Author Topic: New combo toto/GM fantasy league starting soon  (Read 8327 times)

Offline Skates

• View Profile
Re: New combo toto/GM fantasy league starting soon
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2009, 06:55:58 PM »
I don't want to open up a new thread for this, but I have two spots still open in the PhilaPhans league that I opened up over here last year too.  Anyone interested see the info below and sign up:

I have started our annual Philaphans fantasy B-ball league. Former participants were already invited and filled up some of the slots, but four team spots remain open. It doesn't sound like a lot of openings, but most of the regular posters that play each year are signed up already.

Because there are a limited number of openings left, sign up only if you really want to participate and won't drop your team out of disinterest two weeks into the season.

It is the usual Yahoo H2H league, 12 teams, 9 categories using A/T ratio instead of straight TO's this year. No more than 3 player acquisitions per week, although I may loosen that up only for the time period after the draft, but before the season starts. Everything else is the same as last time. Those were the two changes requested by the majority who played last year.

The draft is in two weeks on October 15 and you can draft live starting at 9:00 pm eastern time or set up the autodraft feature if you can't make it then.

Here is the sign up info for anyone intersted:

Yahoo League Name - SixersPhans2009

League # - 170981

League Password - Iggy9

URL:

http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/170981

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2009, 10:48:06 PM »
In.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2009, 10:12:44 AM »
Yeah, but you are not the guy who is in "Balls Deep".  LOL, I love that team name whoever it is.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2009, 10:56:24 AM »
Honestly, that went right over my head... until you pointed it out.  Probably better to be ignorant or slow in this case.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2009, 10:38:09 PM »
As of now we still need one more team to fill out the league.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2009, 09:02:36 AM »
Shake things up- add Jem...

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2009, 09:07:17 AM »
Too late, Philly Rocks, an oldie, but goodie from PhilaPhans grabed the last spot.

I really do miss Jem, where is he allowed to post these days?

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2009, 01:18:46 PM »
He is mostly at Libertyballers.com, where he also writes some articles.  He also posts at depressedfans.com, but I think he might have worn out his welcome there (shocking, I know.)  He alluded to not posting there anymore.

jemagee

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2009, 03:25:13 PM »
I did allude to not posting there any more - but it has nothing to do with wearing out my welcome - Brian and I get along pretty well...if I stop posting there (which I haven't fully decided whether or not to yet) it will be a choice I make due to a few posters.

In general I haven't been paying much attention this offseason, I'm knee deep in working with MLB PitchFX data  as an internship for someone who writes for one of the major sports sites, taking two classes at the local city college, my own job and my secondary job :)

Additionally, I still want to get my web site up and running, I did get the 'pick the winner' thing going last year but had been unable to post here so couldn't get peoples input...it still needs a lot of work and rebooting but I hope to launch it again earlier this season with a bit more compeition and some sort of prize(s) if i can figure it out (but no guarantees)  Additionally, much like Derek's site, I want to get some game data onto a database site so I and others can look at it - still trying to learn how to spider sites properly so I don't have to pay 50 cents a game (doesn't sound like a lot, but that's 640 bucks a season :) ) - to a company.  I wish that the NBA would make data freely available like MLB does...I'm not a huge fan of how MLB is run in general but I think they do a lot to 'assist' the fan/blog writer to get a deeper look at the game. 

I am in derek's keeper league again (I'm keeping lamarcus aldridge and kevin durant ;) - and I signed up for jordans fantasy league over at libertyballers, if he let's me.  If you need one more, let me know, but i don't know that more than 3 is a good idea.

I'm not even sure I'll be buying the NBA league pass this year

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2009, 06:24:52 PM »
Good to see you back.  Did not know Jordan had a league, maybe I'll look into that if it isn't full.

As for depressedfan, Brian does a great job there.  I'm guessing the pricks that are their will either tone it down or move on.

jemagee

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2009, 06:25:35 PM »
Good to see you back.  Did not know Jordan had a league, maybe I'll look into that if it isn't full.

As for depressedfan, Brian does a great job there.  I'm guessing the pricks that are their will either tone it down or move on.

They haven't moved on yet :) Hopefully they will soon.

Jordan announced one on the 'fan posts' side - looking for 10 - i think they're up to 8

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2009, 06:28:53 PM »
Thanks.  Looking for a second league and I prefer roto over H2H.

jemagee

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2009, 06:29:52 PM »
I don't like the way leagues score at the moment but that project is a long way off

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2009, 02:59:27 PM »
The prodigal one returns, welcome back Jem.   :P