Author Topic: Anyone see any real chatter posted somewhere about big baby headed to SA?  (Read 2235 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
seeing this pop up on boards but no note worthy sites yet..  if someone has a good link that would be great
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
From the local rag...

The move does not put the Spurs out of contention for McDyess or other NBA big men they have been courting ? such as Dallas' Brandon Bass and Boston's Glen ?Big Baby? Davis ? since free agency opened last week.

The Spurs have their entire mid-level exception to spend and will probably need it in order to remain in the running for McDyess. They also own a biannual exception to be valued at about $1.9 million, all or part of which could be used to pay Haislip.

In the article they also say that the Spurs reached a deal with Marcus Haislip (thus the final sentence).  He was drafted by the Bucks in 2002, played 3 years in the NBA and played in Europe the past couple years.  6'10"  280 lbs  28 years old.

Another role player who will become a superstar in Silver & Black.   ;)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 07:57:42 PM by Lurker »
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Big Baby would be a great pick up for the Spurs.  Hope this doesn't happen  :D
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email

I would rather have Brandon Bass.  Assuming money, years, etc the same.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email

I don't know about davis...but right now the Spurs need a big on the team.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email

I don't know about davis...but right now the Spurs need a big on the team.
Right on.  Lets look at the Championships.  3 of 4 Dunkan had another big next to him.  DRob twice and Man from Nazr once.
Fabulous Fabs was there in 2007 but otherwise Fabs was only 1 for 3.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Now it's being said that Davis is not a real target, that the Spurs started talking to him when free agency started but that after rasheed, the next target is antonio.  We'll see how that plays out I guess.