Author Topic: I sure miss this place  (Read 2557 times)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
I sure miss this place
« on: March 12, 2010, 02:15:28 AM »
Sad, so sad...
Dan

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: I sure miss this place
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 04:50:12 PM »
And we miss your posts too buddy!
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 07:37:32 PM »
I miss your computer and Pink Floyd posts.

Would you even consider giving this tribute band a listen?  "The Pink Floyd Experience".
http://www.thepinkfloydexperience.net/

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 05:26:58 PM »
I really like the way they ^^^ do Shine On, the instrumental 1st 2-3 minutes.  Once the vocals start, meh, no.

Laker Fan does the real Pink Floyd live vary from show to show the way they do the 1st 3 minutes of Shine On?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 07:19:39 PM »
And we miss your posts too buddy!

I would agree with this.

In fact I would suggest two things:

1. Start a thread.
2. Use the ignore function.  It really helps.

I only watched the first half of the game Wed night, otherwise what I know is from reports and friends. And it has been a consistent pattern for the season.

The Spurs can look solid and hang with the best teams for the first 2-3 quarters of a game.  But the top contenders outplay them down the stretch.  Spurs give up too many offensive boards and commit too many turnovers in key sequences.  They also seem to have a defensive lapse or two where someone gets a wide open killer in transition.

I haven't seen the Lakers much and would be interested in your take.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 10:11:19 PM »
Thanks Lurker,

It was not so much the Spurs not finishing as it was the Lakers adjusting.

What impressed me was the way Gasol bothered Duncan all night, no one really mentioned it but he was in his face all game, 2 very clean blocks and a lot of energy, say what you want, but this is the most skilled overall big man in the game today, and that includes Chris Bosh, his hustle and midrange game are off the hook. That kid George Hill you guys have was a beast first half but LA sure shut him down in the second. Still, his skill level is awesome, the spurs always seem to find little gems.

San Antonio is still a threat but they are not a legit contender, but if they get Parker back, they can make waves, unless they draw the 8 spot, LA will smoke them in the first round but Denver could have match up problems with them.

LA is driving me nut with their trailing the whole game routine. Artest, (whom I NEVER wanted on this squad) is acting like he should be a scoring option and that ticks me off. He was brought in to add some defensive toughness, not to add scoring, we have Kobe, Gasol, Odom, and Bynum for that, and to a lesser degree, Shannon Brown, who is rapidly becoming my favorite Laker, just muscle the defensive end Artest!!! LA take whole quarters off (surprise surprise) and they only have 11 game (after getting SMOKED by OKC tonight) to get in a rhythm and thus far, they have not done so. I am sure they will but why must they torment the fans like this?
Dan