Author Topic: Favre haters rejoicing  (Read 1370 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Favre haters rejoicing
« on: January 25, 2010, 01:54:10 PM »
I fully agree the guy was and is an attention whore, but taking the MN Viks to the AFC Championship game and tied with a 50 yard field goal attempt to win it locked up.....
That's good.  That's very good.  The subsequent 12 men on the field and thus a 5 yard penalty negating the field goal attempt was a massive brain fart to me.
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/82573337.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUUULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUr
But everyone seems to be piling on the Favre interception instead.

As to New Orls win in OT, the defensive pass interference call on Lieberman was a joke.
Also not sure how the following play ruled a "catch" was a "catch" as ball clearly hit gound but.....

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Re: Favre haters rejoicing
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 03:36:20 PM »
First of all, I'm just about sick of people bad-mouthing Favre.  The guy is one of the greatest quarterbacks *EVER*.  The guy needs to be given his proper credit.

The game?  There were tons of miscues and mistakes that were inexcusable, but to single Favre out is unfair.  Fact is that Minnesota was not a threat to be where they were without the man.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 05:33:13 PM »
^^ amen.  Some of the throws he makes are awesome.  The toss to Shiancoe to the two yard line which Peterson then punched in.  Great throw.

Farves team fumbled twice inside the Saints 10 yd line (doh! the one was his own just before the half), the second time after another Favre completion in the mid 4th qtr on what would have been a 1st and goal from the 8.

I thought Favre outplayed Breeze in the second half and esp 4th qtr by quite a bit.  Even with Favres final int.  Should have never come to that.  12 men on the field.  Unreal.
Breese fumble when stripped at his own 10 yard line in the late 4th.  What a lucky recovery by New Orl.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 06:35:04 PM »
A lot of people are critical of Farve, but he got them all the way to the NFC championship game, something no one predicted at the start of the season.

The Vikings looked like the better team, but the Saints got the fumbles and the interceptions.  It still took an overtime to win. These teams were damn even, and without the gaffs, the Viking would have won.

Farve can be proud of what he accomplished this season.  Even if he doesn't play another game he's a shoe-in for the HOF.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 07:16:11 PM »
Even though the pass wasn't exactly a good decision, what else was he going to do?  The kicker wasn't going to make it from that far.  I don't know if him running it on a bum leg was going to get it done.  IMO he had to throw it.  It's easy to dissect the play, in slow motion, long after the fact.  Making a decision in real time is much harder.

Im not a Favre hater but I would be a liar if I said I wasn't glad I didn't have to hear yet another press conference of him patting himself on the back.  I know he's a great, legendary, hall of fame player.  Just don't need to be told week after week.  That press conference before the championship game he did was really annoying.  "People forget I been here before"  No, we really didn't.  We can't.  You never stop reminding us.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com