Author Topic: NFL wrap. What was Belichek thinking?  (Read 854 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
NFL wrap. What was Belichek thinking?
« on: November 16, 2009, 12:47:47 AM »
I was totally pulling for the Colts but what a distrust of his defense.
Pats going for it on 4th and 2 from their own 27 with 1:30 to play.  Wow.

Eagles Andy Reid thank you for the white flag waving failure to go for it what, 2-3 times on 4th and less then one?  And your 3rd and 1 pass calls preceding.  Is Phillys run game really that weak or were you just being way overly conservative?  Good grief work Vick in there somehow.

Saints you're impressive but you are hardly unbeatable.

Cinci you are very impressive.

Denver looking like a repeat collapse like last year.

Brett Farve you are ageless.

Green Bay, Carolina NFC sleepers who could surprise in playoffs.

ATL i thought you were for real, no?

jemagee

Re: NFL wrap. What was Belichek thinking?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 09:40:53 AM »
He was thinking - my defense can't stop the colts but the colts defense hasn't been good at stopping my team

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: NFL wrap. What was Belichek thinking?
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 12:43:55 PM »
While i am not among the ones who dogmatically say "bad call", i do think Belichek rather dissed his defense.
That having been said, if the running back who caught the ball, Kevin Faulk, does not bobble the ball as the db is driving him backwords, i think the spot may have been enough for the 1st down.  Ended up being short by about 7 inches.  The ref correctly made the spot at the point where Faulk secured the ball.

On all 4th downs of going for it (not just game enders), the Pats have an excellent ratio of "fourth-and-2 or shorter 68 out of 89 times (76.4 percent) since 2001, Brady's first year as a starter."