Author Topic: What is your guys take on Lebron's 'reason' for not shaking hands / talking  (Read 8650 times)

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
What if it were Kobe that walked off without the congratulatory handshake? 

I'll tell you what, every sports talk show and written article across the country would be talking 24/7 about it and this thread would be 8 pages long of Kobe-bashing. 

I heard David Stern on Dan Patrick yesterday and it was almost embarrassing how weak Stern was.  He said he'd need to talk to Lebron about it to understand his position before any fine would be levied and that he wasn't going to fine him.  What?  If it were any other player, forget about Kobe, let's say it was Duncan as Lurker astutely pointed out, he would be fined for bailing on the press conference.  That's the rule.  I get that Lebron is Stern's poster boy for his league, but rules are rules, no? 

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Or maybe Lebron was being a selfish jerk, as Welfare Fraud posted, sadly is being selfish and pampered what we have come to expect the NBAs elite to be.  Except for Timmy Dunks and many of the low ego emission Spurs of course.

Shows how little you know.  Duncan is regularly called out for not meeting with the press after games.  Hollinger even referred to it in the articlew he wrote about James.

Now go back to your senseless rambling.
Timmy Dunks egotistical?  :D :D  You may be biLakerSpurs but you are just barely clinging to the Spurs part.
Good grief.  ::)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
I get that Lebron is Stern's poster boy for his league, but rules are rules, no? 

As a fan of Kobe and the Lakers, that comment concerns me greatly!  :(
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
I get that Lebron is Stern's poster boy for his league, but rules are rules, no? 

As a fan of Kobe and the Lakers, that comment concerns me greatly!  :(

Haha! I thought someone would give me grief for that one ... just didn't think it would be one of my fellow, purple Kool-Aid drinking brethren!   :D

Lebron, Kobe, Jordan, Tim Duncan, etc. are always going to get calls.  It's the star treatment and that's part of the NBA and always will be ... so don't panic, WOW  ;)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
LeBron got fined 25K by Stern.  He probably had that much on him at the time of the fine.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
LeBron got fined 25K by Stern.  He probably had that much on him at the time of the fine.

I would bet it was "negotiated" during Stern's conversation with James.

Stern:  Well, LeBron, I need to still look strong.  Can't you spare a few thousand?

LBJ: David, you know how competitive I am.  Look at the money and media attention I have brought the league.  How about $10,000?

Stern: LeBron!  You know that doesn't even reach the threshhold of a slap on the wrist.  $25,000?

LBJ: OK.  But I get the championship next year.  I know it was Kobe's turn.

Stern:  No promises but we'll see.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email

I would bet it was "negotiated" during Stern's conversation with James.

Stern:  Well, LeBron, I need to still look strong.  Can't you spare a few thousand?

LBJ: David, you know how competitive I am.  Look at the money and media attention I have brought the league.  How about $10,000?

Stern: LeBron!  You know that doesn't even reach the threshhold of a slap on the wrist.  $25,000?

LBJ: OK.  But I get the championship next year.  I know it was Kobe's turn.

Stern:  No promises but we'll see.

Lord Sternfish strikes again!

Considering its rumored that Kobe and Lebron made over 15 million a pop for all the endorsements so far this year....I am sure he's going to call his money man.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
I thought it was a $25K manditory fine for blowing off the press conference.  Should have been more if he wanted to send a statement about being a bad sport.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
I would be very surprised if LeBron does not do something early next season for the Magic players that will be splashy and noticeable to make up for dissing them after that last game.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
I would be very surprised if LeBron does not do something early next season for the Magic players that will be splashy and noticeable to make up for dissing them after that last game.

Like take them to Disneyworld?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email

Like buying them Disneyworld.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email

I forgot the old guy was reading the thread.  Should I break it down for you?  Let's just start with where Disneyworld is located and then try to imagine why the team name is "Magic".
-Moody Blues

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email

I forgot the old guy was reading the thread.  Should I break it down for you?  Let's just start with where Disneyworld is located and then try to imagine why the team name is "Magic".

Then he will buy them the Everglades.

Sheesh.

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
I thought it was a $25K manditory fine for blowing off the press conference.  Should have been more if he wanted to send a statement about being a bad sport.

Yeah, 25k is the standard.  I don't think it should have been any more or any less.  It should have just been enforced right away as it would have with any other player in the league.  I guess better late than never.  I know that Stern handed out the fine only after taking a ration of shyte on the sports talk shows after he did the Dan Patrick show and Colin Cowerd show earlier in the week.  He wasn't going to fine him, he saw the public backlash and he audibled.