Author Topic: Sixers Raps 10-07  (Read 9478 times)

jemagee

Sixers Raps 10-07
« on: October 07, 2009, 06:31:39 PM »
Again, not sure of dereks rules but jordans blog (LB) has a link within it's game thread if you want it

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sixers Raps 10-07
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 06:50:26 PM »
Brezec is a scrub, but at least he understands the game.  Nice two man game right there between him and Kapono. 

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 06:51:08 PM »
great D by Holiday

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 07:56:17 PM »
Again, not sure of dereks rules

what I don't see, I don't care about.

and I might just stick my head in the sand on this issue.

jemagee

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 08:02:46 PM »
Ok - I'll keep that in mind - i'll 'mask' it a bit in a link tag so it doesn't stare you in the face :)

Heck If i'm feeling really creative i'll use bit.ly so you'll have no idea where it's really going :)

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 08:10:47 PM »
I wish this back court of Singletary and Ivey wasn't staring me in the face.  Man is that ugly. 

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 09:12:20 PM »
Pretty poor game by the Sixers, weren't shooting well or getting enough easy buckets. Are they that out of shape that they couldn't go in a back to back game? Starters only got 25 min. More concerned about their lack of performance when they were in the game. Nice to see Jordan give the scrubs a chance. Too bad they didn't impress! Glad they won, but disappointed not to see Hedo and Bosh play.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 09:16:58 PM »
Holiday's handle looks pretty damn refined for being just 19 years old.  His shot also appears to be better than advertised with nice form and 3 pt range.  The concerning part is that he's got 5 turnovers and 0 assists in his first 2 games.  That said, no reason to push the panic button yet given the personnel sharing the floor with him.  

Speights showed some restraint offensively and he showed up on the glass in both games.  Needs to put it all together now.  Smith needs to find some kind of a rhythm.  He hasn't really shown anything yet.  

26-28 from the free throw line.  That's what sealed it for us.  

jemagee

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 10:07:09 PM »
Holiday's handle looks pretty damn refined for being just 19 years old.  His shot also appears to be better than advertised with nice form and 3 pt range.  The concerning part is that he's got 5 turnovers and 0 assists in his first 2 games.  That said, no reason to push the panic button yet given the personnel sharing the floor with him. 

Iguodala's turnover numbers are pretty high so far as well aren't they?

jemagee

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 10:09:06 PM »
I haven't watched either game yet but reading a bunch of different folks comments - I'm now officially concerned about those work ethic whispers that circulated around Speights before he was drafted.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 10:19:30 PM »
Yes, Iguodala has had 11 turnovers in the 2 games.  Way too many. 

I've only seen parts of the two games, so its obviously difficult to determine if those work ethic rumors are holding true so far for Speights.  The thing that concerns me is that he rarely goes inside on offense.  From what I've seen he lives about 20 feet out.  Maybe this is just a product of his role in the offense... maybe he's too lazy to establish position down low... need to see more to know what the deal is.  The one positive I've seen is that he does appear to be making an effort to get after rebounds. 

jemagee

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2009, 10:20:49 PM »
How does speights look on the defensive end - that's really where i had a concern last hyear - he had like nothing defensively

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2009, 06:57:27 AM »
he seems to have been better on the defensive boards, but i've only seen parts of the two games.  It's really hard to judge defense in preseason.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2009, 08:14:46 AM »
Yeah... its still too early to say how he looks defensively.  I thought he looked a little active in the 4th last night.  He seemed to be letting everyone know he was there on defense, but again we're talking about Toronto's 3rd stringers so you can't read too much into it.  I'll be at the game tomorrow night (its free by the way), so hopefully I'll get a better idea then.   

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2009, 09:42:44 AM »
oh really?

I think I might have to head down there as well.