Author Topic: OT - Los Angeles Football Stadium  (Read 5245 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: OT - Los Angeles Football Stadium
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2010, 09:13:39 PM »
FYI: LA is looking to land TWO NFL teams to play in the new stadium.

The idea that they will get two NFL teams is not realistic.  They lost the Rams and the Raiders for a reason.  At the same time, I would expect USC to move in, and perhaps UCLA.  With and NFL team, and two premier college programs, plus an MLS this stadium will generate significant revenues.

Two NFL teams is stretching it quite a bit.  You reminded me about the 3rd team that was in the running, it's the Rams.  No way USC moves to that staduim, zero...point...zero chance they move away from a stadium that is in their own back yard.  I really doubt UCLA would want to move there either.  The Rosebowl is dated but huge and it's only about a 30 minute drive from their campus on a Saturday.  LA stadium would be at least an hour away.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2010, 03:42:33 AM »
I have to admit, it would be funny if Al Davis moved the Raiders back to Los Angeles.

The loyalty of Raider Nation in NorCal is amazing, and has been forever. But the senile Al Davis of the last ten years or so has changed much regarding the view about where Al Davis' own loyalties lie. His famous mantra of "Just win Baby" has clearly been replaced by "Just save my legacy, Baby". He routinely fires his most successful coaches once they start disobeying his idea regarding how football should be played, which is how it was back in the seventies.

He shows incredible loyalty towards his players, to the point where if one of the coaches tries to reproach a player for being lazy, indulge in fast food diets of incredible porportions, and blows off the final team meeting to go the the Palms in Vegas, it is very likely that coach gets kicked to the curb while the player thumbs his nose at not only his coaches, but his totally fed up teammates. JeMarcus Russell did all of the above this season, and Cable benched him in favor of the much more popular Grabowski. Last I heard, Cable is likely going to get fired while Russell is not getting in any trouble whatsoever. His teammates have come to loathe Russell and suported the switch to Grabowski and later Frye almost to a man.

Davis has told everyone with the Raiders that Russell is his quarterback, period, and wide receiver Darius Hayward-Bey is his guy as well. Even Hayward-Bey seems to think his position with the Raiders is a joke. The guy simply can't catch a football and comes out of his routes so blatantly, a high school corner could cover him.

Davis controls the top three rounds of the NFL draft for the Raiders and then someone else takes over. As a result, the best players drafted in the last decade tend to be taken in the fourth round or later.

You want the Raiders to return to Los Angeles? That would be great. And soon, you too will start turning the channel over to watch the Chargers or Niners or any other REAL NFL team play just to see how it should be done. Believe me when I say that as long as Davis lives, you will NOT enjoy watching the Raiders' soap opera. No human on this planet with any interest in football could do that. Ten years and growing of this crap has proven it won't ever change for the better until someone with a real modern day football brain takes over the team and improves the atmosphere from within.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 10:34:07 AM »
FYI: LA is looking to land TWO NFL teams to play in the new stadium.

The idea that they will get two NFL teams is not realistic.  They lost the Rams and the Raiders for a reason.  At the same time, I would expect USC to move in, and perhaps UCLA.  With and NFL team, and two premier college programs, plus an MLS this stadium will generate significant revenues.

While I agree that two NFL teams is not realistic, considering the city hasnt had one in over a decade, it was not Los Angeles fault the Rams left.  The Rams left because they were offered their own domed facility in St Louis.  In Anaheim, where they played, they had no room to build a football stadium.   I also don't think Anaheim Stadium was really a great facility for a football team.  Not compared to some other locations.   I forget exactly why the Raiders left to Oakland, maybe JoMaL remembers??
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2010, 05:53:37 PM »
 I forget exactly why the Raiders left to Oakland, maybe JoMaL remembers??

Davis wanted a new stadium. The one that was promised in Irwindale fell through and he never liked the LA Coliseum. Then Oakland offered to fill the Oakland Coliseum for every home game and to reconfigure the seating capacity by building him Mount Davis that ruined the view from the rest of the seats at the place. They also gave him tons of financing throught those licensing fees for seasonal ticket buyers. None of it worked as plannned, but the lure was enough to bring the Raiders back to Oakland.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."