Author Topic: Don't Punch and Drive  (Read 776 times)

jemagee

Don't Punch and Drive
« on: October 27, 2009, 06:19:04 PM »
Boston Celtics forward Glen Davis(notes) told Yahoo! Sports on Tuesday that he will be sidelined six to eight weeks after breaking his right thumb while trying to protect himself from a friend who slugged him while driving.

Davis said the incident happened early Sunday morning when Davis? girlfriend, Jenna Gomez, one of her girlfriends and one of his high school friends were returning to his home after celebrating Gomez?s birthday. Davis said he and his high school friend got into a heated debate over some ?personal issues,? and the friend, who was driving their vehicle, threw a punch at Davis. Davis retaliated by throwing a punch back that broke his hand.

Davis underwent surgery on Tuesday to repair the thumb at a Boston suburban hospital.

?I was defending myself,? Davis said in a phone interview with Yahoo! Sports. ?I wasn?t just fighting. I feel like I let my team down by breaking my hand. I let my team down trying to defend myself. I have to make better decisions on how I choose my friends.?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AomZi574o7h661FMJc01.4q8vLYF?slug=mc-davisceltics102709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns