Author Topic: Whooo Hooooo!!! We got another one drafted.  (Read 1002 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Whooo Hooooo!!! We got another one drafted.
« on: June 12, 2009, 08:55:47 PM »
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090610&content_id=5253474&vkey=draft2009&fext=.jsp

http://highschoolsports.oregonlive.com/news/article/5356116959380263337/2009-mlb-draft-former-oregon-high-school-players-selected-on-day-2/

Way to Go Darrell,  I am very proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I worked with and coached Darrell in Juniors (13-14 year olds).  Great athlete.  Not quite as fast as Jacoby, but he is very fast.  He is very much a toolsy kind of athlete.  Very fast, has better extra base power than Jacoby, a great high school arm.  I haven't talked to his dad yet, but I would be stunned if he doesn't sign.  Darrell is a baseball player, school is not his gig, and in fact I would bet money the Mets talked to him before they drafted him, and he pretty much told he was going to sign.  When Jacoby came out of HS the Angels told him they were going to draft him in the 7th round, if he would sign.  He said he was going to OSU no matter what, so he slid to the 22nd round.  So just as a comparison, at aboutv the same age Darrell was a 4th rounder, and Jacoby would have been a 7th rounder.

We have another kid coming out next year, Turner Gill.  He is bigger and stronger than either of these two, but he is a great athlete, very focused, lots of power.  He is rated #9 in the NW for his graduating class.  He will play college ball I am almost sure, it would take a big bonus to get him to forgo college.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 09:13:35 PM by ziggy »
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil