Author Topic: Finals Game 3 - Lakers @ Magic (I smell a blowout)  (Read 6007 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Finals Game 3 - Lakers @ Magic (I smell a blowout)
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2009, 09:31:08 PM »
I don't understand how LA is so close with Orlando shooting this way.  Orlando's inability to stop the Lakers is a serious flaw.  They're going to have to figure out how to actually stop the Lakers from scoring if they want to win the series.  They're good enough to outscore LA once or twice, the rest of the games they'll have to stop them from scoring or getting to the line.

A five point lead at halftime and they're shooting 75%. I don't understand how LA is getting the extra shots. They're not outrebounding the Magic and they have just one less turnover. Orlando needs to figure something out about this.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2009, 09:51:41 PM »
The incredible job by the refs continues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know how the Lakers are still in this game!!!!!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2009, 10:09:21 PM »
Tim Donaghy would be PROUD of the refs for this game!!!

More "Amazing" commercials, more gay Prius commercials, and if we're lucky...more Puppet commercials!!!!!!! 

Stretch this series like taffy!!!!  We love it!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2009, 10:47:28 PM »
Frigging Kobe, taking a page out of the "Idiot's Guide to Freethrow Shooting" by LeBron James!!!  >:(
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2009, 10:52:03 PM »
Kobe was the MVP for game 3!  5 missed FT's and a TWO turnovers in the last minute of the game.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2009, 10:59:47 PM »
After all was said and done it came down to Kobe missing a critical FT and making TWO turnovers within 5 seconds of each other in the last 38 seconds of the game.

Howard, and most of the Magic, were amazing at the FT line.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2009, 11:10:51 PM »
This was a game where LA got outscored.  Orlando was fortunate to get this win, the big play was the turnover by Kobe that gave Petrius free throws. Not much defense, although the phantom foul by Dwight on Kobe was a pretty bad call.

Still, Orlando should be worried. They played as well as they could play and LA was right there at the end. As much as LA has no answer for Orlando's offense when they're playing well, Orlando cannot stop the Lakers from scoring or doing what they want on the offensive end.

Orlando can shoot as well as they did tonight, but not for three straight games. They're going to have to find a way to force more turnovers or close out faster on LA's scorers.  If Orlando could match LA's defensive intensity (Which was very good) they'd be a lot better off.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2009, 11:26:49 PM »
This was a game where LA got outscored.  Orlando was fortunate to get this win, the big play was the turnover by Kobe that gave Petrius free throws. Not much defense, although the phantom foul by Dwight on Kobe was a pretty bad call.

Still, Orlando should be worried. They played as well as they could play and LA was right there at the end. As much as LA has no answer for Orlando's offense when they're playing well, Orlando cannot stop the Lakers from scoring or doing what they want on the offensive end.

Orlando can shoot as well as they did tonight, but not for three straight games. They're going to have to find a way to force more turnovers or close out faster on LA's scorers.  If Orlando could match LA's defensive intensity (Which was very good) they'd be a lot better off.

Actually rick, IMO the Lakers defense was not that good at all.  One part of it is they did not do a good job of handling the pick and roll, that was all Orlando and the Lakers need to figure that out somehow.  But the second part was that they did a poor job of defending Rashard, that was just dumb, or lack of effot, on the Lakers part.  They kept losing track Lewis and that's inexcusable. 

The Magic got major favoritism from the refs, I don't get why you only bring up one phantom call on Dwight.

This was the best the Magic could do IMO and if the Lakers pay attention to Rashard the Lakers should pull at least one of the next two games out for a win.

One other thing, the Lakers did a horrible job of rebounding, the Laker bigs were nowhere to be found on the glass.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2009, 11:44:18 PM »
Kobe was fouled by Dwight Howard on that 'steal' from Pietrius.  Howard hit Kobe's left hand that jarred the ball free. 

The Lakers defense was good at the end of the game.  For most of the game the rotations were wrong or were not made at all.

Though I was right, the game was close and decided by less than 5 points.  Orlando had a stellar game at home and barely won this one so the Lakers do have SOME positives to take from this.  The Magic obviously are back in the series and have plenty to take from this game.  They did a better job in every facet of the game compared to the first 2 in LA.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2009, 12:29:14 AM »
Kobe was fouled by Dwight Howard on that 'steal' from Pietrius.  Howard hit Kobe's left hand that jarred the ball free. 

The Lakers defense was good at the end of the game.  For most of the game the rotations were wrong or were not made at all.

Though I was right, the game was close and decided by less than 5 points.  Orlando had a stellar game at home and barely won this one so the Lakers do have SOME positives to take from this.  The Magic obviously are back in the series and have plenty to take from this game.  They did a better job in every facet of the game compared to the first 2 in LA.

It looked like Howard got a clean swipe on the ball after Kobe released it for the split dribble.  When Gasol got the ball they should have called a time out but he passed it to Kobe and it looked like Kobe bobbled it and Petrius grabbed it.  That is what upset me the most, critical mistakes by Kobe and a choke job on the FT line.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2009, 12:41:13 AM »
Looked like Kobe decided to channel Nick Anderson while he was at the free throw line.

What's the deal with having the biggest goat from the team that got swept the last time you were in the finals as the guy coming out before the first game?  I mean, isn't that just tempting fate?

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2009, 01:15:16 AM »
Looked like Kobe decided to channel Nick Anderson while he was at the free throw line.

What's the deal with having the biggest goat from the team that got swept the last time you were in the finals as the guy coming out before the first game?  I mean, isn't that just tempting fate?

That was their secret weapon, they focused Anderson's choke-ness towards the Lakers bench and it hit Kobe.  :(
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2009, 12:00:09 PM »
Good win for Orlando, they had to win and I think we all figured they'd get this one. 

The Lakers should be ashamed to give up a playoff high 62% in FG shooting.  Defense and defensive energy has always been the concern with this team.  I don't care how hot Orlando was from the field, if you give up 62% in FG's you're not playing good D. 

I think both teams can take some confidence from this game when they look at it from their relative perspectives.  Should make for an interesting Game 4.  The Lakers just need to steal one in Orlando and then close it out at home in Game 6. 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2009, 05:15:56 PM »
Good win for Orlando, they had to win and I think we all figured they'd get this one. 

The Lakers should be ashamed to give up a playoff high 62% in FG shooting.  Defense and defensive energy has always been the concern with this team.  I don't care how hot Orlando was from the field, if you give up 62% in FG's you're not playing good D. 

I think both teams can take some confidence from this game when they look at it from their relative perspectives.  Should make for an interesting Game 4.  The Lakers just need to steal one in Orlando and then close it out at home in Game 6. 

The Lakers should be sacrificing Adam Morrison to the basketball gods for leaving Orlando shooters (AT HOME) that open  yet only losing by 4.  The Lakers coaching staff must feel like parents with these guys.  It plays out like a father having to tell his sons to pick up their clothes off the ground every day for a week before they do it.  Except by father I mean Phil Jackson and by clothes I mean RASHARD FRICKIN LEWIS.  Does anyone who's watched basketball more than once or twice the entire playoffs not know Rashard Lewis can knock down 3 after 3 after 3?  I think the father needs to lay the smack down on his son and tell him if he doesn't pick up his clothes he doesn't get CANDY (for you slow posters from San Diego, I mean tell Odom to never leave Lewis' side for any reason or candy will be banned)  Screw Lamar Odom's offense and ability to change ends to get a lay up.  I care about his  athletic ability matching up with Rashard Lewis on the defensive end....ugh.

Both takes can taks some confidence from this game when they look at it from their OFFENSIVE perspectives.  When they both look at the tape on the defensive end they might want to stay away from sharp objects.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 05:17:32 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2009, 09:58:12 PM »
The Lakers should be sacrificing Adam Morrison to the basketball gods for leaving Orlando shooters (AT HOME) that open  yet only losing by 4.  The Lakers coaching staff must feel like parents with these guys.  It plays out like a father having to tell his sons to pick up their clothes off the ground every day for a week before they do it.  Except by father I mean Phil Jackson and by clothes I mean RASHARD FRICKIN LEWIS.  Does anyone who's watched basketball more than once or twice the entire playoffs not know Rashard Lewis can knock down 3 after 3 after 3?  I think the father needs to lay the smack down on his son and tell him if he doesn't pick up his clothes he doesn't get CANDY (for you slow posters from San Diego, I mean tell Odom to never leave Lewis' side for any reason or candy will be banned)  Screw Lamar Odom's offense and ability to change ends to get a lay up.  I care about his  athletic ability matching up with Rashard Lewis on the defensive end....ugh.

Both takes can taks some confidence from this game when they look at it from their OFFENSIVE perspectives.  When they both look at the tape on the defensive end they might want to stay away from sharp objects.

IMO it's the coaching staff that is telling Odom to help on Howard and trust in the rotation to cover Rashard.  The problem is sometimes Odom does neither, he's not going hard at the double team on Howard nor is he close to Lewis and you get the worst of both worlds.  But IMO Lamar leaving Rashard is by design.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"