Author Topic: Odom listed as doubtful for game 5  (Read 1355 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Odom listed as doubtful for game 5
« on: May 12, 2009, 08:55:41 AM »
Who gets the start?  This could be an opportunity for Bynum to get some minutes and break out of his funk.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4159470

Odom is game-time decision for TuesdayComment Email Print Share Reuters

LOS ANGELES -- Lakers starting forward Lamar Odom has a bruised back and has been listed as doubtful by his team for Tuesday's Game 5 against the Houston Rockets.

Odom

Odom, who fell awkwardly while attempting to drive during the third quarter of Sunday's surprise 99-87 loss to the Rockets in Houston, had a CT scan and MRI on Monday morning.

The scan showed he had a lower back contusion, and a final decision on his ability to play will be made before Tuesday morning's shootaround, the Lakers said on their Web site.

Los Angeles is tied 2-2 with Houston in their Western Conference semifinal series after squandering a golden opportunity to go 3-1 up against a Rockets team missing the pivotal Yao Ming because of injury.

Chinese center Yao broke his left foot in Friday's loss to the Lakers, but Houston shrugged off his absence by outplaying the top-seeded Lakers on Sunday.

"We just happened to play probably our worst game of the year," Odom told reporters. "It hurts. We got beat.

"Now we go back home. Hopefully I will be able to help the team on Tuesday."

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Odom listed as doubtful for game 5
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 10:32:50 AM »
Im not holding my breath for Andrew Bynum, seriously.

Funny...I didn't see anyone talk about how Scola pushed Odom down as he was falling on that play that he hurt his back on.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 10:39:34 AM »

Funny...I didn't see anyone talk about how Scola pushed Odom down as he was falling on that play that he hurt his back on.

It wasn't much of a push, guys in the paint put their hands on each other all the time.  The push didn't add any damage.

I think Josh gets the start tonight, Bynum has been close to useless so I expect more of the same.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 10:43:06 AM »

It wasn't much of a push, guys in the paint put their hands on each other all the time.  The push didn't add any damage.

I think Josh gets the start tonight, Bynum has been close to useless so I expect more of the same.

He pushed down on Odom as he was falling.  It wasn't quite the same as just putting his hands on him.  Not saying it did all the damage but it's small, cheap little actions in the paint like that, that has caused all the bickering between Odom and Scola. 

It would be great if Bynum blocked shots like 3 months ago.  They wouldn't have to help on Brooks as much if they actually had a legit shot blocker in the middle.  So much of their problems came on help situations and Battier torched them over and over and over and over because of it.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 08:28:14 AM »
He pushed down on Odom as he was falling.  It wasn't quite the same as just putting his hands on him.  Not saying it did all the damage but it's small, cheap little actions in the paint like that, that has caused all the bickering between Odom and Scola.

Again, this is something guys do all the time.  Almost every game a guy will put his hands on a guys waist or back when he's going in for a layup with no real intent to harm but it does look bad.  I don't think there was any real intent in Scola's mind.

It would be great if Bynum blocked shots like 3 months ago.  They wouldn't have to help on Brooks as much if they actually had a legit shot blocker in the middle.  So much of their problems came on help situations and Battier torched them over and over and over and over because of it.

Bynum looked ok but he still has that look on his face after every play like he doesn't care.  Guys were giving him props for some great plays or an and-one and Bynum wouldn't even look them in the eye and just had this disillusioned look/expression on his face.  It's not something new, he's had that aloof look all year, but it just seems odd.

Great win by the Lakers but it bothers me that they don't play that way every game, game 5 was the first game in this years playoffs that the Lakers played all 48 minutes.  The Lakers better put in the same effort for game 6 or I'm going to be PO'd and the other teams in the league are going to smell blood.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"