Author Topic: Good "ole" fashion arse wuppin at Staples Center  (Read 4400 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Good "ole" fashion arse wuppin at Staples Center
« on: December 25, 2009, 07:35:02 PM »
Looks like LeBron is still playing against a bunch of raindeer wearing Lakers jerseys!  >:(
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Good "ole" fashion arse wuppin at Staples Center
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 08:08:36 PM »
OMG, the Lakers are acting like a bunch of gilted GF's.  Tons of cheap shots and jabbering. 

I don't think the Lakers have actually beaten any really good teams yet.  The only team I can think of is the Jazz and they are not exactly playing solid this year.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 10:56:03 AM »
The Lakers got dismembered badly last night. It's been a long time since they've had  a beat down like that. It's probably a good thing to knock them out of their complacency. There don't appear to be any real challengers out West, so the Lakers aren't used to playing a good team.

It is starting to look like Cleveland's off-season efforts have paid off. But it isn't clear if that's really enough to beat the Lakers or they just weren't prepared. One thing is certain, there is no obvious front-runner for the title.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 11:13:57 AM »
Kobe owns!!

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 11:59:07 AM »
Way to go down with class, Lakers and fans!  :D  Merry Christmas!
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 05:57:38 PM »
Way to go down with class, Lakers and fans!  :D  Merry Christmas!

LOL!  I guess some REAL fans got Lakers tickets for XMas presents!!!  Your typical "for the cameras" and "Hollywood" fans would never care enough or put in the effort to throw things on to the court.

I for one would NEVER throw away a free foam finger, I friggin paid 12 bucks for a Clippers one, you think for a second I would toss a Lakers one away?  On second thought...I must have been a bunch of rich-kid-fans causing the drama at Staples....
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2009, 06:08:39 PM »
The Lakers got dismembered badly last night. It's been a long time since they've had  a beat down like that. It's probably a good thing to knock them out of their complacency. There don't appear to be any real challengers out West, so the Lakers aren't used to playing a good team.

It is starting to look like Cleveland's off-season efforts have paid off. But it isn't clear if that's really enough to beat the Lakers or they just weren't prepared. One thing is certain, there is no obvious front-runner for the title.

I am starting to think the West is getting pretty weak.  The Lakers are clearly the class of the WC but there is noboy to really challenge them.  The Celtics are clearly the class of the ENTIRE league and they have two solid teams in Orlando and the Cavs to challenge them and keep them sharp, IMO the Hawks and Suns are not for real and every other team in the EC is a waste of space.  I'm very disappointed in the Jazz and injuries have really derailed the up and comming Blazers.  I really don't know what to make of the Mavs, they could be as good as the Magic and Cavs or as "fake" as the Hawks.

It comes down to how do the stumbling Spurs and streaky Nuggets compared to the Magic and Cavs, with the Mavs being an X-Factor team.  Will those teams in the WC get it together to offer a legit comparison to the Magic and Cavs?  It does not seem that Lakers are playing all that well since their record and inflated defensive stats have been built upon very mediocre teams, clearly the Celtics are head and shoulders above the rest.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 09:48:43 AM »
WOW I'd say the crowd's reaction was also another indictment of the LA education system.  You can't do an damage with a foam finger!  Duuuuhh!!!  Take a hint from Twins fans who pelted Chuck Knoblauch with coins and batteries.   Better yet, learn from the legendary Vikings incident and hit the ref with a whiskey bottle.   
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 05:44:20 PM »
WOW I'd say the crowd's reaction was also another indictment of the LA education system.  You can't do an damage with a foam finger!  Duuuuhh!!!  Take a hint from Twins fans who pelted Chuck Knoblauch with coins and batteries.   Better yet, learn from the legendary Vikings incident and hit the ref with a whiskey bottle.   

LeBron said after that game that something like a battery whizzed by his head during the foam finger revolt.

It is beyond me why the fans reacted like that anyway.

Kings got to play the Cavs, the Lakers, and the Nuggets all in a row this past week, at home. An overtime loss, a double-overtime loss, and a win in regulation were good signs the Kings are getting there.

But the average age of the Kings' starting lineup was young, young, young. It was 21.6 years old - the youngest ever for the team. Two rookies started, and a second year player in Donte Greene, who was hardly visable, let alone active on the court much, last year.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

jemagee

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 06:02:23 PM »
Kings should beat the sixers tomorrow

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 07:31:28 PM »
Kings should beat the sixers tomorrow

Rumor mill is active in SacTown. Trade thoughts up to the deadline are the Kings are interested in either Okefor or Dalembert. Trade bait from the Kings is the expiring contract of Kenny Thomas and also Andres Nocioni. To match those Kings' salaries, (about $16 million combined), another guy would probably have to be sent to Sacramento, though.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

jemagee

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 07:33:43 PM »
The sixers have been trying to trade Dalembert for close to a year now, if the Kings trade for him (since, he is bad and signed through next year) I'll think less of Petrie...he has the offensive skills of a drunk 1 legged hyena

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2009, 09:59:22 AM »
I suppose I should have known WOW was at least smart enough to through something with some heft.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2009, 02:43:18 PM »
The sixers have been trying to trade Dalembert for close to a year now, if the Kings trade for him (since, he is bad and signed through next year) I'll think less of Petrie...he has the offensive skills of a drunk 1 legged hyena

I take it you mean Dalembert, not Petrie.

Petrie is more often right about players. But after Webber got hurt, he went into a tailspin for a while. He looks to have righted himself this year.

Suppose you all may have noticed Petrie signed a three year extension yesterday to stay in Sactown. As a sign of the times, he will make 4 million to finish out this season and his new contract that kicks in next year calls for him to make 1.2, 1.3, and 1.4 million over the three years of the deal.

And he is happy with the deal!!!

jemagee

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2009, 02:45:49 PM »
Saw that about petrie, and the pay cut

in other news, many people are submitting plans for new kings stadiums these days - not sure if a new stadium gets built but the new mayor (formber NBA'er) is trying to save the team (it seems)