Author Topic: Kobe OWNS!!!!  (Read 21613 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kobe OWNS!!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2010, 10:33:42 AM »
Kobe does it AGAIN!!!!
Jomal,
heresay Kobme clearly had a foot out of bounds on his Kings *gamewinner*.
Did you see?

Ah, cue the Kobeworshippers

Paul Westphal was looking down at his foot as he was shooting it.  If Kobe stepped out he would have said something.  He didn't. 

I love when the Lakers win.  Double when it's clear that is the only thing that keeps you from posting bs.  It's not like we don't see you starving for attention making threads no one is responding to  :D
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2010, 01:35:33 PM »
Here is what you should take away from both of the Laker/Kings games played recently.

The Kings had their chances to win both of them, but for whatever reasons - free throw shooting and lack of poise at the end of the games - did not succeed in doing so. Kobe gets the star treatment these situations and that is that, but he made a heck of shot regardless.

But consider this. The average age of the Kings' starters in these games? 22.4 in the first one and 22.6 in the second one, and both are brought up because of oldster Beno Udrih and his 27 years. If Evans had been in the second game instead of Beno, the average age would have been the normal 21.2 that the Kings have been using with both Garcia and Martin out.

Which is the other point. Both Kevin Martin and his 30 points a game, and Francisco Garcia with his savvy and playmaking skills, have been out almost the entire season so far. The Lakers, with all of their veteran players, had to go to double overtime and a last second shot to subdue these kids. Once they stop turning the ball over so much and figure out why they get ticky tack foul calls all the time. it should be a very interesting team to watch, and they already are getting some attention for their play of late.

Donte Greene, BTW, has gone from "the bust the Kings got for Ron Artest" to possibly the MIP under Westphal in his second year.   
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2010, 05:36:17 PM »
Here is what you should take away from both of the Laker/Kings games played recently.

The Kings had their chances to win both of them, but for whatever reasons - free throw shooting and lack of poise at the end of the games - did not succeed in doing so. Kobe gets the star treatment these situations and that is that, but he made a heck of shot regardless.

But consider this. The average age of the Kings' starters in these games? 22.4 in the first one and 22.6 in the second one, and both are brought up because of oldster Beno Udrih and his 27 years. If Evans had been in the second game instead of Beno, the average age would have been the normal 21.2 that the Kings have been using with both Garcia and Martin out.

Which is the other point. Both Kevin Martin and his 30 points a game, and Francisco Garcia with his savvy and playmaking skills, have been out almost the entire season so far. The Lakers, with all of their veteran players, had to go to double overtime and a last second shot to subdue these kids. Once they stop turning the ball over so much and figure out why they get ticky tack foul calls all the time. it should be a very interesting team to watch, and they already are getting some attention for their play of late.

Donte Greene, BTW, has gone from "the bust the Kings got for Ron Artest" to possibly the MIP under Westphal in his second year.   

Are you as surprised as I am what Westphal is getting them to do?  Correct me if I am wrong since I don't see them but 8-10 times a year on tv but they seem to be playing much harder than they did the last few years under Reggie.  The roster is pretty much the same, might even argue its not as good with them missing a key player, and they are giving a number of teams a run for their money.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2010, 06:40:41 PM »
Well....yeah, that is what I am saying.

Donte Greene is the best example. This kid was clueless last year. His idea of getting involved in the offense was to shoot a three every time he touched the ball. His defense was worse. Now, Westphal is putting him on the other teams' shooting guard most nights. At 6'11" and playing even longer, he is becoming close to shut down because he plays at the speed of much smaller players.

But to be honest, Reggie and the other guy who replaced him (yeah, I can't even remember his name......Natt????) could not reach Greene. Westphal has given the Kings a "team" concept and somehow (I really can't figure this one out) it seems he gets everyone on the roster playing time at important points of every game - and they all like it and buy into it. It certainly helps that this off-season Petrie outdid himself with getting some quality out of a strange draft (remember, with the worst record in the League last year, the Kings ended up drafting fourth) and one good draft day trade that got us Jon Brockman and Sergio Rodriguez. He gets them all playing time and every game a different player is getting all the stats. Which tells you he figures out mismatches quickly and is putting players out on the court who can exploit them the best on any given night.

While Casspi and Evans are legit first rounders, Brockman was viewed as something other then a bonified NBA player. He was very popular at Washington for his hustle. What he actually does is play basketball more like a tight end in football. He loves contact under the basket. He loves bashing into opponents (and sometimes teammates) getting rebounds. I saw a rookie comparison somewhere on the Internet comparing Thabeet of the Grizzlies and Blair of the Spurs, if they played all 48 minutes a game, how Blair would be getting 16.6 rebounds per game while Thabeet would only be getting 13.8. Nice, but both would trail Brockman's 17.7 for all rookies, which was #1. Still not sure what kind of player this guy will be, since he still is an undersized PF at 6'7" with short arms, but playing against him must be nerve-wracking because no one seems willing to get near him under either basket. That includes his own teammates.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 06:43:08 PM by JoMal »
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2010, 02:50:23 PM »
Kobe does it AGAIN!!!!
Jomal,
Did you see?

Paul Westphal was looking down at his foot as he was shooting it.  If Kobe stepped out he would have said something.  He didn't. 

I love when the Lakers win.  Double when it's clear that is the only thing that keeps you from posting bs.  It's not like we don't see you starving for attention making threads no one is responding to  :D
As you can see i was talking to Jomal.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2010, 02:58:13 PM »
While Casspi and Evans are legit first rounders, Brockman was viewed as something other then a bonified NBA player. He was very popular at Washington for his hustle. What he actually does is play basketball more like a tight end in football. He loves contact under the basket. He loves bashing into opponents (and sometimes teammates) getting rebounds. I saw a rookie comparison somewhere on the Internet comparing Thabeet of the Grizzlies and Blair of the Spurs, if they played all 48 minutes a game, how Blair would be getting 16.6 rebounds per game while Thabeet would only be getting 13.8. Nice, but both would trail Brockman's 17.7 for all rookies, which was #1. Still not sure what kind of player this guy will be, since he still is an undersized PF at 6'7" with short arms, but playing against him must be nerve-wracking because no one seems willing to get near him under either basket. That includes his own teammates.
Blair was leading for the most part of the season until about a week ago.  Moronovich then pulled a stunt whereupon he did not start Timmy Dunkan nor Blair, even tho they had ripped off 5 of 6 wins and by all accounts (except probably Lurkers) were playing extremely well together, as had GNob and Blair.

At any rate Brockman must have been rebounding well all year (and had some monster games recently?) to overtake Blair.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2010, 03:02:11 PM »
Kobe does it AGAIN!!!!
Jomal,
Did you see?

As you can see i was talking to Jomal.

As you can see this is a public forum and I corrected your obvious BS lie you just made up.  No one who watched the game would have said Kobe was on the line because you could see Paul look down at his foot.  For a guy who cries about posting and analyzing video all the time this is pretty funny.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2010, 03:41:35 PM »
As you can see this is a public forum and   No one who watched the game would have said Kobe was on the line because you could see Paul look down at his foot.  For a guy who cries about posting and analyzing video all the time this is pretty funny.

Reality: 
Jomal,
Did you see?

I really did not see the game.  I really did have a non Laker tell me Kobes foot was out of bounds.  I really did want to know if Jomal saw the play.

B-Rad if you'd like to cut n past whatever it is (you claim) i posted that is "I (you) corrected your obvious BS lie you just made up.", i will be glad to respond.  Otherwise I'm going to have to ask you to run along, perhaps W.O.W. has a chore for you to do or you two can work out something needing to be worked out between you two.

Moving on,
Thought of you with a chuckle Jomal on the other "Kobe Owns!!" game and wondered if you saw and got the same chuckle myself, Paul Westfall and most if not all NON Laker Krishnas got.
It was the double OT game.  In regulation, Donte Green blocked Bryants jumper (Kobe Owns!!) with 52 seconds to play.  The Kings and Lakers then took turns missing, Beno clanking a 16 footer and Gasol clanking both fta's.

1st OT the Kings pissed away a 101-94 lead but to 101-99 but still had the ball and the lead with a minute to go.  You just knew who was gonna get involved, you only needed to wonder how.  Tweet!  Omri Casspi called for palming the ball!   :D :D  I looked at the other non Krishas in the sports bar and then the camera moved to Casspi then Westfall.  It was classic.  Westfall was initially upset of course, then just laughed as ALL in attendance and viewing knew what had really come down.  The conversation went to when was the last time you saw an NBA player get rung up for palming.

Back to Brockman and the other rookies, many of them putting up good rebounds per minute numbers.  With the stats you posted on the Kings median age, sounds like a real rebuilding process is taking place.  New stadium, good young team??

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2010, 05:20:39 PM »
As you can see this is a public forum and   No one who watched the game would have said Kobe was on the line because you could see Paul look down at his foot.  For a guy who cries about posting and analyzing video all the time this is pretty funny.

Reality: 
Jomal,
Did you see?

I really did not see the game.  I really did have a non Laker tell me Kobes foot was out of bounds.  I really did want to know if Jomal saw the play.

B-Rad if you'd like to cut n past whatever it is (you claim) i posted that is "I (you) corrected your obvious BS lie you just made up.", i will be glad to respond.  Otherwise I'm going to have to ask you to run along, perhaps W.O.W. has a chore for you to do or you two can work out something needing to be worked out between you two.

Moving on,
Thought of you with a chuckle Jomal on the other "Kobe Owns!!" game and wondered if you saw and got the same chuckle myself, Paul Westfall and most if not all NON Laker Krishnas got.
It was the double OT game.  In regulation, Donte Green blocked Bryants jumper (Kobe Owns!!) with 52 seconds to play.  The Kings and Lakers then took turns missing, Beno clanking a 16 footer and Gasol clanking both fta's.

1st OT the Kings pissed away a 101-94 lead but to 101-99 but still had the ball and the lead with a minute to go.  You just knew who was gonna get involved, you only needed to wonder how.  Tweet!  Omri Casspi called for palming the ball!   :D :D  I looked at the other non Krishas in the sports bar and then the camera moved to Casspi then Westfall.  It was classic.  Westfall was initially upset of course, then just laughed as ALL in attendance and viewing knew what had really come down.  The conversation went to when was the last time you saw an NBA player get rung up for palming.

Back to Brockman and the other rookies, many of them putting up good rebounds per minute numbers.  With the stats you posted on the Kings median age, sounds like a real rebuilding process is taking place.  New stadium, good young team??

The 'I heard from another person Kobe stepped out of bounce' was a lie.  You didn't hear anyone say that.  That was something you made up yourself.  It's pretty clear that it didn't come from someone who watched the game for the following reasons:

1) You can clearly see Paul Westphal look down as Kobe is shooting to check his foot.

2) There was ZERO complaints about it from any of the players and coaching staff sitting right there.  Had he stepped out, someone would have said something.  It was shot RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE KINGS BENCHS FOR CHRIST SAKES.

As for running along, I suggest you go out and get some fresh air.   The Lakers have only lost 6 games  and you are looking extra pathetic here http://forums.phillyarena.com/index.php?topic=5982.0 and here http://forums.phillyarena.com/index.php?topic=5957.0  Maybe someone could float you some sea world passes so you won't be so bored and pathetic sitting inside your house.  Clearly when the Lakers are winning you have nothing to really post about.  Not that you ever add to a basketball conversation around here but at least it isn't quite as pathetic of you loading up photoshop and nothing else.

Or you could just pick a basketball team, stick with them when they don't win championships, and focus in on talking about them.  For such a "huge" Spurs fan you haven't posted jack about them.  I can't imagine why.  Nope, instead you are chosing to discuss which players look like lesbians and posting up pictures from last year of Laker fans as if anyone wants to really discuss that.  Or even further can't see the motive for you posting this.  Everyone knows the Lakers are doing good and you are desperate to take shots but cant LOL!

Here is a word of advise genius, if you don't want people adding their two cents to a basketball discussion then PM that person or EMAIL them.  That way you don't have to worry about other people on a PUBLIC NBA DISCUSSION BOARD chiming in to discuss basketball.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 05:22:23 PM by westkoast »

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2010, 05:24:33 PM »

Blair was leading for the most part of the season until about a week ago.  Moronovich then pulled a stunt whereupon he did not start Timmy Dunkan nor Blair, even tho they had ripped off 5 of 6 wins and by all accounts (except probably Lurkers) were playing extremely well together, as had GNob and Blair.

I have been trying to ignore your incoherent ramblings but then every once in a while insanity strikes...

The Spurs played 3 games in 4 days in 3 cities.  Pop used the Raptor game as a throw away because, unlike you, he understands that being healthy and winning in May/June is more important than 1 game in early Jan.  And with Duncan sitting the entire first quarter and part of the second they still almost won.

Besides look at losses and tell me how many teams have less than the Spurs?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2010, 05:26:55 PM »

But to be honest, Reggie and the other guy who replaced him (yeah, I can't even remember his name......Natt????) could not reach Greene. Westphal has given the Kings a "team" concept and somehow (I really can't figure this one out) it seems he gets everyone on the roster playing time at important points of every game - and they all like it and buy into it. It certainly helps that this off-season Petrie outdid himself with getting some quality out of a strange draft (remember, with the worst record in the League last year, the Kings ended up drafting fourth) and one good draft day trade that got us Jon Brockman and Sergio Rodriguez. He gets them all playing time and every game a different player is getting all the stats. Which tells you he figures out mismatches quickly and is putting players out on the court who can exploit them the best on any given night.

I was going to follow up to ask you how you think he was able to accomplish a turn around but this answers it.  Being a 'fair' coach in terms of minutes goes along way in a league where most players, good or average, seem to have an over inflated view of their own skills and expect a lot of playing time.

Btw, is Garcia's return still slated for Feb after the all-star break?  There hasn't been much said in the mainstream media about it (not that you are surprised really) and I have him on my fantasy basketball team so I was curious.  It has been quite a long time since he broke his wrist, is something else up?  Rehab not going as planned?  Anything you heard from the local guys up there?

jemagee

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2010, 05:27:26 PM »
I have been trying to ignore your incoherent ramblings but then every once in a while insanity strikes...

There's a pretty useful function on this board that makes it pretty easy

The Spurs played 3 games in 4 days in 3 cities. 

Am I the only person who sometimes marvels at how ridiculous the NBA scheduling folk are?

jemagee

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2010, 05:28:43 PM »
Btw, is Garcia's return still slated for Feb after the all-star break?  There hasn't been much said in the mainstream media about it (not that you are surprised really) and I have him on my fantasy basketball team so I was curious.  It has been quite a long time since he broke his wrist, is something else up?  Rehab not going as planned?  Anything you heard from the local guys up there?

From the NY Times

Kings swingman Francisco Garcia returned to practice Monday for the first time since breaking his right wrist in October. He is still at least a few weeks away from returning to game action

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2010, 05:29:00 PM »

Am I the only person who sometimes marvels at how ridiculous the NBA scheduling folk are?

I was doing the same thing when I saw all the games on Christmas day.  I mean damn who the hell wants to spend their Christmas watching the CLIPPERS?  Who scheduled that one? LOL.

jemagee

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2010, 05:32:14 PM »
I don't mind extra christmas day games - that makes sense in the 'well if they watch two, maybe htey'll watch five' more is always better kind of thing.

I'm talking about the spurs have 3 games in 4 days, but some times you'll have a team that doesn't play for close to a week, or the fact that the sixers wiz finished their four game season series last night and the season isn't over...i can see a east/west 2 game series being complete, but 4 game series shouldn't be over yet.

The lakers have only played 11 games on the road while some teams have played as many as 18 (i think 18 was the most, i just did a rough count from the standings)