Author Topic: Kobe OWNS!!!!  (Read 21620 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kobe OWNS!!!!
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2010, 05:46:02 PM »
I don't mind extra christmas day games - that makes sense in the 'well if they watch two, maybe htey'll watch five' more is always better kind of thing.

I'm talking about the spurs have 3 games in 4 days, but some times you'll have a team that doesn't play for close to a week, or the fact that the sixers wiz finished their four game season series last night and the season isn't over...i can see a east/west 2 game series being complete, but 4 game series shouldn't be over yet.

The lakers have only played 11 games on the road while some teams have played as many as 18 (i think 18 was the most, i just did a rough count from the standings)

Teams like Chicago always lead in the amount of road games at the start of the year because the circus comes to town.  As far as the Sixers and Washington already finishing up their series, that happens.  Sometimes it's due to proximity to the team.  A trip to DC is not that far from Philly and without looking at the schedule I bet they played a few games against them while they were playing other teams close to them (correct me if I am wrong)  The Lakers have already played the Rockets 3 times.

The Lakers being at home a buncht has to do with events planned at Staples in 2010 from what I am told such as the PAC 10 tournament in March, along with some concerts.  You also have to factor in that the Clippers, Kings, and Lakers all use the facilities.  You can't really have the Kings, Clippers, and Lakers all play on the same days.  Also, I think they've tried to limit the times of where a Kings game will happen before a basketball game because the ice always makes the hardwood very slick.

I actually don't think it is a good they've played at home so much.  I think it takes away a teams edge to be at home that much.  The Lakers have been a pretty good road team the last few years and them losing that edge from sitting in Los Angeles for most of this year is BAD.  Not good.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2010, 05:48:54 PM »
  Also, I think they've tried to limit the times of where a Kings game will happen before a basketball game because the ice always makes the hardwood very slick.

You often hear about how a game in boston or philadlephia was played after a hockey game that afternoon - and how the change was so quick and seamless - why can't they do that at staples?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2010, 06:08:31 PM »
  Also, I think they've tried to limit the times of where a Kings game will happen before a basketball game because the ice always makes the hardwood very slick.

You often hear about how a game in boston or philadlephia was played after a hockey game that afternoon - and how the change was so quick and seamless - why can't they do that at staples?

I didn't say it was slow or cumbersome to switch the floor out.  I said that the moisture makes the hardwood slick.

jemagee

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2010, 06:10:53 PM »
I didn't say it was slow or cumbersome to switch the floor out.  I said that the moisture makes the hardwood slick.

Yeah, but I don't recall hearing boston or philadlephia announcers making similar complaints when it happes in boston or philly was kind of my point...maybe i just don't watch enough of either team when they make that switch

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2010, 06:15:00 PM »

Yeah, but I don't recall hearing boston or philadlephia announcers making similar complaints when it happes in boston or philly was kind of my point...maybe i just don't watch enough of either team when they make that switch

The announcers of the Lakers or Clippers don't really talk about it.  I just notice when they play after a Kings game that there is a lot of moisture on the court and people slip quite a bit in weird spots.  The fact that there is two basketball teams that play at Staples as oppose to one basketball team per stadium in the two cities you mention is why it is more noticeable.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2010, 06:49:24 PM »

I was going to follow up to ask you how you think he was able to accomplish a turn around but this answers it.  Being a 'fair' coach in terms of minutes goes along way in a league where most players, good or average, seem to have an over inflated view of their own skills and expect a lot of playing time.

Btw, is Garcia's return still slated for Feb after the all-star break?  There hasn't been much said in the mainstream media about it (not that you are surprised really) and I have him on my fantasy basketball team so I was curious.  It has been quite a long time since he broke his wrist, is something else up?  Rehab not going as planned?  Anything you heard from the local guys up there?

I can tell you that Garcia returned to practise yesterday and that means he is from 2 to 3 weeks away. Martin is closer to playing again by about 10 days.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

jemagee

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2010, 07:19:30 PM »
Martin is closer to playing again by about 10 days.

And then We'll see how good a coach westphal really is

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2010, 02:10:07 AM »

Blair was leading for the most part of the season until about a week ago.  Moronovich then pulled a stunt whereupon he did not start Timmy Dunkan nor Blair, even tho they had ripped off 5 of 6 wins and by all accounts (except probably Lurkers) were playing extremely well together, as had GNob and Blair.

I have been trying to ignore your incoherent ramblings but then every once in a while insanity strikes...

The Spurs played 3 games in 4 days in 3 cities.  Pop used the Raptor game as a throw away because, unlike you, he understands that being healthy and winning in May/June is more important than 1 game in early Jan.  And with Duncan sitting the entire first quarter and part of the second they still almost won.

Besides look at losses and tell me how many teams have less than the Spurs?
:D :D Congratulations.  You are now fully qualified to have *Spurs* discussions with westkoast.  Not that you weren't qualified before, but now you are fully certified and qualified.

When a player starts and plays 30 minutes, or comes off the bench and plays 30 minutes, either way he still played 30 game minutes.  Speaking of Tim Dunkan.  Use those accounting skills to grasp.

Using the "Spurs will just flip the switch in May/June" used to work when Timmy Dunkar was the undisputed realMVP, GNob was healthy, Bruce Bowen was on the team, Mike Finley was not, Matt Bonner was not, and Pops responsibilities were to roll out the pre game basketballs.  Things have changed in the NBA, and the Spurs have both aged and changed their game to build around Mike Finley and Bonner.  While the Spurs may indeed do well in May/June, and heavens knows RealSpurs hope they overcome 'Popped, the flip the switch all is good is nonsense.
They hammered another very sub .500 team.  Against the NBA elite and for that matter +.500 teams the Spurs are like 2-10.  So RealSpurs are hoping to see plenty more of Blair alongside Duncan continued.  9-2 when Blairdog gets 20+ minutes.  I'll let you Lurker do the stats on the Spurs record with Finley out.  Then do Bonner.  ;)  :D :D

« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 10:04:55 AM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2010, 10:21:13 AM »

Blair was leading for the most part of the season until about a week ago.  Moronovich then pulled a stunt whereupon he did not start Timmy Dunkan nor Blair, even tho they had ripped off 5 of 6 wins and by all accounts (except probably Lurkers) were playing extremely well together, as had GNob and Blair.

I have been trying to ignore your incoherent ramblings but then every once in a while insanity strikes...

The Spurs played 3 games in 4 days in 3 cities.  Pop used the Raptor game as a throw away because, unlike you, he understands that being healthy and winning in May/June is more important than 1 game in early Jan.  And with Duncan sitting the entire first quarter and part of the second they still almost won.

Besides look at losses and tell me how many teams have less than the Spurs?
:D :D Congratulations.  You are now fully qualified to have *Spurs* discussions with westkoast.  Not that you weren't qualified before, but now you are fully certified and qualified.

When a player starts and plays 30 minutes, or comes off the bench and plays 30 minutes, either way he still played 30 game minutes.  Speaking of Tim Dunkan.  Use those accounting skills to grasp.

Using the "Spurs will just flip the switch in May/June" used to work when Timmy Dunkar was the undisputed realMVP, GNob was healthy, Bruce Bowen was on the team, Mike Finley was not, Matt Bonner was not, and Pops responsibilities were to roll out the pre game basketballs.  Things have changed in the NBA, and the Spurs have both aged and changed their game to build around Mike Finley and Bonner.  While the Spurs may indeed do well in May/June, and heavens knows RealSpurs hope they overcome 'Popped, the flip the switch all is good is nonsense.
They hammered another very sub .500 team.  Against the NBA elite and for that matter +.500 teams the Spurs are like 2-10.  So RealSpurs are hoping to see plenty more of Blair alongside Duncan continued.  9-2 when Blairdog gets 20+ minutes.  I'll let you Lurker do the stats on the Spurs record with Finley out.  Then do Bonner.  ;)  :D :D

The saddest part about you is that you think you know more than you actually do.  I'll sit back and wait for the Lurker smack down so I can chuckle for a bit.  Happens EVERY TIME you try to challenge him about the Spurs.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 11:09:51 AM by westkoast »

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2010, 11:02:10 AM »

Is it more important for the 30 minutes to include the first quarter or the fourth quarter?

The rest of your ramble only verifies your total lack of understanding of the finer nuances of a 82 game season and a roster with 4 new players (incl 3 new starters) in the 9 man rotation.  Add in 2 players in their 2nd season with the Spurs (Hill, Mason) as well as none of those 6 really playing with Manu and the team SHOULD have struggled out of the gate.  If you can do the math that means Parker, Duncan and Manu are the only Spurs that are getting major minutes that have been in Pop's scheme for more than 1+ season.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2010, 11:18:13 AM »

Is it more important for the 30 minutes to include the first quarter or the fourth quarter?

The rest of your ramble only verifies your total lack of understanding of the finer nuances of a 82 game season and a roster with 4 new players (incl 3 new starters) in the 9 man rotation.  Add in 2 players in their 2nd season with the Spurs (Hill, Mason) as well as none of those 6 really playing with Manu and the team SHOULD have struggled out of the gate.  If you can do the math that means Parker, Duncan and Manu are the only Spurs that are getting major minutes that have been in Pop's scheme for more than 1+ season.

I should add that getting a 45% 3 pt shooter (#6 in league) back in the rotation should help.  Then the Spurs will have 4 out of 10 players with 2+ years of experience in Pop's system.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2010, 07:48:16 PM »
STILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2010, 02:42:38 PM »

To keep it simple a numbering system has been developed for you PopApologists.

#1 is the "Pops *system* takes a year or two to learn."
What a weak excuse.
Championships with Brent Barrdog in year one, also Man From Nazr who for that matter came over at the half season mark.  :D :D  Got another lamer excuse?  Of course you do.  ;) 
Ron Artest fitting in with the Flamers as is Brown the outcast shooting guard.  Payton and Malone did not take over a year to learn Phil Winters offense, a new *system* for them.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2010, 02:53:15 PM »
To the topic WoWkoast, Artests greasy forced 6 footer that he flipped up towards the backboard in desperation as he was D'd up well, it took a goofy bounce and fell in.  That, along with his Derek Swishereske flopping 30 feet and into the crowd for the bogus call against Pierce (who made the shot with 27 seconds left btw), that was the game changers in the end yesterday.  Not Kobes jumper, altho it was a nice basic 17 foot jumper nothing special.  Kobes who on the way pushed off on Ray Allen just as Pierce did on Artest.  :D :D  (not that i wanted some weak assed offensive call in that case, just that you got it against Pierce.)

Question Pierce giving up the final shot to 0-6 treys Ray Allen, but i figure Piece was spooked after the previous *offensive foul* he got vs Artest.

Yeah the NBA refs let em play in the final minute, right?

Winnin Laker Style.  :D ;)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2010, 04:24:34 PM »
To the topic WoWkoast, Artests greasy forced 6 footer that he flipped up towards the backboard in desperation as he was D'd up well, it took a goofy bounce and fell in.  That, along with his Derek Swishereske flopping 30 feet and into the crowd for the bogus call against Pierce (who made the shot with 27 seconds left btw), that was the game changers in the end yesterday.  Not Kobes jumper, altho it was a nice basic 17 foot jumper nothing special.  Kobes who on the way pushed off on Ray Allen just as Pierce did on Artest.  :D :D  (not that i wanted some weak assed offensive call in that case, just that you got it against Pierce.)

Question Pierce giving up the final shot to 0-6 treys Ray Allen, but i figure Piece was spooked after the previous *offensive foul* he got vs Artest.

Yeah the NBA refs let em play in the final minute, right?

Winnin Laker Style.  :D ;)

No actually Paul Pierce pushed off Ron Artest and sent him flying.  Though I already know your response.  Artest, whom you loved in the past, has learned the fine art of flopping from Derek Fisher in just 40 some odd games.  The refs somehow needed the Lakers to beat the Celtics.  They wished in Kobe's jumper and they made sure to move the rim when Ray Allen chucked up his shot.  The Lakers didn't win this one!  It was all cheating!

Did I sum it off well enough?