Author Topic: Is Jameer Nelson that stupid or was he paid off?  (Read 3553 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Is Jameer Nelson that stupid or was he paid off?
« on: June 11, 2009, 11:32:34 PM »
it's one or the other.

Enjoy, Lakers.  Another hard *earned* victory.  ::)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Is Jameer Nelson that stupid or was he paid off?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 01:26:46 AM »
"This user is currently ignored" Never gets old  :D

I am sure you have amazing text written underneath this message.  I am going to take a WILD guess and say somehow that the Lakers DID NOT win this game.  Instead a paid off player or a ref or Lord Sternfish or the CEO of Nike or the entire Magic organization changed the outcome of the game in favor of the Lakers.  The Lakers did not play good basketball and did not deserve to win.

Someone tell me how close I am!!!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 01:28:37 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 01:40:41 AM »
"This user is currently ignored" Never gets old  :D

I am sure you have amazing text written underneath this message.  I am going to take a WILD guess and say somehow that the Lakers DID NOT win this game.  Instead a paid off player or a ref or Lord Sternfish or the CEO of Nike or the entire Magic organization changed the outcome of the game in favor of the Lakers.  The Lakers did not play good basketball and did not deserve to win.

Someone tell me how close I am!!!

You're soooooooooo behind the times wk!!!  Dabods upgraded my software so all of Reality's posts say: "This user is currently OWNED"  :D
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 07:13:18 AM »
I would consider posting "This user is currently ignored" in response to a person's post frequently is a form of baiting and personal attack. Now, I'm not a moderator here, nor do I wish to be, but I did think most of the posters here were above that.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 08:37:07 AM »
I would consider posting "This user is currently ignored" in response to a person's post frequently is a form of baiting and personal attack. Now, I'm not a moderator here, nor do I wish to be, but I did think most of the posters here were above that.

::)  All THREE times I've done it?

Personal attack?  Nothing 'personal' about saying you have ignored someone.  And it's a pretty legit answer to someone who constantly baits.  I actually think saying 'I cant see your text' is less personal than me calling him an idiot which is what I am trying my best not to do.

And to top it off DB, how is it baiting?  We can't get into an argument cuz I can't see his text LOL.  It's not for a response from Reality so it can't be baiting.   Besides, how is that any different than constantly making these threads?  You are going at ME for what you perceive as a personal attack and baiting....yet you didn't have the same words when Reality was calling WOW gay for telling him not to post those bikini photos (a real personal attack) and continues to make threads that are really trying to bait people.

You are making this comment in a thread that is made to bait people btw....

« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 10:03:19 AM by westkoast »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 09:00:41 AM »
Absolutely untrue.
The deciding play and a play that would make the Finals series either 2-2 and thus a real series or 3-1 and over.
dabods, rt, zig, dare i say everyone on this board (save you Laker posters?) would agree that Jameer Nelsons/Van Gundys ordered (?) defense was beyond retarded.  Hence my thread.

Discuss basketball.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 09:22:25 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
"This user is currently OWNED!"  :D
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 01:28:31 PM »
All THREE times I've done it?

Wasn't saying you specifically, but I've seen it done a lot of times by a lot of people.  Every time yes, I do consider it baiting.  it serves no other purpose.

To me, it's the same thing as saying "I think so little of you as a poster that I'm not going to read your post".  That's an attack.  It serves no purpose other than to let that person (and everyone else) know how little you think of the previous poster.  If you want to ignore them, then IGNORE them.  don't go "nananananana, I don't see your posts!".

It's not for a response from Reality so it can't be baiting.

If it instigates a response from reality then it's baiting, regardless of whether your original intent was a response from someone else.

You are going at ME for what you perceive as a personal attack and baiting....yet you didn't have the same words when Reality was calling WOW gay for telling him not to post those bikini photos (a real personal attack) and continues to make threads that are really trying to bait people.

1) "Yeah, well he does it too!" isn't really a defense IMO.  In fact, it just lessens your stance.  I was hoping the ignore feature would improve stupid back and forth attacks.  Unfortunately it's not.

2) I'm not here to moderate.  I can't express this more times than I have.  if it ever gets to that point, I'll shut down the boards.  I responded to you because I expect it from reality.

We do a heckuva lot more discussing people on this board than basketball, and it's getting old real quick.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 01:31:34 PM by Derek Bodner »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 01:38:09 PM »
All THREE times I've done it?

Wasn't saying you specifically, but I've seen it done a lot of times by a lot of people.  Every time yes, I do consider it baiting.  it serves no other purpose.

To me, it's the same thing as saying "I think so little of you as a poster that I'm not going to read your post".  That's an attack.  It serves no purpose other than to let that person (and everyone else) know how little you think of the previous poster.  If you want to ignore them, then IGNORE them.  don't go "nananananana, I don't see your posts!".

It has more to do with the fact that 95% of his posts don't add to the board and are simply name calling then it does how I 'personally feel about him'.  Anytime a real honest basketball debate is brought up he runs away so why not ignore the flaming if that's all he does?  Rick HATES the Lakers but I enjoy talking basketball with him because he will actually get into a debate, come with solid arguments, and keeps it moving.  I would NEVER ignore him in a thousand years.

Honestly, if there was  Sixers-Reality running around on the other part of the board and EVERYTIME the Sixers won he said the refs, the league, the owners, Sternfish, the mafia, etc were the only reason they won you would respond back to them.  It happens after every single Lakers game.  We are talking 40-50 times a year this stuff happens. 

If it instigates a response from reality then it's baiting, regardless of whether your original intent was a response from someone else.

Actually I was asking for a response from others.  I guess I was baiting WOW to answer me to tell me how close I got.  My intention is not to instigate a response from Reality because well...I can't see his text.  I also said in the post  'someone tell me how close I got' so it was clear who i was looking for a response from.  It wasn't Reality, again I can't see his text so he couldn't tell me how close I got.

1) "Yeah, well he does it too!" isn't really a defense IMO.  In fact, it just lessens your stance.  I was hoping the ignore feature would improve stupid back and forth attacks.  Unfortunately it's not. 

I don't have to defend my joke post.  I think it's fair for me to joke around with out having to justify it.    I went over the top on purpose to make it clear I was joking (I named the Nike CEO for crying out loud!!!).  The whole point in bringing it up was that I did not make a personal attack and you seemed to be less upset with what he did earlier than what I did now.  Calling or insinuating someone is gay (or multiple people because LFD was included) is a personal shot.  What I said wasn't.  I've taken MANY personal shots at Reality but this time I didn't.

2) I'm not here to moderate.  I can't express this more times than I have.  if it ever gets to that point, I'll shut down the boards.  I responded to you because I expect it from reality.

I don't want you to spend time moderating a board of 9 people.  We know you don't want to and we don't want you to.  I am sure you have other things to do.  The problem is when you jump in like this AND you run the site it does come off as trying to moderate between two people.  Whether that was your intentions or not you stepped inbetween us.  Or I should say just in front of me.  I know your saying that you expect more from me but I don't think what I did was going over the line.  A Laker player hit a big shot to win the game and it's reduced to 'Nelson was paid off to not guard him'

I guess what I am saying is I could do a better job of ignoring Reality 100% and you could ignore my responses to him just the same.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 01:49:15 PM by westkoast »

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2009, 03:22:41 PM »
I guess what I am saying is I could do a better job of ignoring Reality 100% and you could ignore my responses to him just the same.

As long as you respond you are not ignoring him.  What good does it do to have the ignore feature if you reply half the time you see it? 

You obviously aren't ignoring him.

Bods is right on this point.  Either ignore the person or not.  If you are going to continue to post in his threads then why use the ignore feature?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 03:24:17 PM »

As long as you respond you are not ignoring him.  What good does it do to have the ignore feature if you reply half the time you see it? 

You obviously aren't ignoring him.

Bods is right on this point.  Either ignore the person or not.  If you are going to continue to post in his threads then why use the ignore feature?

I still don't have to see his text when I have him on ignore so it does plenty of good.  So all the other comments in other threads I don't see, unless of course someone quotes him.  Have you noticed I barely ever respond to him anymore?  The thread title made me laugh and I came in to crack a joke.

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2009, 06:04:54 PM »
it's one or the other.

Enjoy, Lakers.  Another hard *earned* victory.  ::)

Personally, I think Jameer simply made a mistake and don't believe either of your options apply. 

He's not stupid and I question the sanity and intelligence of anyone who truly believes he was "paid off". 

Jameer should have fouled him way earlier, OR at the very least he should have been so far up on Fish that he invites him to run around him for the layup and they're still up 1 with the ball. 

I can't believe I'm chomping on your predictable, lame, boring, bait, but it's a slow day at the office for me.  That said, I 100% disagree with you that this game was not *earned* by the Lakers.  In fact, I'd argue that this was one of the most *earned* games the Lakers have ever won in their franchise history.  They overcame Lord Sternfish and his minion officials, a 12 point halftime deficit, and a 5 point deficit with 37 seconds remaining.  If one chooses to look at the last 11 seconds of the game as a microcosm of the entire game, then yes, Orlando blew it.  I choose to look at the entire course of a game and this was a hard fought, *earned*, victory by the Lakers. 

When the Lakers get their butts kicked the media and fans rip them for being soft, lazy, unfocused, arrogant, etc.  We heard Kenny Smith call them arrogant and an embarrassment to the game and Mark Jackson skewer them for having no heart.  Certainly, the way they've played at times this season and in these playoffs deserves criticism.  I've been very critical of them as well and so have many of the other Laker posters here, who BTW, are some of the most objective Laker fans anywhere on the planet.  We're very tough on our team and rightfully so. 

Now, I have a bone to pick with the media and anyone else who doesn't give the Lakers credit for last nights victory.  I like Charles Barkley and find him entertaining albeit full of manure half the time.  Last night the first thing he says is "The Lakers didn't win that game, Orlando lost it".  BS, Sir Charles!  The Lakers showed us last night that they have gotten mentally and physically tougher.  They didn't let the horribly one sided officiating that got all of their bigs in foul trouble in the 1st quarter and ultimately spotted the Magic a 12 point halftime lead deter them.  They came out of half time swinging and being aggressive.  When Turkoglu hit those two amazing shots down the stretch to put the Magic up 5, the Lakers never lost focus or composure.  They proved that they have developed the mental toughness and physical toughness that they clearly lacked in last seasons Finals.  As a fan of this team, I was exceptionally proud of their heart and moxie last night and I haven't always been.  So let's give some credit where credit is due.  The Lakers *earned* that game and took it from the Magic just like Kobe took that rebound from Dwight Howard, with toughness, energy and sheer determination. 

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2009, 06:48:20 PM »
To me, it's the same thing as saying "I think so little of you as a poster that I'm not going to read your post".

Bods,

That is EXACTLY what I'm saying when I post "This user is currently ignored".  EXACTLY!!!

Are you telling me there something wrong with that? 

Have you noticed in the past how he goes after/baits/insults every poster who does not agree with him?  It's not worth my time OWNING him anymore because he offers no comebacks so in my case "I think so little of you as a poster that I'm not going to read your post" definately applies to Reality.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2009, 09:04:45 AM »

Personal attack?  Nothing 'personal' about saying you have ignored someone.  And it's a pretty legit answer to someone who constantly baits.  I actually think saying 'I cant see your text' is less personal than me calling him an idiot which is what I am trying my best not to do.

And to top it off DB, how is it baiting?  We can't get into an argument cuz I can't see his text LOL.  It's not for a response from Reality so it can't be baiting.   Besides, how is that any different than constantly making these threads?  You are going at ME for what you perceive as a personal attack and baiting....yet you didn't have the same words when Reality was calling WOW gay for telling him not to post those bikini photos (a real personal attack) and continues to make threads that are really trying to bait people.

It's baiting in that it's inviting a response from him that the *REST* of us - who don't believe in the use of an "ignore" feature - have to read.

And as for the double-standard (and to hopefully turn this back to a basketball conversation), you're a Laker fan:  do you consider making the playoffs every year, but not having many finals appearances and no titles a streak of "good" performances?  Or do you need to be in the championship mix to be good?  Fact is that whether it be a basketball franchise or a poster, standards are different based on what the team is capable of coming with.  Offer the Clippers the opportunity to trade places with Phoenix since acquiring Nash, and they do so in a heartbeat, and are *VERY* happy.  Offer that to Detroit, and they'll pass.

And I think that applies to posters as well.  The Clippers are rotten, they've always been rotten, they're always going to be rotten, and when you see a good season from them, the proper reaction is, "I'm betting the next season is rotten, but time will tell."  And more times than not, the next season will be rotten.  Therefore, I don't judge the Clipper franchise the way I judge another franchise - say, the Pacers.  So I may very well take the Pacers to task for doing things the way the Clippers do, while not saying anything about the Clippers doing it the same way.  One is a disappointment;  the other is expected.

And I don't consider that as me being unfair to the Pacers.  They're SUPPOSED to be modelling a different standard.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 09:16:13 AM by Joe Vancil »
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2009, 11:29:22 AM »

It's baiting in that it's inviting a response from him that the *REST* of us - who don't believe in the use of an "ignore" feature - have to read.

And as for the double-standard (and to hopefully turn this back to a basketball conversation), you're a Laker fan:  do you consider making the playoffs every year, but not having many finals appearances and no titles a streak of "good" performances?  Or do you need to be in the championship mix to be good?  Fact is that whether it be a basketball franchise or a poster, standards are different based on what the team is capable of coming with.  Offer the Clippers the opportunity to trade places with Phoenix since acquiring Nash, and they do so in a heartbeat, and are *VERY* happy.  Offer that to Detroit, and they'll pass.

And I think that applies to posters as well.  The Clippers are rotten, they've always been rotten, they're always going to be rotten, and when you see a good season from them, the proper reaction is, "I'm betting the next season is rotten, but time will tell."  And more times than not, the next season will be rotten.  Therefore, I don't judge the Clipper franchise the way I judge another franchise - say, the Pacers.  So I may very well take the Pacers to task for doing things the way the Clippers do, while not saying anything about the Clippers doing it the same way.  One is a disappointment;  the other is expected.

And I don't consider that as me being unfair to the Pacers.  They're SUPPOSED to be modelling a different standard.

You guys can ignore the thread just the same.   Did you honestly think that there was some great basketball debate started by Reality and you had to click on the thread till you realized I ruined it?  I mean it's not like you don't know exactly what the thread is going to say once you click on it.  That's why I made the comment I did.  Even with his text being blocked on my screen it's still the same ol bs, same ol baiting crap.  I thought I'd have some fun and throw out my post while at the same time proving a point.  Honestly if after every single big Jazz win I came on this board discrediting your team and after every loss I flamed you/skandery, you would understand a bit more why jabs are taken back. 

As for the Lakers comment, I've watched this team my entire life.  When they won, when they sucked (I use to pretend to be Nick Van Exel in elementry school playing basketball), when they started to win again, when they got punked by PHX, and now that they are winning again.  To me they are 'good enough to watch' no matter what.  As far as what I consider a good team.  It really depends on the talent in the league.  Before we got Pau Gasol I thought the team was solid but there were much better teams talent wise.  Specifically PHX.  I didn't think they Lakers sucked cuz they lost in the first round.  They hit a better team. 

And yes, I understand what you mean.  You don't expect certain teams  like the Lakers (me LOL!) to play down to the talent level of the Clippers (reality).  Except you forgot one thing....that is what the Lakers do!  I am only emulating my team.

I am more middle of the pack when it comes to posting than others.  Yourself and Lurker are more championship caliber posters than I am.     I really didn't come that far down to make my comment  ;D (I even make fun of myself so no one is safe, not me, not Reality, I am fair in that dept)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 12:45:38 PM by westkoast »