Author Topic: Sixers, can Ratliff still bring it?  (Read 2111 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Sixers, can Ratliff still bring it?
« on: October 05, 2009, 11:08:12 AM »
Sixers, from what you saw last year, can Theo Ratliff still bring it in an off the bench defensive role?
But is his offense entirely nonexistent?  Can he shoot at all?  Pass?
I remember him from that Finals Sixer team (before he got traded).  Myself i wish the Sixers would have stayed as was that midseason.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/63370422.html
Ratliff's eyes twinkle when told of Popovich's plan to re-emphasize defense this season.
?That's my fort?,? said Ratliff, who logged 47 blocks in 46 games with Philadelphia last season. ?That's been me my whole career. I know that's what I'm good at, and what they brought me here to do.?

jemagee

Re: Sixers, can Ratliff still bring it?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 11:09:44 AM »
If I recall properly he still has some limited defensive uses but offensively he's not going to make you say oh boy glad he's in ...

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 12:00:06 PM »
Jem has returned

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 01:50:41 PM »
Ratliff is old now, and he was never a good offensive player. He will still work hard though and do a good job defending the paint.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 02:58:18 PM »
12th man playing 5-10 minute stints as needed due to injuries here and there he can still be effective defensively.  On offense it is not just taht he can't score, he is so bad with the ball that you really don't want him touching it these days.