Author Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 4520 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Hello everyone
« on: January 13, 2010, 03:09:55 PM »
Been a while.  Wanted to see if anyone saw the rumors about Tony Parker being traded for Chris Paul....looks like they just started the last couple of days...crazy...but i think I would like a go getter like Paul running our team...Still trying to find some good links.   
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

jemagee

Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 03:18:17 PM »
I saw the rumor that the spurs made the offer and the hornets laughed it off

It's the NBA equivalent of silly season right now - dumb trade rumors with no real 'heft' behind them will be lent greater credence than they deserve.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 03:30:13 PM »
" It?s hard to complain about a 22-13 record in the West, but San Antonio does have a right to gripe. A 10-10 Conference record leads execs to believe that this team has yet to play up to its full potential. The issue could be a lack of team energy and congruency, which the Spurs always seemed to exhibit so well during past playoff runs. They set the standard for teams working together. Do they need to bring someone in to re-establish this? Possibly. Reports are that they tried to..with Chris Paul. Yes, CP3. Which clearly indicates that Tony Parker was involved in the potential trade as well. Now, this may not mean anything in the grand scheme of things because the trade was immediately declined. But this is Parker?s team now and if the Spurs are showing a lack of confidence in him, then there will be problems. "

http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/pages/landing?Daily-Dribbles-Tony-Parker-in-the-Big-Ea=1&blockID=116168&feedID=

Maybe this will get across to Tony he needs to step up if he wants to be a leader.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 03:48:06 PM »
I was just about to email you to see what was up.  Wanted to make sure nothing was wrong with you or the kids.  Haven't seen you on PS3 in a minute, no tweets, no posts, glad you are back.  Hope the Holiday with the fam was good and all that.

TP for Chris Paul would be a good move for the Spurs.  Everything Parker can do, Chris Paul can do.  Though I will say he will have to adjust his defense.  He likes to shoot the gap and get steals.  Don't think that is the type of defense Pop is looking for.  Other than that, Paul would be a great pick up.  While I don't think the trade will go through I think Chris Paul wants out.  He was PISSED when they fired Byron Scott.  That was his boy.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 03:56:09 PM »
I was just about to email you to see what was up.  Wanted to make sure nothing was wrong with you or the kids.  Haven't seen you on PS3 in a minute, no tweets, no posts, glad you are back.  Hope the Holiday with the fam was good and all that.

TP for Chris Paul would be a good move for the Spurs.  Everything Parker can do, Chris Paul can do.  Though I will say he will have to adjust his defense.  He likes to shoot the gap and get steals.  Don't think that is the type of defense Pop is looking for.  Other than that, Paul would be a great pick up.  While I don't think the trade will go through I think Chris Paul wants out.  He was PISSED when they fired Byron Scott.  That was his boy.

Yeah I dont see it happenning...  would be great for us, but new orleans is running out of options with their own salary cap options.  CP3 may move somewhere this season before trade dead line. 

jemagee

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 04:04:56 PM »
CP3 may move somewhere this season before trade dead line.

I think the hornets are getting very close to 'under' the tax and would move anyone (including David West who teams lust after a bit too) before Paul and that they'll try and find a coach in the off season paul likes and convince him they have a plan...there's no rush to trade him by the deadline and there are a lot more options if they decide to move him this off season.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 04:29:03 PM »
CP3 may move somewhere this season before trade dead line.

I think the hornets are getting very close to 'under' the tax and would move anyone (including David West who teams lust after a bit too) before Paul and that they'll try and find a coach in the off season paul likes and convince him they have a plan...there's no rush to trade him by the deadline and there are a lot more options if they decide to move him this off season.

There is literally no one in this league that would comparable to trade for.  Well, scratch that, I think the ONLY other player you could trade for Chris Paul for would be Deron Williams, that's it.  MAYBE Derek Rose, MAYBE.

jemagee

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 04:35:45 PM »
Well yeah you don' WANT to trade chris paul - but if you're paying him whatever he makes a year (say 12 million) and fielding a team of bench warmers scrubs and second teamers around him (because as was inevitable, the hornets as long as shinn in charge will fail anywhere they go) no one is going to show up - so why continue to pay him 12 million a year - trading him if you're team is god awful isn't going to cost you that much in attendance and you get pieces.

Giving up on Paul isn't a 'one for one' in the hornets mind imo, it's a 'we give up for the short term future and it's time to try again' - so assets and or picks would get it done more than one for one - paul for parker doesn't even make sense from a new orleans point of view on the court does it?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 04:44:55 PM »
Well yeah you don' WANT to trade chris paul - but if you're paying him whatever he makes a year (say 12 million) and fielding a team of bench warmers scrubs and second teamers around him (because as was inevitable, the hornets as long as shinn in charge will fail anywhere they go) no one is going to show up - so why continue to pay him 12 million a year - trading him if you're team is god awful isn't going to cost you that much in attendance and you get pieces.

Giving up on Paul isn't a 'one for one' in the hornets mind imo, it's a 'we give up for the short term future and it's time to try again' - so assets and or picks would get it done more than one for one - paul for parker doesn't even make sense from a new orleans point of view on the court does it?

Tony Parker is very good in the half court.  With the addition of Okafor they have turned more into a half court team.  Not saying Paul is not good in the half court, he is, but it is not a like they would be taking a major hit at the point guard position.  I think Tony Parker is a good PG.  I wouldn't say the trade 'doesn't make sense' though I do question why they would deal the best PG the league has seen in years.

jemagee

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 04:47:19 PM »
Well to me it doesn't make sense because Parker is less of a 'draw' than Paul and the team doesn't get much better or become more maneuverable so they continue to tread water talent wise though maybe with a lesser talent...if you want to try and build a team to 'win' in the next few years, why wouldn't you keep Paul who is just a better point guard than Parker and 3 years younger

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 05:00:17 PM »
Well to me it doesn't make sense because Parker is less of a 'draw' than Paul and the team doesn't get much better or become more maneuverable so they continue to tread water talent wise though maybe with a lesser talent...if you want to try and build a team to 'win' in the next few years, why wouldn't you keep Paul who is just a better point guard than Parker and 3 years younger

Agreed.  The draw part really is a head scratcher.  I love when the Hornets come to LA because I like to watch Chris Paul.  While I am a fan of Tony Parker I watch Spurs games for Duncan. 

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 10:42:57 PM »
I did my darnedest to try to come up with a reason why New Orleans would be STUPID enough to trade Chris Paul.  Couldn't come up with a thing.  Not a thing.  He's a top draw, a guaranteed All-Star, a top-notch talent, not a head case, not a poor teammate, a player other players would want to come play with....

When I had given up and started to write this message, a little bird flew up to my window.  I figured it must be a sign.  So I looked closely at the bird, wondering what it all meant.

The bird looked back at me and said, "CHEEP!  CHEEP!"

And I had my answer.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2010, 11:04:53 PM »
I did my darnedest to try to come up with a reason why New Orleans would be STUPID enough to trade Chris Paul.  Couldn't come up with a thing.  Not a thing.  He's a top draw, a guaranteed All-Star, a top-notch talent, not a head case, not a poor teammate, a player other players would want to come play with....

When I had given up and started to write this message, a little bird flew up to my window.  I figured it must be a sign.  So I looked closely at the bird, wondering what it all meant.

The bird looked back at me and said, "CHEEP!  CHEEP!"

And I had my answer.

Classic posting.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2010, 11:09:07 PM »
Hey Xs3.  Did you see the Grizzly Blair tonight?!

27 pts 21 boards in only 31 minutes.  WooHoo!
and no Timmy Duncan beside him either.  Altho that sucks.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2010, 09:20:09 AM »
Hey Xs3.  Did you see the Grizzly Blair tonight?!

27 pts 21 boards in only 31 minutes.  WooHoo!
and no Timmy Duncan beside him either.  Altho that sucks.

It was a really good game.  Nice to see the Spurs win a back to back game.  Hopefully this team is starting to get it together.  Blair was a beast.  I dont know what feed you were watching the game on, but Sean Elliot was doing the commentating he was pissed off when Blair got fouled out for such a weak call.  the kid could have gone 30 and 21.  I dont know how true this is but Sean told him after the game that the last rookie (don't know if he meant Spurs rookie, or any rookie) to go 20 and 20 was Tim Duncan.  I dont know how true that stat was but he was actually really upset when Blair got fouled out...it was hiliarious. 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 09:22:16 AM by SPURSX3 »