Author Topic: David Carradine (Kung Fu) appears to have committed suicide in Thailand  (Read 4157 times)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Found hanging in his hotel room, he was 72, very sad, I always liked him.
Dan

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
sad news.  I wonder what made him do it?  I liked him as well. 
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
sad news.  I wonder what made him do it?  I liked him as well. 

I was wondering the same thing.  He was on site for a movie so.....it sounds fishy.  Maybe it's just that I think Thailand in general is a shady place, I don't know.

Good actor though I have to say I wasn't much into the Kung Fu The Legend Continues (the newer generation where his son is a cop) series that came on in the 90s.  He was AWESOME as Bill in Kill Bill though.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
This is sad indeed. 

Keep in mind that it wasn't necessarily suicide ... could have been auto-erotic asphyxiation. 

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
This is sad indeed. 

Keep in mind that it wasn't necessarily suicide ... could have been auto-erotic asphyxiation. 

.... :-\.....Grasshopper was like 72 years old wasn't he??   Good Lord Buzz Killington great way to bust my image of Kwai Chang Caine!!!   :(

J/K

It does sound fishy, I thought the same thing Wk, but If the local law enforcement say suicide, then I doubt anything else will come out of it.  however I did notice on Imdb.com that this guy was not really starving for work.  He had a lot of work in 2009...

Portland (2009) (pre-production) .... Jerry

Night of the Templar (2009) (post-production) .... Shopkeeper

Money to Burn (2009) (post-production)

Six Days in Paradise (2009) (post-production) .... Vernon Billings

Su Qi-Er (2009) (post-production)
... aka True Legend (International: English title)

The Rain Chronicles (2009) (post-production) .... Clive Jonis

Detention (2009) (post-production) .... Principle Hoskins

Autumn (2009) .... Philip

"Mental" (2009) TV series .... Gideon (unknown episodes)

Break (2009/I) .... The Bishop

Crank: High Voltage (2009) .... Poon Dong
... aka Crank 2 (USA: alternative title)

Bad Cop (2009) (V) .... Det. Humes

Absolute Evil (2009) .... Raf McCane

Road of No Return (2009) .... Mr. Hover

.......could have been small bit roles, but it is more work then he had in 2008:

My Suicide (2008) .... Vargas

Death Race (2008) (voice) .... Frankenstein   (<---original movie is a fave   :P )

Last Hour (2008) .... Detective Mike Stone

Kung Fu Killer (2008) (TV) .... Crane
... aka The White Crane Chronicles (USA: alternative title)

Hell Ride (2008) .... The Deuce

Richard III (2008) .... Buckingham

Kandisha (2008) .... The American

The Golden Boys (2008) .... Captain Zeb

Looks like things were going up for him...why would he decide to kill himself??  seems fishy indeed, especially when the people that knew say he was not suicidal.  http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/06/04/obit.david.carradine/index.html

On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
He had talked of suicide for years, used to break out his .45 all the time and think of doing it, cat had some demons he was fighting.
Dan

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
According to his wife and publicist it was not suicide.  Doubt if anyone will know for sure, as evidence might be hard to come by.  No sign of forced entry into the room. 

Seems kind of pointless to commit suicide. He was old enough that it would have happened soon enough anyway.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Seems kind of pointless to commit suicide. He was old enough that it would have happened soon enough anyway.

OUCH!  That was funny.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email

.... :-\.....Grasshopper was like 72 years old wasn't he??   Good Lord Buzz Killington great way to bust my image of Kwai Chang Caine!!!   :(

J/K

Ummm ... http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/06/05/carradine.death/index.html

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email

OUCH!  That was funny.

Yeah, we old goys are just sitting around all day, contemplating the most interesting way to off ourselves.

Between that and planning our day around our bowel movements, it is a pretty complete life.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email

J/K

Yes, I know, hence "J/K"

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email

J/K

Yes, I know, hence "J/K"

I knew you were kidding, I was posting that article because I didn't know it was auto-erotic asphyxiation at the time and that article confirmed it ... or at least it looks like it was. 

I've learned to make that assumption since Michael Hutchence and someone I know died of the same thing.  Very sad.