Author Topic: OT - Raiders got robbed on Monday Night Football!  (Read 2002 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
OT - Raiders got robbed on Monday Night Football!
« on: September 15, 2009, 01:03:28 AM »
I can't believe the refs took back that TD from the rookie!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: OT - Raiders got robbed on Monday Night Football!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 03:28:48 PM »
Raiders look to be much improved.  San Diego didn't look so impressive.  What was it with Steve Young calling them pound for pound the best offensive team in football?  They didn't look that good to me, not nearly as good as the Eagles.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 04:00:05 PM »
Raiders look to be much improved.  San Diego didn't look so impressive.  What was it with Steve Young calling them pound for pound the best offensive team in football?  They didn't look that good to me, not nearly as good as the Eagles.

If you look at the indivual talent the Eagles are barely in the same league as the chargers.  The problem is the Chargers have had the best talent in the league for a couple of years and it doesn't amount to squat on the field.  That's the WHOLE point of his comment rick, it doesn't look good on the field, just on paper.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 05:44:04 PM »
Raiders getting robbed by refs?  NO WAY!

I don't understand why the Chargers are so average yet have a lot of talent.  Every year it seems like the same thing.  Reality tried to blame the head coach but he's long gone now and they are still having similar problems.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 09:37:59 PM »

If you look at the indivual talent the Eagles are barely in the same league as the chargers.  The problem is the Chargers have had the best talent in the league for a couple of years and it doesn't amount to squat on the field.  That's the WHOLE point of his comment rick, it doesn't look good on the field, just on paper.

That's garbage, the Eagles have more talent at the skill postions than the Chargers. And on paper as well as in actual ballgames. Deshawn Jackson and Michael Vick are two of the fastest players in the league. Teams would be lucky to have one of them and the Birds have 2. McNabb is a better QB than Rivers, and Westbrook is as good a back as any in the NFL. Before the end of this season, once Vick is on the active roster the Eagles will likely become the most prolific scoring team in the history of the entire NFL. It would have been a lock, except that Vick isn't on the roster yet and McNabb may miss a game or more with his injury.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 11:44:15 PM »

That's garbage, the Eagles have more talent at the skill postions than the Chargers. And on paper as well as in actual ballgames. Deshawn Jackson and Michael Vick are two of the fastest players in the league. Teams would be lucky to have one of them and the Birds have 2. McNabb is a better QB than Rivers, and Westbrook is as good a back as any in the NFL. Before the end of this season, once Vick is on the active roster the Eagles will likely become the most prolific scoring team in the history of the entire NFL. It would have been a lock, except that Vick isn't on the roster yet and McNabb may miss a game or more with his injury.

A healthy LT is WAY better than Westbrook, last year LT was hurt the whole year and he was still better than Westbrook.
Rivers and McNabb are about equal but I would give the edge to McNabb.
Keading is better than Akers.
With all his speed Deshawn Jackson gets out produced by Vincent Jackson.
Celek is not in the same ballpark as Gates.
Vick sucks, he's got a long way to go to be of any real value to Philly let alone anything close to what you think he's going to do.
I would give Philly the edge on defense.

Very homer comments IMO, it's not even close on paper, AGAIN that was the whole point of his comments.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 10:09:07 AM »
On paper the Eagles have outperformed that group in San Diego, on the field they have accomplished a lot more than the bolts ever have.

Ill agree that Celek isn't as good as gates, but to compare a new addition to the Eagles to a more establish player is silly, before their careers are over, Deshawn will be recognized as the better player and athlete. To suggest Vick isn't anything is like saying MJ wasn't anything when he came back from baseball. LT has a great rep, but Westbrook does so many things for the Eagles for so long that in terms of what they've accomplished Westbrook is better.

You said "If you look at individual talent the Eagles are barely in the same field as the chargers.  That's bullshit. The opposite is true. The Eagles have been to the Supe. When was the last time SD even got out of the first round?  Carolina was a playoff team last season, in this season's opener, they looked like the J.V. squad. Even with McNabb out of the game. they couldn't score. Oakland sucked last year and SD barely got out alive. If any team suffers from overhype it's the Chargers! What do you expect when LA doesn't have a football team?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 11:45:22 AM »
On paper the Eagles have outperformed that group in San Diego, on the field they have accomplished a lot more than the bolts ever have.

Ill agree that Celek isn't as good as gates, but to compare a new addition to the Eagles to a more establish player is silly, before their careers are over, Deshawn will be recognized as the better player and athlete. To suggest Vick isn't anything is like saying MJ wasn't anything when he came back from baseball. LT has a great rep, but Westbrook does so many things for the Eagles for so long that in terms of what they've accomplished Westbrook is better.

You said "If you look at individual talent the Eagles are barely in the same field as the chargers.  That's bullshit. The opposite is true. The Eagles have been to the Supe. When was the last time SD even got out of the first round?  Carolina was a playoff team last season, in this season's opener, they looked like the J.V. squad. Even with McNabb out of the game. they couldn't score. Oakland sucked last year and SD barely got out alive. If any team suffers from overhype it's the Chargers! What do you expect when LA doesn't have a football team?

Clearly you don't understand the WHOLE point of this discussion or the comments made on Monday night.

"Not his story"

"It would've endured"