N-o-w.  It exploits the kids
1 (25%)
No, sad but true its income the kids need
0 (0%)
Jon and/or Kate make me ill.
0 (0%)
Can i be the kids agent?
2 (50%)
Nothing takes time away from my Laker Kobe worship.  Who are Jon and Kate +8?
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Jon and Kate +8  (Read 3438 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Jon and Kate +8
« on: June 03, 2009, 01:50:15 PM »
I was down with them generating some much needed family income for the 1st couple seasons.  How else could they deal with 2 + 6?

Now it is beyond trainwreck.  Ratings have at least doubled due to the infidelity reports thus I'm sure Jon and Kates pay has also.

Q. for the entertainment lawyers: 
Are the kids getting paid.  If so how much compared to Mom n Pops?  (I'm not inferring this makes it okay to have your kids cameraized for profit).

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Jon and Kate +8
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 04:55:15 PM »
Three guess which one I voted for ... 

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 10:26:31 PM »
You're a family court judge with jurisdiction.

Do you take the kids away from both Jon and Kate?
Award them generous supervised visitation.

Goodness.  ::)

jemagee

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 10:33:54 PM »
Yes - I believe they get paid - but there's also supposedly a limitation on how long they can be on camera (that they tried to get around since they're not 'acting' but just on a reality show)

Though - when people start being paid to live their lives - are they really living their lives any more?

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 12:14:10 AM »
Kate makes crazy moeny from the show, speaking engagements, book, etc...they are not lacking money at all, in fact, she held the purse strings and Jon really did not have much acces to the money before everything started.  I think this whole thing is messed up, at the point that the family started to fracture they should have pulled the show, not left it for public viewing to wtch them fall apart for "good tv."  Pull the show IMO.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 09:30:01 AM »
^^ yeah we were at anothers house and as they flipped channels Nancy DisGrace was on one of her worst rants ever.  Against Jon.
Setting was criminologist type guy who was saying there could be a very logical explaination for all of Kates recent accusations against Jon, ie hacking into her computer, he stole 220K from me, yada yada.  Guy was saying how it could have been Kate who locked Jon out of the computer they shared and he was just using his know how to retrieve/bypass the passwords and that is NOT illegal.  He added Jons claim that he only took 22K (his new salary on the show, used to be 75K per ep), has the bank paperwork to prove it and that Kate is just being a biznitch.  Disgrace went on a real vitriolic rant.

She is so biased in favor of Kate and against Jon its sickening.  I myself am not choosing "sides" but having said that i lean in favor of Jon.  Kate seems like a shrill.

Either way, neither Jon nor Kate was prepared to deal with all this and agree with you SpursXs 3 the show needs to be pulled.  I maintain after the 1st season or two and then a book publishing should have been enough to easily get them out of debt and pull the plug.

So, to keep it in basketball terms, who do you think Jons favorite team is?  ;)

jemagee

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 09:34:43 AM »
Personally - when parents decide to do a reality show based around their children I start thinking DCFS should already be brought in.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 09:42:03 AM »
Why am I not surprised you watch this show?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 09:47:29 AM »
Me? 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 09:48:37 AM »
Me?  I've never seen the show - my gf however has some bad taste in shows...if you live in America and haven't heard of the show you live under a special kind of rock - or are amish - i don't watch letterman but i know he had an affair and the news agencies 'wish the story would just go away' (even while they keep reporting it)

This is why when I usually watch the news I watch something sports related...at least that's mostly factually based

Nah not you, Reality.

Knowing about a tv show is one thing.  Watching it and wanting to debate about it on a SPORTS message board?  Ack.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 09:52:14 AM »
Me?  I've never seen the show - my gf however has some bad taste in shows...if you live in America and haven't heard of the show you live under a special kind of rock - or are amish - i don't watch letterman but i know he had an affair and the news agencies 'wish the story would just go away' (even while they keep reporting it)

This is why when I usually watch the news I watch something sports related...at least that's mostly factually based

Nah not you, Reality.

Knowing about a tv show is one thing.  Watching it and wanting to debate about it on a SPORTS message board?  Ack.

Yeah - that's why i changed my post :)  but you answered already.

And I admit there are tv shows I enjoy and enjoy talking about and I've found that 'tv' discussion boards are kind of creepy - folks who take the show WAY too seriously - think people on fictional shows are real and are more interested in talkinga bout the personal lives of the folk on the show as opposed to the show it self -

So - watch Glee you silly people

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 09:53:48 AM »
I stopped watching the show ages ago.  I would say if I was Jon I would want to leave also.  she is a shrill.  Screw Nancy Grace, sorry if that offends, but I cannot stand her either.  She is biased because she is seeing this from a womans point of view, "the mother should have control", whatever.  A marriage does not work when one person is a tyrant, or when the other does not have a backbone.  Up until the divorce, Kate spent most of her time AWAY doing other things rather then being a "mom."  Both of these parents should step out of the spotlight for the sake of the children work it out and then if TLC want to start the show again, fine.  But don't put it up on tv for the whole world to watch.  I don't know who is worse, TLC for wanting to profit from this, or the viewers who can't pull themselves away from the show while saying they LOVE the children and whichever parent they may side with.  I am not saying Jon is a saint, IMO he is an idiot that could have stood his ground a long time ago and put his foot down on certain issues, but he let things slide too much, now the kids are really stuck in the middle of this whole thing, and neither parent, nor the show seem to care about the longterm affects this may have on them.  They will be reminded of this as they grow up and it will be harder for the kids to move on because of reruns, and fans reminding them, etc.  horrible.

edit after jemagee post.  I don't take this too seriously, I just have my opinion on this whole thing. 
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 09:57:44 AM by SPURSX3 »
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

jemagee

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2009, 09:56:26 AM »
Nancy Grace really should be on Fox News, or on Dr Laura, cause every time i see her even speak for a moment (which is all I can stand before I want to start throwing things) that's what I think.

I don't know who is worse, TLC for wanting to profit from this, or the viewers who can't pull themselves away from the show while saying they LOVE the children and whichever parent they may side with.

The parents for exploiting their children in the first place? 

TLC is a television network trying to make money - I don't expect them to have feelings or care...it's not their job to do either of these things.  Jon & Kate could have said no at any time and yet the camera kept (keep?) rolling...and this is America baby...after that spring of 1994, the voyeuristic need could not be satiated.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2009, 10:03:52 AM »
Nancy Grace really should be on Fox News, or on Dr Laura, cause every time i see her even speak for a moment (which is all I can stand before I want to start throwing things) that's what I think.

I don't know who is worse, TLC for wanting to profit from this, or the viewers who can't pull themselves away from the show while saying they LOVE the children and whichever parent they may side with.

The parents for exploiting their children in the first place? 

TLC is a television network trying to make money - I don't expect them to have feelings or care...it's not their job to do either of these things.  Jon & Kate could have said no at any time and yet the camera kept (keep?) rolling...and this is America baby...after that spring of 1994, the voyeuristic need could not be satiated.

You know despite all of this, the one family show the not only creeps me out but I loathe even more then Jon and Kate
+ 8, is the religious freaks that have 18 kids!!!  I have to say I am a believer in God, maybe not 'religious', but I have faith in God.....But this family, the Ungers (I believe that is their name), are just freaking CRAZY!!  It mkes me stay away from this channel all together.  Don't need to see tv about families with too many kids, or shows about little people, or any other garbage like that.  They need to get rid of all that and people need to watch their OWN families grow up....not someone else's.

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2009, 12:19:26 PM »
Anyone else remember that the Simpsons predicted this 10 years ago?  There was an episode where Apu and his wife have 8 kids that end up being put on display in a zoo. 
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes