vs Dallas in the playoffs?  Are you saying the playoffs are when games really count?
"Blair takes up the same lane space as Duncan."   :D And you think this is a bad thing?  Watch a Spurs game with Duncan, Blair, and better yet Manu in at the same time.  You'll see some great spacing. 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2010, 10:01:22 AM »
Wait, did the guy who is NOTORIOUS for only picking out ONE game is telling me not to do it? LMAO.  Wow that is hilarious.  Truly funny on so many levels.

Reality, how many quality guys in the post are there over 6'10 currently playing in this league right now?  Don't worry, ill be patiently waiting for this HUGE list.

Offline Joe Vancil

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2010, 10:14:10 AM »
...there's Samuel Dalembert....
Joe

-----------