Author Topic: Congratulations to Skander...  (Read 5477 times)

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Congratulations to Skander...
« on: December 18, 2009, 12:48:39 PM »
I was waiting to give Skander a chance to post the news, but he's not gotten to it, so...

Welcome to the world, TAYSIR ALEXANDER YALAOUI - 21 inches, 9 pounds, 4.7 ounces - born on 12-15.  This is Skander and Shannyn's first child.

The proud father has already decided his son's favorite sport had better be basketball.

And the proud father's friends have all decided his son is going to be a point guard.  We don't see any way Skander's going to give Taysir the ball enough to ever develop into a 2-guard.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Congratulations to Skander...
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 01:09:11 PM »
Congrats Skandy
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 01:44:07 PM »
Great news!  Congrats Skandy!
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 02:07:56 PM »
Congrats Skandypants.

I hope Skandy will be a good enough father to get his kid some Lakers baby booties.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jemagee

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 02:30:26 PM »
Congratulations...

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 10:08:45 PM »
Happy for you Skander! Nothing like a first baby to turn your world upside down.

And it safe for us to assume that the mom is okay?

Congrats to you both.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 12:06:28 PM »
Do we need to hope she looks more like the mom?
 :D Just kidding. 
congratulations.

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 12:49:13 PM »
Congrats Skander!!  I take it you will be starting him off right, and have him watch all the BCS games he can right from the beginning  :P  ;D?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 03:20:17 PM by ziggy »
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 08:33:22 AM »
Congrats, skander.  Keep in mind that missed memories can never be recaptured.  Enjoy all of them with your son.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 11:38:06 AM »
Congratulations, Skander. Make sure you raise him to be a Bulls fan so he understands disappointment.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

jemagee

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2009, 01:48:02 PM »
Congratulations, Skander. Make sure you raise him to be a Bulls fan so he understands disappointment.
Shouldn't he be a kings fan, cause then he can understand heart rending unfair disappointment and how everyone is against them, then he'll really be ready for the world

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2009, 01:52:45 PM »
Shouldn't he be a kings fan, cause then he can understand heart rending unfair disappointment and how everyone is against them, then he'll really be ready for the world

No I am thinking he should be a Sixers fan.  That way he can grow up understanding that sometimes people in power make decisions that make no sense at all (like the current Sixers coach).  That is an important life lesson when it comes to many things in this country.  Politics and business especially.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2009, 01:55:56 PM »

No I am thinking he should be a Sixers fan.  That way he can grow up understanding that sometimes people in power make decisions that make no sense at all (like the current Sixers coach).  That is an important life lesson when it comes to many things in this country.  Politics and business especially.

And he can also learn that the people up front aren't always the problems, the people behind the scenes can be just as bad (the problems with the sixers go higher than jordan, above stefanski, and straight to ownership, this isn't a new issue ;) )

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2009, 01:58:33 PM »

I agree. This has worked great for me.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2009, 02:00:16 PM »

How 'bout making him a Lakers fan. Then he could go through live without anyone bothering him - buried under everyone else on the bandwagon.